• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

I've said it before, but alternate costumes being sacrificed for the art quality is a big blow against ASW compared to the competition, and is the #2 thing behind small rosters to where I'm only 85% rather than 100% in the "Have ASW make the game/the graphics so it looks as good as Xrd/DBF" camp for theoretical other games.

I'd rather have colors than costumes tbh.

Far prefer choosing my spin on a costume with real craftsmanship in how it looks and moves than all the lazy clipping issues SFV has to deal with on it base costumes, let alone new ones.

I wish Arcsys just gave us more in xrd.

after some googling and falling into a wiki rabbit hole:

WF4Y8cO.jpg
r40fPb9.png
SZWfa2V.png

man, dragon ball sure has some dumb stuff in it

and in licensed, legally sold for money media too

and people call super fanfiction

Fj0823

after some googling and falling into a wiki rabbit hole:

man, dragon ball sure has some dumb stuff in it

and in licensed, legally sold for money media too

and people call super fanfiction

Once your franchise is big enough you can't stop bad writers to get money for giving life to their awesome ideas for your characters...

I mean...

DrDogg

I wonder how long we can realistically expect it to be until we see footage of Nappa and Ginyu

Paris Games Week is the first week of November. I could see a new trailer and build showing up there. Not as likely as E3 or Gamescom, but certainly not out of the question.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
What happens if I'm using Ginyu, and the other team has a member who is also on my team? Then I'd have two of the same character on my team if I were to do a successful body change. That would be neat. Get ready for 2X Piccolo hellzone grenade infinite combo spam!

BrunOz

actually, Dabura would be pretty cool in this game, he has a good variety in his moveset; sword moves, he can throw spears, stone spit, sharpened ki waves, demonic will as an powerup, he can spit fire, freezing breath (in xenoverse 2 at least)...

Alecs27

Neo Member
actually, Dabura would be pretty cool in this game, he has a good variety in his moveset; sword moves, he can throw spears, stone spit, sharpened ki waves, demonic will as an powerup, he can spit fire, freezing breath (in xenoverse 2 at least)...
Dabura would be great, I expect him to be released with the the first dlc pack at the very least.

Who's buying that though?

That isn't condescending, market doesn't seem to be the biggest for one piece games

One Piece is the biggest shounen jump franchise in Japan and has been for most of it's 20 year run. It's also the 3rd best selling comic book in the world under only Superman and Batman. While it's chance at mainstream popularity kinda got squandered in the US, it's insanely popular just about everywhere else. For good reason too, one of the greatest series I've ever read imo.

Village

One Piece is the biggest shounen jump franchise in Japan and has been for most of it's 20 year run. It's also the 3rd best selling comic book in the world under only Superman and Batman. While it's chance at mainstream popularity kinda got squandered in the US, it's insanely popular just about everywhere else. For good reason too, one of the greatest series I've ever read imo.

That's true

But from my understanding, its games don't do great. Popularity in one medium doesn't translate to others necessarily, it also doesn't translate to world wide popularity. Or at least it doesn't translate to being the manga forefront in the rest of the world

That's true

But from my understanding, its games don't do great. Popularity in one medium doesn't translate to others necessarily, it also doesn't translate to world wide popularity. Or at least it doesn't translate to being the manga forefront in the rest of the world

Ah, that makes sense. Haven't looked too much into the games sales and I rarely buy them myself, but mostly because they don't really look great? I would hope a One Piece styled game like this would pull in more people. But if the market isn't there, that's a shame indeed.

Top Bottom