• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Pompadour

Just focus on the visual design:

vs

latest

From a gameplay perspective kid Goku adds so much potential for a fun character to have in this one that GT Goku lacks.

Kid Goku with GT Kid Goku alt colors. Everyone's happy.

We don't agree on a lot of things Undead. We just have different opinions, and that is okay. Well... it was okay. It is now officially not okay. This opinion is unacceptable. If they pull from GT for Kid Goku's moveset then you just ruin him. He is FAR less interesting.

Give him a GT costume. Sure. Whatever. He looks fine in GT. But it can ONLY be superficial. Also, it should clearly be DLC, not his base costume.

God... why are you doing this to me, Undead? WHY?

I'm fine either way.

Kid Goku is not a priority for me.

Zubz

Banned
While this may be true, they aren't always playable. Like Ariels in Revelator

I could see that being true if the character had an unconventional shape, like Shenron, or possibly Fused Zamasu. But Android 21's just a regular human; there'd be no excuse for her not to be playable. Even if they hold off on adding her, she'll definitely be DLC.

Gbraga

In that gameplay trailer, SSGSS Vegeta cancelled his universal overhead (or at least an animation that really looks like it) into a dash. Is that a universal option that people weren't using for some reason or is it unique to this character? He was even able to combo that into a light, which makes it reeeeaaally strong. I hope it's character specific, he seems less unique than SSGSS Goku without it.

RedEther

Anyone know when we can expect more info from game informer?

In that gameplay trailer, SSGSS Vegeta cancelled his universal overhead (or at least an animation that really looks like it) into a dash. Is that a universal option that people weren't using for some reason or is it unique to this character? He was even able to combo that into a light, which makes it reeeeaaally strong. I hope it's character specific, he seems less unique than SSGSS Goku without it.

He was in sparking blast almost every move in that state is jump cancelable.

He was in sparking blast almost every move in that state is jump cancelable.
Actually, it makes every aerial air dash cancelable, and overheads are airborne so you can air dash cancel those during sparking. Buu's an exception, but he can combo off his overhead regardless.

HardRojo

"We were told the two fighters in the videos below are the best in the studio, and therefore the best in the entire world at this point."

I saw much better play from the beta.
Yeah lol, give that GG player (Nakkiel was it?) access to the game and he'll fucking show you how it's done.

Asd202

Pretty boring update. Hope next one is better. Think we will get a new character at the end? Though that should leak through Jump first unless it will be GI exclusive.

DrDogg

Majin Vegeta would have to exist in the game for that to be true *shrugs*

He exists in my heart...

"We were told the two fighters in the videos below are the best in the studio, and therefore the best in the entire world at this point."

I saw much better play from the beta.

Yeah lol, give that GG player (Nakkiel was it?) access to the game and he'll fucking show you how it's done.

Came in to say this exact same thing. Come on Game Informer... since when was a developer the best at a fighting game (especially following a 12 hour beta)?

We don't agree on a lot of things Undead. We just have different opinions, and that is okay. Well... it was okay. It is now officially not okay. This opinion is unacceptable. If they pull from GT for Kid Goku's moveset then you just ruin him. He is FAR less interesting.

Give him a GT costume. Sure. Whatever. He looks fine in GT. But it can ONLY be superficial. Also, it should clearly be DLC, not his base costume.

God... why are you doing this to me, Undead? WHY?

Those three characters you listed are WAY more diverse than nearly every character introduced in DBZ. All three have more techniques and moves, that are more distinct, than even Vegeta (who obviously got tons of screen time in DBZ).

You may not like them, but they have so much to pull from. Basically, it would have been a tremendous mistake to not include them.

You didn't read the background. He said he didn't want nappa in the game because he was weak. I have no problem with yaumcha tenshinhan or krillin. But nappa beat all of them, so the origin post was of a hypocritical nature.

He exists in my heart...

Came in to say this exact same thing. Come on Game Informer... since when was a developer the best at a fighting game (especially following a 12 hour beta)?
Yeah that nakkiel guy was sick. If you are reading this please upload more vids on YouTube.

Okay, these characters will be left from the base roster. You can quote me on this that most of these will be spot on

1) roshi
2)nappa
3) ginyu with ginyu force.
4) doubler
5) kaioshin with or without kibito
6) ultimate gohan
7) beerus
8) super buu
9) gotenks

On the fence about raditz. Probably won't make it due to lack of unique moveset. Same for uubu.

Okay, these characters will be left from the base roster. You can quote me on this that most of these will be spot on

1) roshi
2)nappa
3) ginyu with ginyu force.
4) doubler
5) kaioshin with or without kibito
6) ultimate gohan
7) beerus
8) super buu
9) gotenks

On the fence about raditz. Probably won't make it due to lack of unique moveset. Same for uubu.

But we already know another Gohan and Buu is coming. Ultimate Gohan, of course, and Kid Buu is the likely one.

I feel Gotenks will be make it for sure.

if there are another 8-10 characters left to reveal, i honestly can't think of who could be a sure lock for like half of them

gotenks, kid buu, and lame gohan are locks

beerus is probably a lock, maybe A21?

after that? wide open

i hope broly is a lock, but i'm starting to think we might get fucked over and he's dlc

hopefully we get some weird, obscure additions

and hs videl

Zomba13

If I was to bet my life on a single character who will be in, it'd be Gotenks. Broly might be the "smart" play if you go by attendance in other DBZ games BUT, they've already got a "small" character size to work with (Krillin, Gohan) and it seems a waste just to have them two PLUS Gotenks counts as rep for Goten and Trunks AND Gotenks has the crazy weird fun shit like his ghosts.

Balfour

I think Android 21 is playable. The GI article mentioned she was made female because of the lack of females that can hang in battle while pretty much burying everyone else like Bulma, Chichi, and Vid. So they made Android 21 to fill more of that void.

Nimby

Banned
People question it because it could have been just as likely she was a story NPC. It's a common occurrence in ASW games, and they didnt reveal an official render with her when she was first announced.

Took Jubei 9 years in BB to become playable, and he was a prominent story character at least for the first two games.

Top Bottom