• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

cordy

Banned
Nobody hates Bardock.

We just don't think that depending on this roster size, we don't need all these Saiyans in the base game. You've got the tier 1 Saiyans like Goku, Vegeta and Gohan. Then you've got like the tier 2 Saiyans like Gotenks and Broly. Bardock is like tier 3. He can be DLC.

AESplusF

I dont see a need to change Gokus intro, I think its terrific, but its worth noting that hes probably the first character they made, thats why it may not look as polished to you. In gamedev its pretty common to revisit the assets first made in production towards the end of the dev cycle to bring them up to parity with the newer, sexier stuff.

Good point

Anth0ny

I understand the concept, and why not. But it looks bad. On vegeta's transformation they tried harder to hide the fact it's behind. But that's not the only problem.

IOhidm.jpg

This looks wonky, it's obviously a 3D model with cell shade, the illusion of 2D is broken IMO. They have to pick another angle. The base model needs work (face, hair, and too muscular).

The super saiyan face looks less convincing than all the other characters for some reason. Probably due to the lightning.

tlT19m.jpg

It looks too symmetrical and flat.

Compared to Vegeta (which I think is flawless).

uQUmaE.jpg

I would LOVE to see them find a way to make online COOP a thing online. I get that tag mechanics would be hard but maybe have a color signal "you are ready" and then if both players press the button they tag. :D

Really hoping they fix Goku's intro by the time the game releases. Come on ASW...

tenor40s9x.gif

goku-turns-super-saiypusb8.gif

You got plenty to work with!

Village

You problably aren't going to get anything like that, because they only have so much time to work with before the match. Odds are you will get a "better" looking version of the intro you have no.

I think it looks fine, but hey you all don't like it so its whatever

Negaduck

I for sure know my dude piccolo will be in. The only character I wonder if they would add is kid buu.

I'd love to see piccolo use his limb extension to cover some angles similar to Axl in GG.

I don't know how I'd want kid buu to play.

I would love a Black & White, manga style, mode.

Not desaturated, plain black and white (I know its more work) but it would be crazy to look at

Slaythe

I would love a Black & White, manga style, mode.

Not desaturated, plain black and white (I know its more work) but it would be crazy to look at

As of now, they at least have a black and white manga color for the characters. :D It lets them keep pink skin if they're human though.

CryptiK

Is it just me or are his iris's fucking massive in Super Saiyan.

As of now, they at least have a black and white manga color for the characters. :D It lets them keep pink skin if they're human though.
They only have it for Cell. Freeza doesnt his is like grey and black not close to what he looks like in the manga. And Gohans has a green belt and white or black gi for some reason . Goku, Vegeta and Buu dont have it at all.

He hasn't missed a single game for so long because he's unfortunately popular like Broly.

The Producer said they aren't picking based on popularity though. They're picking based on characters who have interesting movesets.

and Bardock's most defining move in battle is running into Frieza's death ball

I don't really think "they haven't missed a single game" is proof of anything when that's probably true for a lot of characters that won't be in this.

Neither character were in Super DBZ, the last arcade/competitive focused DBZ fighter. Probably for a reason.

The Producer said they aren't picking based on popularity though. They're picking based on characters who have interesting movesets.

and Bardock's most defining move in battle is running into Frieza's death ball

I don't really think "they haven't missed a single game" is proof of anything when that's probably true for a lot of characters that won't be in this.

Neither character were in Super DBZ, the last arcade/competitive focused DBZ fighter. Probably for a reason.
The last arcade/competitive DB game was Zenkai Battle Royale which they were both in I believe.
Obviously creating characters in that game is a lot less work than a Arcsys game though.

I for sure know my dude piccolo will be in. The only character I wonder if they would add is kid buu.

I'd love to see piccolo use his limb extension to cover some angles similar to Axl in GG.

Piccolo will almost certainly be in and I would be surprised as hell if they didn't exploit his Namekian traits to their fullest extent. I expect extending limbs and growing giant to both be apart of his moveset

The last arcade/competitive DB game was Zenkai Battle Royale which they were both in I believe.
Obviously creating characters in that game is a lot less work than a Arcsys game though.

I mean technically you're right, but Zenkai Battle Royale was basically just another Tenkaichi game. Both this and Super DBZ designed original combat systems focused for competitive play from the ground up

Yaari

So this vjump magazine was also what people mentioned earlier in the thread, the 21st of June, for possible new information, same thing?

Rutger

Banned
This is Arc System Works... should i wait for DBZ continuum + extra , or just buy this one ��

Well, if you ever actually want to play the game, no reason not to get the first version, but if this is just the typical drive by "wait for the next Arcsys game" post, then I'm sure we'll see you say something similar when the time arrives.

Karsha

Any leak yet? We just got the dokkan battle leak and its ...
SSJ3 Broly lol
. I think today we are getting the new characters for this game too?

HardRojo

Vegeta is looking great in both, his intro and victory animations. Now give me that sweet RoF outfit SSB Vegeta. And give me Vegito too while you're at it.

Piccolo will almost certainly be in and I would be surprised as hell if they didn't exploit his Namekian traits to their fullest extent. I expect extending limbs and growing giant to both be apart of his moveset

I mean technically you're right, but Zenkai Battle Royale was basically just another Tenkaichi game. Both this and Super DBZ designed original combat systems focused for competitive play from the ground up
Tenkaichi? what? I thought it was like Gundam Versus, which is a highly competitive game with a huge hardcore scene. Was I incorrect about that?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
looks like the scans are out but i don't see any new info? :/

Spman2099

Yep. "Ore wa Chou (Super) Bejiita da!" That's what he says in the manga and what he says in that gif.
Though I believe in the anime he says Suupaa, instead of Chou.

I am confused, as the kanji in the picture above is for chou (超), but the furigana attached to said kanji says super (スーパー)...

Momentary

Banned
For a game that's "20%" completed this looks pretty good. ASW did a fantastic job in polishing Guilty Gear Xrd from it's reveal to it's release. There's not even music implemented for the fights. The nitpicking seems a bit too much for me. I guess because I'm not a super hardcore DBZ fan and don't really care. I feel everything is already looking fantastic.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Didn't see any info in the first post so I'm gonna ask, any info about a story mode or something like that?

Huge focus on it but it will be different, besides that no other info.

It's pretty damn funny when you look at Marvel getting tons of shit for visuals, from stages, to effects, to character models, faces, etc., and the game is out Sept.

Come into this thread, and the only things people are pointing at for visual flaws is Goku's intro and hair spikes, lol. And this game has like 10 months or so to go.

Tenkaichi? what? I thought it was like Gundam Versus, which is a highly competitive game with a huge hardcore scene. Was I incorrect about that?

No lol. It's nothing like GV outside of 2v2.

No clue how big the scene is for it (I'd be shocked if there really was one) but you can definitely see its roots in tenkaichi if you watch any gameplay.

TreIII

Didn't see any info in the first post so I'm gonna ask, any info about a story mode or something like that?

There is, but they didn't talk much about it. All that was said was that it was going to be something different and original and not aiming to be a straight manga story retelling.

Neoxon

Honestly, DBFZ being closer to Persona 4 Arena (if what I was told by those who tried it rings true) kinda makes sense, that way it won't step on the toes of Guilty Gear or BlazBlue. That said, I'd imagine that DBFZ will replace BlazBlue at most major fighting game tournaments, with Guilty Gear Xrd continuing as usual.

Spman2099

Honestly, DBFZ being closer to Persona 4 Arena (if what I was told by those who tried it rings true) kinda makes sense, that way it won't step on the toes of Guilty Gear or BlazBlue. That said, I'd imagine that DBFZ will replace BlazBlue at most major fighting game tournaments.

It sorta breaks my heart, though. As I was really hoping we would get a new Persona fighting game soon...

Perineum

I wonder if they will include guest characters which seems to be all the rage these days in fighters. Sol, Ragna, etc ? Hmm.

I hope not, but I could see it being a pre order DLC kind of thing.

The next reveal for this should show Android 17.

Top Bottom