• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ launches February 1 in Japan, adds Nappa and Captain Ginyu

rmanthorp

SO happy with these picks!!

Nappa getting Saibamen assits and Ginyu getting the Force on call is so smart as well - all the coverage ~ SO hyped for Body Change bullshit!

If Nappa has a grappling playstyle anything close to #16 then I'm SO EXCITED - #16 from the beta is one of the best grapplers going

When I said it, "Super fans" were absolutely annoying with their garbage characters, guess I was right ; )

Can you people just not be happy your character got in? You got to shit on Super fans? Look I didn’t want him in this game but congratulations to his fans that aren't being douchey about it.

When a Super character is confirmed I’m not going to go around saying ”lol suck it Zfans.”

come on, we're seeing the same old 5 or 6 people spamming Super threads with bullshit theories that are proven false every damn Sundays... ( of course it's an hyperbole but there is a core super fans that are spamming thread for real )...

Trying to underplay Super’s popularity also just makes you look petty.

Mendrox

come on, we're seeing the same old 5 or 6 people spamming Super threads with bullshit theories that are proven false every damn Sundays... ( of course it's an hyperbole but there is a core super fans that are spamming thread for real )...

Dat bait.

Dragon Ball Super is one of the biggest cashcows worldwide currently. :)

delta_reg

Ginyu and Nappa are some awesome picks, imo. Ginyu's bound to have some Ginyu squad assists which could look pretty cool, plus the body change move could be really interesting. Nappa having a Saibaman assist is cool, plus he could probably have the two fingers explosion attack as a super, could be neat.

I think it's smart for ArcSys to focus more on DBZ characters first before saving Super characters last or for DLC, cause it gets the Z characters out of the way, and you know people would buy the Super characters as DLC. Having said that I fully expect Beerus at least to be in the base roster, but they'll save such an announcement for last or close to last.

What unique moves does nappa have?
He fills a niche of being a big body character that few characters actually fill. Beyond that, in EB he has:
A small shockwave
A mouth beam (shown in the scan)
An anti-air grab he can combo into
Eye lasers
Stomps
Headbutts
Lariat sweep
etc etc

Also added Saibamen assists here. Basically he's the big heavy hitting brute of this game.

Igama

Neo Member
I'm sure Nappa will be very fun to play, but sadly I don't like him much.

Ginyu on the other hand is glorious and I'm very happy he is in.

He fills a niche of being a big body character that few characters actually fill. Beyond that, in EB he has:
A small shockwave
A mouth beam (shown in the scan)
An anti-air grab he can combo into
Eye lasers
Stomps
Headbutts
Lariat sweep
etc etc

Also added Saibamen assists here. Basically he's the big heavy hitting brute of this game.

I meant like actual unique moves That only he has done.

I have problem with him being in the game btw

Mikey Jr.

I foolishly thought this game would be more focused on Super when it was first announced. Don't know why I got that impression, but I do feel like it's a missed opportunity to make it feel like a fresh start for the new anime.

Thank God it ain't.

Kinda dissapointed that blue form is in the game.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Great choices!

Also the people who are upset about this want like 18 versions of goku, vegeta, gohan and trunks or even worse...GT characters bleh....
I'm so glad no one is listening to that vocal minority. Go play xenoblade or another one of the crap dbz games that exist.

Ginyu with the Ginyu could be really cool and was something I was hoping for. Did not expect Nappa but I figured there would be at least 1 more big character. Just figured it would be Broly before Nappa.

Thank God it ain't.

Kinda dissapointed that blue form is in the game.

So are people like you just not going to buy the inevitably Super filled sequel? You all make it sound like such a personal offense if Super got in that I can only imagine why you would be ok with it later.

Also Ginyu is cool I am glad he got in.

cordy

Banned
Nappa is an extremely iconic DB character. I don't care how much you like others, him being in the game makes sense especially for diversity. As for Ginyu, he's unique, comedic and he'll be interesting. They both will have great gameplay styles.

They'll be fine.

So are people like you just not going to buy the inevitably Super filled sequel? You all make it sound like such a personal offense if Super got in that I can only imagine why you would be ok with it later.

Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh.

Dragon Ball Fighter: Super will definitely come, they ain't stupid. I was telling dudes this back in day 1 but idk, I know people love Super but shit yall gotta wait a bit. There's enough time and characters for sequels. Get Z out of the way now and save the rest for later.

EDIT: Awesome, they play exactly like I predicted.

Zalman

I'm totally fine with Ginyu. He's not one that gets me excited, but he's pretty hilarious and I like the idea of having him and Frieza on the same team. He even appeared in the Super version of RF, kind of.

Nappa is just boring to me, but at least he isn't Raditz.

Nappa is an extremely iconic DB character. I don't care how much you like others, him being in the game makes sense especially for diversity. As for Ginyu, he's unique, comedic and he'll be interesting. They both will have great gameplay styles.

They'll be fine.

Yeeeeaaaahhhhhh.

Dragon Ball Fighter: Super will definitely come hence why it's mostly a Z game. I was telling dudes this back in day 1 but idk, I know people love Super but shit yall gotta wait a bit. There's enough time and characters for sequels.

I have no problem with waiting,though I still think Beerus(Blah blah z movie blah) and Hit will make it in. I just don’t get people who act like Super getting represented is offensive.

Khezu

Also Ginyu is cool I am glad he got in.

I vastly prefer Z to Super, as I really don't care for any of the characters added in Super, so I'm glad the old characters are getting their due before we move on to the shiny new characters, and we forget about the older dudes.

I don't mind them adding in Super characters for a sequel or DLC, I just don't want them in at the expense of Z characters.

Honestly I would have preferred some OG DB characters, but that's asking for way too much.

The game title makes it quite clear. Is FighterZ no FighterS. The characters revealed at the moment clearly demonstrate it.

SSJ blue are just an additive for new fans.

You know reading this made me realize the article calls the heroes the Super Warriors. I know it’s probably just the writer but I found it funny with all the hoops people like you jump through to try and explain why none of the blatant Super stuff in this game counts.

Two fun characters from the two best Z arcs. Cool. Funny how angry Super fans are, while I'm here waiting for King Piccolo, Pilaf, and Master Roshi/Jackie Chun.

Also, who's left for Yamcha to marry? He gonna follow the Killin route and somehow snag 21?

My only "problem" with some people who are clamouring for every Super character under the sun is the fact that there are characters who are basically legacy characters who deserve to be in a game that is looking to be one of the most faithful to the original material just as much as the brand new, shiny characters who have been introduced in the past couple of months.

It's like if Arc System Works was going to make a Star Wars game, and people kept posting that every major and minor character from TFA, RO and TLJ should be the priority over ones from the original films, just because they're the new thing.

I don't mind if Super characters make it in, and I'd be happy for a load of them, as it'll mean a bigger and more varied roster, but I don't think it's really unfair for people to want characters they've known for decades now to finally have their time to shine.

Obviously, the whole "ha ha it's another Z character" thing is childish, but so does the "another irrelevant Z character, the roster sucks".

butman

I really hope that the next character are Tao Pai Pai and Kid Goku

dragon-ball-z-idainaru-son-gokuu-densetsu-japan.png

Two fun characters from the two best Z arcs. Cool. Funny how angry Super fans are, while I'm here waiting for King Piccolo, Pilaf, and Master Roshi/Jackie Chun.

Also, who's left for Yamcha to marry? He gonna follow the Killin route and somehow snag 21?

Super fans are angry because of shit like this.
Glad to see more Z characters and no Super atrocities
When I said it, "Super fans" were absolutely annoying with their garbage characters, guess I was right ; )

So called Z fans are being total pricks about it.

Top Bottom