• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

I wonder if they will include guest characters which seems to be all the rage these days in fighters. Sol, Ragna, etc ? Hmm.

I hope not, but I could see it being a pre order DLC kind of thing.

The next reveal for this should show Android 17.

If there's any guest character to be added, it would either be a Mishima from Tekken or one of the main characters from Guilty Gear or BlazBlue.

I don't think we'll see guests in this game, though.

maks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlOTbQMFvPY

Nice video talking about some of the mechanics discovered during e3. Some interesting things...

*He said there is a push block but i didn't see it.
*You can Tag when you are blocking which costs 1 bar.
*Sparking blast recovers your red health while giving you a damage boost. Looks like you can only use it once.

He didn't talk about clashes and didn't talk about a few details like how much meter certain moves use. But you can view the video and see some of this. Anyone know if there are roman cancels? This lets you cancel out of your attack so you can extend combos in interesting ways.

All super saiyan transformations could instantly be improved by adding the clear heat wave effects, making the aura semi transparent, and the hair and/or clothes have more movement.
giphy.gif

Goku's intro looks a little off partly because his hair looks like stiff chunks and there's very little movement alongside the back aura.

Speaking the truth. Back when Super Saiyan hair looked flowy was when it looked best. Save the harsh spikes for SSJ2. I was always disappointed how as the show progressed the difference between SSJ and SSJ 2 was barely distinguishable aside from the lack/addition of the sparks. I agree to everything else you said too.

It sorta breaks my heart, though. As I was really hoping we would get a new Persona fighting game soon...

I don't think that collaboration ended amicably. I heard the main reason we didn't get the latest version of the sequel was license disputes.

While nothing concrete I'd be surprised if the two companies did anything like that again.

Hope this team up with Bamco works out a lot better and allows them to work on other properties they own going forward. (ONE PIECE. PLEASE)

Spman2099

I don't think that collaboration ended amicably. I heard the main reason we didn't get the latest version of the sequel was license disputes.

While nothing concrete I'd be surprised if the two companies did anything like that again.

Hope this team up with Bamco works out a lot better and allows them to work on other properties they own going forward. (ONE PIECE. PLEASE)

I thought they were interested in doing it again...

Numb

Not a character list guy just need my team
Only know Broly and future sword Trunks will be in it
Need one more. If they add the buff version of Master Roshi and he is a grappler then i'm maining him too

Speaking the truth. Back when Super Saiyan hair looked flowy was when it looked best. Save the harsh spikes for SSJ2. I was always disappointed how as the show progressed the difference between SSJ and SSJ 2 was barely distinguishable aside from the lack/addition of the sparks. I agree to everything else you said too.
Kid Gohan was the only one with a "big" difference in hair for SSJ2,(and that's because his hair stayed the same as his base for SSJ1) it wasn't some gradual thing, literally the 2nd time we saw it in the Buu saga it became hard to distinguish outside of the lightning.

Spman2099

It will be interesting to see how many characters are announced in the near future. There was murmuring of more information coming in the next week, I believe. Hopefully some reveals will come then.

It's written like that often.

My Japanese is still a little too weak to regularly read manga (though I have worked through a few volumes), but isn't that strange? I know that they share meanings, but they are definitely separate words, right? スーパー isn't actually an acceptable pronunciation for the 超 kanji, is it? Is this just a weird thing that exists in shounen manga?

I am not arguing here, by the way. I am sincerely asking here. My Japanese isn't strong enough to throw any weight around.

HardRojo

I am confused, as the kanji in the picture above is for chou (超), but the furigana attached to said kanji says super (スーパー)...

Yeah, the furigana reads Super, I guess they were just trying to make sure people knew he was referring to Super as in Super Saiyan, or something like that. Let's just leave it as him saying "I am Super Vegeta!" :p It's less confusing lol.

While we're at it, the kanji for Dragon Ball Super is the same one (Chou) lol.
When you win "Best Fighting Game of E3"

x5JZ7yI.gif
NhJ1he2.gif

TreIII

I really doubt there will be any guest characters, Arcsys hasn't done that before so I don't think it should be a concern right now.

On the other hand, though...after the way sales of Xrd jumped up in wake of the DBF announcement? I honestly think it would be a very good look for Arc to find some way to put in Sol, so that he could fight Goku 'n pals, and further advertise Arc's own series. At least he's already got a model ready that could fit into this game.

It'd be a dream come true for Ishiwatari, I'd bet!

Village

Is Jaco really much of a guest? Even his manga tied in with Dragon Ball.

Take what you can get , if there is a guest I want this guy from dragon quest joker 3. I don't know anything about DQ except slimes, and I don't know what the fuck a dragon quest joker is, but he looks dope

6hCVK4L.png

he's like Teen gohan, Trunks and 17 combined

Spman2099

Take what you can get , if there is a guest I want this guy from dragon quest joker 3. I don't know anything about DQ except slimes, and I don't know what the fuck a dragon quest joker is, but he looks dope

I think this would be pretty hard to accept unless the roster was huge...

While we're at it, the kanji for Dragon Ball Super is the same one (Chou) lol.

Ha, I had no idea...

but anime Black is better than manga Black.

Also Anime Zamasu had a susano'o, which is always better than ripping off Janemba (that might be there in a sequel).

Did manga black ever go rose? Last I remember he could only go ssj

And yeah he did pretty much rip off janemba but I like the way he drawn in the manga more.

Mugy

There's only 5 characters i want to play in this game:

Beerus
Hit
Goku Black (SSR)
Janemba
Either Vegetto or Gogeta

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It will be interesting to see how many characters are announced in the near future. There was murmuring of more information coming in the next week, I believe. Hopefully some reveals will come then.

My Japanese is still a little too weak to regularly read manga (though I have worked through a few volumes), but isn't that strange? I know that they share meanings, but they are definitely separate words, right? スーパー isn't actually an acceptable pronunciation for the 超 kanji, is it? Is this just a weird thing that exists in shounen manga?

I am not arguing here, by the way. I am sincerely asking here. My Japanese isn't strong enough to throw any weight around.

I'm not entirely sure, the japanese I know is very limited, probably limited compared to yours. It could be that Super Saiyan is a proper noun and Toriyama wanted to give it that specific pronunciation.

I do know some websites early on called the show "Dragon Ball Cho" and looked like total idiots doing so.

Trickster

Goku Black needs to be in there too. Gimme that sweet pink yaiba bomb.

Please no :/

Having just marathoned most of that arc today. I hope we never see Black Goku or Zamasu in this game. Christ on a stick they were some boring villains. Litterally fucking Broly has better motivations for his actions

I also really don't want gold goku, blue goku, and pink goku taking up 3 slots in the roster, it would be a gigantic waste

Alanae

I am confused, as the kanji in the picture above is for chou (超), but the furigana attached to said kanji says super (スーパー)...
furigana which doesn't actually match the reading of the word it's placed over is often called stylistic furigana, which has uses such as being a "read as: ", being a descriptor of the thing that the word refers to, double meanings, puns, etc etc.
it's being used as the first one here.

Are you serious? Did you even read what I said? They made his iris's in Super Saiyan bigger than in Base. Thats not the case in the anime.

Honestly the word iris confused me. Goku never has iris's and niether does super saiyan. Just big old green pupils. I thought you were saying where's his pupils?

I still feel like the choices of characters to demo made this less interesting than it could have been.
There are like 6 brands of blue energy beams happening over and over.

compared to Guilty Gear which is just nutty

Spman2099

I still feel like the choices of characters to demo made this less interesting than it could have been.

You have to quell the rabid fanbase before you start easing them into a genuinely interesting roster (which is what they have stated they were essentially trying to do with that reveal).

On another note, I would be okay if Yamcha had Junpei's Baseball mechanic from P4AU (or an iteration of it).

Rutger

Banned

It's fine, it'll make later reveals more interesting. Get some of the big characters that everyone knows will be in out of the way first, then later reveals show off some more wild characters.

Top Bottom