• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

kunonabi

I don't think it will be MYSTIC GOHAN or whatever

but we're definitely going to get a present day Gohan. The story is based around the RoF time period and seems to involve all the Z Fighters alive then. It'd be weird if Gohan wasn't present. Even though the last thing you want in a game stressing moveset diversity is two Gohans.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a Saiyaman variant instead

Adult Gohan playing like young Gohan shouldnt be a concern at all.

Daingurse

I wonder if there's any possibility we'll get green jump-suit Gohan over Ultimate. There just seems to be a lot of representation from RoF in this game. I wouldn't mind it, as I actually like the outfit when Gohan goes SSJ, but I imagine most people would be pissed lol.

I wonder if there's any possibility we'll get green jump-suit Gohan over Ultimate. There just seems to be a lot of representation from RoF in this game. I wouldn't mind it, as I actually like the outfit when Gohan goes SSJ, but I imagine most people would be pissed lol.
Anything would be better than an another orange gi.

tumblr_o9bnwxL5Fp1u7487lo1_500.gif

sBBAnuS.gif

tumblr_o0eg74DFsh1v13p9zo1_500.gif
I'll be happy with either one of these. Green tracksuit especially, but we know they're gonna give us the most boring orange gi.

brinstar

I'd be okay with tracksuit Gohan I guess but it'd be a weird choice over Ultimate, especially since they already did him for Extreme Butouden anyway.

Gohan_by_sebadbz-d3d88te.png

This is best gohan. Will they have that outfit in game?

Not with the cape no, SS2 Gohan is in already

Rutger

Banned
Imperfect Cell was easily the most interesting form. Cell became dry once he started evolving.

Nah, Cell had a pretty dynamic growth from having to sneak about to get what he wants to becoming overconfident at his newfound power that he earned.

Not too unlike how Vegeta acted on Namik(which makes a lot of sense), and easily the best use of multiple forms on a villain in the series.

DrDogg

Apparently the scan says "There are still plenty more characters!" or something along those lines, wonder if they mean there is still a fair amount of characters to reveal. 6 is a decent enough number on it's own, regardless.

I could see there being more than 6 characters left to reveal. The assumption of 2 per month doesn't really have much basis when you look at the reveals thus far (especially if Android 21 ends up being playable).

I think we'll see at least 2 character reveals per month, but I could definitely see a month or two with 3-4 characters.

With only 6 characters remaining it would look something like this:
  1. Gotenks
  2. Ultimate Gohan
  3. Kid Buu
  4. Beerus
  5. Goku Black
  6. Hit
Bump that up to something like 10 characters and you end up with:
  1. Gotenks
  2. Ultimate Gohan
  3. Kid Buu
  4. Beerus
  5. Goku Black
  6. Hit
  7. Kid Goku
    [*]Roshi
    [*]Videl / Bulma / Chi Chi / Future Mai
    [*]Mr. Satan / Dabura / Raditz / Android 19 / Android 20

I could see there being more than 6 characters left to reveal. The assumption of 2 per month doesn't really have much basis when you look at the reveals thus far (especially if Android 21 ends up being playable).

I think we'll see at least 2 character reveals per month, but I could definitely see a month or two with 3-4 characters.

1. Gotenks
  2. Ultimate Gohan
  3. Kid Buu
  4. Beerus
  5. Goku Black
  6. Hit
  1. Gotenks
  2. Ultimate Gohan
  3. Kid Buu
  4. Beerus
  5. Goku Black
  6. Hit
  7. Kid Goku
    [*]Roshi

Pretty much this.

I honestly fear for Slaythe if 19 or 20 are in.

1. Gotenks
  2. Ultimate Gohan
  3. Kid Buu
  4. Beerus
  5. Goku Black
  6. Hit
  1. Gotenks
  2. Ultimate Gohan
  3. Kid Buu
  4. Beerus
  5. Goku Black
  6. Hit
  7. Kid Goku
    [*]Roshi

I would love if they put all of those female characters in. Give Bulma a mech suit. One of the reasons I would be happy with Kale and Caulifla is the lack of female fighters in DB.

Balfour

I lost any hope for people like Videl/Chi Chi/Mai/Bulma for the reason that they said one of the big reasons Android 21 was made was to have another female that can tango with the rest of the cast and directly mentioned 3 of those in the same paragraph about fighters. So my feeling is that they were like "these girls could never do anything, so let's make our own."

then again they have scrubs like Nappa and Yamcha putting in work and competing. There's no reason they can't have someone like Videl get super strength through some shenanigans or whatever

Lulubop

I lost any hope for people like Videl/Chi Chi/Mai/Bulma for the reason that they said one of the big reasons Android 21 was made was to have another female that can tango with the rest of the cast and directly mentioned 3 of those in the same paragraph about fighters. So my feeling is that they were like "these girls could never do anything, so let's make our own."

then again they have scrubs like Nappa and Yamcha putting in work and competing. There's no reason they can't have someone like Videl get super strength through some shenanigans or whatever

Well there is reason, she doesn't have much to make a workable moveset. Possible the dryest character in the series.

Balfour

Well there is reason, she doesn't have much to make a workable moveset. Possible the dryest character in the series.

It was an example. I mean none of those females have anything without making everything up as a moveset. And considering none of them are even stronger than Kid Goku and have less of a moveset than a Saibaman, I doubt we will see them unless they go Kokonoe style on Bulma, which I doubt

kunonabi

Man Gohan really got hit with the ugly stick in Super.

If he unzipped the tracksuit it would look good for SS but yeah im not that big a fan of it. Although id take that over his current look without the bang unless he powers up to mystic. Whoever came up that idea should be shot.

I'm seeing people starting to drop Vegito from their lists. He's still my most anticipated character so hopefully he's in. Almost definitely won't be blue, but I think blue looks amazing with his outfit.

At this point with where the game seems to be development-wise (some of Tien's animations not being made yet when they made that showcase video for him), I highly doubt we get anymore super characters other than Beerus at launch.

Daingurse

If he unzipped the tracksuit it would look good for SS but yeah im not that big a fan of it. Although id take that over his current look without the bang unless he powers up to mystic. Whoever came up that idea should be shot.

He should always have that bang. Gohan looks terrible in Super without it.

HardRojo

I'm seeing people starting to drop Vegito from their lists. He's still my most anticipated character so hopefully he's in. Almost definitely won't be blue, but I think blue looks amazing with his outfit.

At this point with where the game seems to be development-wise (some of Tien's animations not being made yet when they made that showcase video for him), I highly doubt we get anymore super characters other than Beerus at launch.
I want Vegito in too, but Nappa and Ginyu being confirmed certainly lowers his chances in the roster. SSB Vegito would be amazing but I'll take regular SS Vegito if it comes to that, he has unique moves and I'm sure ASW would do a great job with him.

Balfour

I want Vegito in too, but Nappa and Ginyu being confirmed certainly lowers his chances in the roster. SSB Vegito would be amazing but I'll take regular SS Vegito if it comes to that, he has unique moves and I'm sure ASW would do a great job with him.

Honestly, SSB should just be an install or alternate color as they both use the exact same moves with nothing new unlike SSB Goku and Vegeta. Plus SSB Vegito got little screen time and only used 2 moves he already used against Buuhan

Honestly, SSB should just be an install or alternate color as they both use the exact same moves with nothing new unlike SSB Goku and Vegeta. Plus SSB Vegito got little screen time and only used 2 moves he already used against Buuhan
1 move.

Final Kamehameha was videogame exclusive.

cordy

Banned

SSB Vegetto will probably be DLC with DBS Future Trunks and Merged Zamasu. You can have those 3 and be good with the Future Trunks Saga.

Updated the OP with Nappa/Ginyu stats, will update the graphics at the end of the month/whenever Bandai Namco releases renders!

Nappa - Power: S | Speed: C | Reach: S | Technique: A | Energy: B
Captain Ginyu - Power: S | Speed: B | Reach: A | Technique: S | Energy: B

Balfour

People expecting a lot of DLC lol. These characters take time to make. And considering Tien and Yamcha were works in progress at least until very recently, I doubt they are already working on DLC like most companies do

Anyway. I hope they atleast do the current GG Xrd model at least for a while. release a few DLC characters, then when they wanna do a large expansion, make it an upgrade.

Considering Namco though, i doubt it. Expect some DLC then move onto Fighterz 2 or "Super" Dragon Ball Fighterz in a couple of years if the game does well (which I expect it to)

I'll be happy with either one of these. Green tracksuit especially, but we know they're gonna give us the most boring orange gi.

I'm that weirdo that always like his school outfit look.

0a348f97d49fa37ea19c6fcfaa0058c097f9f794_hq.gif

But I also just loved the way they drew his hair for that sequence. Just slightly sleeker looking overall compared to the rest of that arc. Not that we'd ever get this costume.

Daingurse

I'm that weirdo that always like his school outfit look.

0a348f97d49fa37ea19c6fcfaa0058c097f9f794_hq.gif

But I also just loved the way they drew his hair for that sequence. Just slightly sleeker looking overall compared to the rest of that arc. Not that we'd ever get this costume.

Not that weird. I always thought Gohan looked pretty badass in that scene.

Adult Gohan in any outfit outside of the orange gi is best. Tracksuit is my personal fave. I kinda wish they let his Cell Arc SSj hair rock with that outfit, considering his haircut there is closer to that then his normal teenage/adult self. Kinda bummed they stuck with his normal Buu arc SSj hair there.

I've said it before, but alternate costumes being sacrificed for the art quality is a big blow against ASW compared to the competition, and is the #2 thing behind small rosters to where I'm only 85% rather than 100% in the "Have ASW make the game/the graphics so it looks as good as Xrd/DBF" camp for theoretical other games.

I-hate-u

I've said it before, but alternate costumes being sacrificed for the art quality is a big blow against ASW compared to the competition, and is the #2 thing behind small rosters to where I'm only 85% rather than 100% in the "Have ASW make the game/the graphics so it looks as good as Xrd/DBF" camp for theoretical other games.

Less ways for them to gouge consumers.

I'll take anything.

I do think it would be hilarious to see Nappa’s reaction to Bulla papa Vegeta, to bad I don’t think the story takes place that far into the series.

The Kai outfit is great. Wish he had an actual fight wearing that.

Opa-Pa

Yeah, it's complicated. I love alt costumes as an option, but I'm too used to them being unlockables to not feel like an idiot when I buy them as DLC.

i just need gohan in is saiyaman costume without helmet!

and he would charge is ki for an attack (or intro) like that :

https://youtu.be/snlsQPBsLuY?t=8m22s

This is by far my favorite look for adult Gohan too. I heavily dislike his purple outfit and I think the tracksuit makes him look like a tool (though it fits him... I mean this in a good way), and the gi is lame too but that bang is awesome and ultimate Gohan as a concept is cool, so I'm okay with it.

Edit: OT but Legends was so damn cool, haha.

Yeah, it's complicated. I love alt costumes as an option, but I'm too used to them being unlockables to not feel like an idiot when I buy them as DLC.

This is by far my favorite look for adult Gohan too. I heavily dislike his purple outfit and I think the tracksuit makes him look like a tool (though it fits him... I mean this in a good way), and the gi is lame too but that bang is awesome and ultimate Gohan as a concept is cool, so I'm okay with it.

the purple gi is cool but yeah, the saiyaman is clearly the best, and we can have full spandex gohan with that, lol :

jkf39Nq.jpg

Top Bottom