• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

I kinda wish non-WB fighters would stop wasting resources on wack-ass story modes.

Half of the fun of these games for me is seeing all the characters interacting in fun scenarios. Even if the story isn't amazing I usually enjoy that aspect.

So please continue to make story modes.

kunonabi

Any rumor that says we're getting Bardock is not a rumor I'm okay with.

Surprised we haven't gotten Broly yet to be honest. He's an inevitability at this point.

I really want Roshi. Before anti Super people come at me, I'd have wanted him either way, even if he wasn't kicking ass in Super.

Bardock, Turles, and Goku Black would put the roster right up there with Smash. I almost want to see it happen.

Zalman

The story mode looks great in my opinion. It was basically a necessity to justify constant 3 vs 3 battles since they don't really happen in the actual story. I also think Xenoverse set the bar a little higher than usual so just having the standard sagas again wouldn't be very interesting.

It's also going to make this specific game more memorable in the long run. Typically with fighters we just tend to forget about the old games and play the latest ones. If this story is good enough, it might actually be something people will go back to even after multiple sequels. Dragon Ball video games are basically replacing the non-canon movies from back in the day as a way to tell cool side stories.

Neoxon

For those who give a shit, there’s some GameFAQs rumor saying that minor Z villains like Nappa, Ginyu, & Dabura will round out the roster. It also mentioned Broly, Bardock, Hit, & Goku Black as DLC.

It’s likely BS (because GameFAQs), but I thought some of you may actually care.

I-hate-u

For those who give a shit, there’s some GameFAQs rumor saying that minor Z villains like Nappa, Ginyu, & Dabura will round out the roster. It also mentioned Broly, Bardock, Hit, & Goku Black as DLC.

It’s likely BS (because GameFAQs), but I thought some of you may actually care.

Our very own Undead Fantasy has been hinting hard that Black is on the base roster.

Seriously tho no one needs Bardock, especially this early on.

Nimby

Banned
I'm thinking some characters who are seen as "locks" aren't going to make the cut because their playstyle isn't unique enough.

Since this is an ArcSys game, I want to see:

Someone like Slayer (I'm guessing this would be Beerus)
Someone like Jam (probably Yamcha)
A trap character like Rachel from BB or Testament
A set-up character like Venom or Dizzy (Piccolo is kinda this, but not as extreme)
A character with different mobility options (triple jumps, extra airdashes, command dashes, etc)

DKZNGO2XcAAXN_X.jpg

Akira Toriyama's comments on DBFZ.

DrDogg

How was Ginyu's body switch handled in other DB fighting games? I would love to see Ginyu with the Ginyu Force for his attacks/supers, but I'm not sure how you'd handle the body switch and I can't see them including Ginyu, but leaving that out.

Most characters have 3-4 special moves and 2-3 supers. That's minimum 5 attacks, which gives you at least one super or special move for each member of the Ginyu Force. The body switch is the only thing that has me concerned.

Balfour

How was Ginyu's body switch handled in other DB fighting games? I would love to see Ginyu with the Ginyu Force for his attacks/supers, but I'm not sure how you'd handle the body switch and I can't see them including Ginyu, but leaving that out.

Most characters have 3-4 special moves and 2-3 supers. That's minimum 5 attacks, which gives you at least one super or special move for each member of the Ginyu Force. The body switch is the only thing that has me concerned.

It always just swaps the characters between the players

Balfour

Does it swap health bars too? I just can't see that working well in a serious fighter like this, not to mention the 3v3 aspect making this odd as well. Am I just missing something here?

Yes it swaps everything as is. It's why everyone always hates it lol

Hopefully we get more tien and yam stuff before oct.

Gohan, Super Buu/Kid Buu, Dabura, Id be fine with for the Buu saga.

Roshi, Kid Goku, and something cool like pilaf mech, bulma, or the Tao Pai Pai for DB rep.

Id be fine with hit and MZamasu for super. Beerus is alright but I cant think of anything interesting for his playstyle so him as a background character like say other unstoppable forces like Mr Popo would be fine

I read a doujin where Yamchas body was taken over by a fan who knows the lore
The first thing he did was got to Namek,awaken his potential by the chief and train for a year waiting for Vegeta
It was hilarious how much he didn't want to suffer like og Yamcha

That's not actually a doujin, it's an official work.

Neoxon

Hopefully we get more tien and yam stuff before oct.

Gohan, Super Buu/Kid Buu, Dabura, Id be fine with for the Buu saga.

Roshi, Kid Goku, and something cool like pilaf mech, bulma, or the Tao Pai Pai for DB rep.

Id be fine with hit and MZamasu for super. Beerus is alright but I cant think of anything interesting for his playstyle so him as a background character like say other unstoppable forces like Mr Popo would be fine
Beerus is one of Dragon Ball’s best antagonists, they aren’t gonna skip him. Also, the producer shot down Tao Pai Pai for the base roster.

HardRojo

It is a bit worrying that they haven't said Android 21 will be playable yet, but knowing there will be actual fights in the Story Mode gives me hope.

It is a bit worrying that they haven't said Android 21 will be playable yet, but knowing there will be actual fights in the Story Mode gives me hope.

I wouldn't worry. Even if she isn't in the base game she'll likely be DLC. See Xenoverse's Towa and Mira or Blazblue's Kokonoe.

Buuhan pls
Vegito pls
Gotenks pls
I guess mystic gohan pls
Hit pls
Beerus !!!!! pls.
Omega shenron as dlc
Ssj4 gogeta as dlc pls
Bardock as dlc pls

Then whoever else they wanna add idc after this point lol

Big One

Banned
I just had a random thought, but what if Cell, Freeza, Teen Gohan, and etc. are actually Android recreations of those characters rather than those actual characters in the storyline?

Top Bottom