• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yamsha lol awesome.

An assist character, meaning what? He's part in Tien's moves or are they making MvC1 style assist only characters?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yamsha lol awesome.

An assist character, meaning what? He's part in Tien's moves or are they making MvC1 style assist only characters?

Possibly an assist for Tenshinhan, like how 17 helps out 18.

Please please please let me command Chaotsu to suicide himself lol.

Ganyc

and a new android:

Bandai Namco revealed a new original female character for Dragon Ball FighterZ designed by Akira Toriyama named “Android 21.” [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]

We’re still waiting for a scan or first look, but Android 21 is described as a busty scientist with glasses and long bushy hair, who looks like she’d appear in a Tales of game. Her voice actress remains unknown.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/1...haracter-android-21-plus-tien-shinhan-yamcha/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Original? Err I'm not sure how I feel about that :/

Spman2099

We're still waiting for a scan or first look, but Android 21 is described as a busty scientist with glasses and long bushy hair, who looks like she'd appear in a Tales of game. Her voice actress remains unknown.

It makes sense that they would essentially have to make their own female characters... but this sounds awful.

Whatever, Yamcha and Tenshinhan made it. Allow all the knockoff Tales trash in.

J4g3r

That's one way to get more female fighters I suppose.

Future Mai with a Shotgun and a Trunks Mafuba assist.

6Rbcpa6.png

Rhaknar

They did the same thing with Persona 4 Arena, it's not unprecedented.

Though, idk if they needed to do this here since they have Towa to use if they needed original female characters, but hey, not complaining.

I'm also not a fan of "guest" characters in other games. I'm always left with the feeling "you could have added another actual franchise character" :/

Not a deal breaker obviously lol.

Also I don't care about Persona 4 so I couldn't tell you who the original character was :p

Spman2099

They did the same thing with Persona 4 Arena, it's not unprecedented.

Though, idk if they needed to do this here since they have Towa to use if they needed original female characters, but hey, not complaining.

Labrys wasn't awesome, but she definitely wasn't bad at all. I think this new character will be interesting from a gameplay perspective.

They need to add Chi-Chi if they're putting Yamcha in

Yamcha should have been a lock just based on his unique move set. Beyond that, he also has a pretty storied history with the series... Haters are going to get crushed.

Maybe she's an antagonist?
That's what I'm thinking. None of the canon antagonists make sense for the premise of the game's story. There's the games exclusive villain Towa who Namco usually use if time traveling is involved, but evil Androids? Yeah, I can see it.

EDIT: Well there's Gero, but he's indirectly involved here and there's no way he'll be playable lol.

RocBase

That's what I'm thinking. None of the canon antagonists make sense for the premise of the game's story. There's the games exclusive villain Towa who Namco usually use if time traveling is involved, but evil Androids? Yeah, I can see it.

EDIT: Well there's Gero, but he's indirectly involved here and there's no way he'll be playable lol.

Well I'm sure some would argue to have Gero over an original....lol

Balfour

With how they are wanting characters to stand where they do in terms of power from the story, I gave up long ago for people like Bulma or ChiChi. I am i terested to be sure

cordy

Banned
Proud of Yamcha for being included. Figured Tien would be as well. This new android was unexpected but I'm glad to have a new character who ties into the story.

Moraizen

I always find it so weird when some people take a negative stance at the introduction of original characters in this kind of game. If this was Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat or KOF, everyone would usually accept a newcomer with open arms.

I'm guessing it's because of it being based on a well established manga/anime?

Either way, I personally can't wait to lay my eyes on her, this game REALLY is in need of a few more ass-kicking ladies.

Also, regarding Tien, bless Arc System Works for doing the work that the DB Super team isn't willing to do... I'm loving it!

Top Bottom