• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Zalman

I always find it so weird when some people take a negative stance at the introduction of original characters in this kind of game. If this was Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat or KOF, everyone would usually accept a newcomer with open arms.

I'm guessing it's because of it being based on a well established manga/anime?

Either way, I personally can't wait to lay my eyes on her, this game REALLY is in need of a few more ass-kicking ladies.
I'm fine with it specifically because the game desperately needs more female characters. And it's always great to see a new Toriyama design.

Moraizen

punishing super dash with 2H

QcLB3To.gif

Thank you for this delicious piece of info, it will sure come handy for the beta. This game is too much fun to play :^)

royox

As long as Beerus, Hit and Black are in I don't care about original chars that make sense in the story of the game. If one of them doesn't make it I'm gonna riot....still can't believe 17 isn't in.

I always find it so weird when some people take a negative stance at the introduction of original characters in this kind of game. If this was Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat or KOF, everyone would usually accept a newcomer with open arms.

lol, in what universe?

anyway, while it's expected, it would have been nice to have yamcha in something besides that orange gi. it's annoying seeing so many characters all wearing the exact same outfit

bumpkin

Yamcha and Tien look badass as fuck! They might not have been the earth's best last hopes, but they always had lots of heart. I'm happy to see them getting a chance to shine.

Revven

Chiaotzu being with Tien is really cool. I'm glad he got included somehow, little guy is always excluded from games (except only in RB/Tenkaichi series).

Moaradin

Kinda disappointed Yamcha isn't his Dragon Ball design. Yet another orange gi isn't interesting. His original design stands out much more. I'm kinda hoping the reason he has his Dragon Ball/Super hairstyle and not his Z one is because he'll have an alternative costume for his original outfit.

I'm glad Tien has his new design though.

rmanthorp

Android 21 looks SO good

Great designs for Yamcha and Tien!! So happy with Chiaotzu assist and glad all the Yamcha naysayers were wrong. Really pleased + beta is SO fun! GODDAMN AH

Skab

Kinda disappointed Yamcha isn't his Dragon Ball design. Yet another orange gi isn't interesting. His original design stands out much more. I'm kinda hoping the reason he has his Dragon Ball/Super hairstyle and not his Z one is because he'll have an alternative costume for his original outfit.

There probably won't be alternate costumes, just colors

His Dragon Ball design? Sort of wouldn't make sense to have Yamcha in that outfit when everyone else doesn't have that look but I know where you are coming from with all the similar outfits.

Linari

Neo Member
I'm pretty glad that they added another female rep, despite the odd description. Hopefully she will be playable as per Arcsys game as the evil/scientist chick.

When's Kid Buu

Rutger

Banned
and a new android:

Bandai Namco revealed a new original female character for Dragon Ball FighterZ designed by Akira Toriyama named “Android 21.” [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]

We’re still waiting for a scan or first look, but Android 21 is described as a busty scientist with glasses and long bushy hair, who looks like she’d appear in a Tales of game. Her voice actress remains unknown.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/1...haracter-android-21-plus-tien-shinhan-yamcha/

I disagree.

She looks like a Dragon Quest character.

I am more than okay with this. An original character was always a possibility, and if she is playable then Arcsys could go anywhere they want with her playstyle.

Remember all the people in here doubting Yamcha and Tenshinhan

*both announced at once*

Yamcha is def his saiyan saga iteration but I'm surprised Tenshinhan is in his Super/RoF outfit. He better still grow arms!

I haven't checked, but I think this might be Yamcha's debut in a 2D Dragon Ball fighter. Definitely wasn't playable in ASW's past DBZ games anyway

Really happy Yamcha and Tenshinhan are in! Now all y'all haters can eat it bc they're hella valuable additions.

Android 21's design is fucking amazing. I love her, also really interesting we are getting OG chars because hardly anyone agreed that we would.

Kaioshin stage is amazing, really happy that's in as well. Thank you nased ArcSys.

I wouldn't worry if I were you.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Hit and Black weren't in tbh. I'm personally not expecting to see either one.

Beerus is a lock for sure though. I think he'll be one of the last revealed because of who he is.

I think Gotenks and Older Gohan are next. Especially after the reveal of Kaioshin realm as a stage

I wouldn't be shocked at all if Hit and Black weren't in tbh. I'm personally not expecting to see either one.

Beerus is a lock for sure though. I think he'll be one of the last revealed because of who he is.

I think Gotenks and Older Gohan are next. Especially after the reveal of Kaioshin realm as a stage

Hit will be in. I think Black is 50/50, if he's not in the base game he'll be DLC.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I normally would be against OCs in a fan service fighting game but Dragon Ball is often so devoid of viable female characters I don't mind in this case. Plus 21 has a great design and there's something funny about her getting in before 17 has a proper slot.

Top Bottom