• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.
he drew it for fun, he didn't ask for your unsolicited critique

Are you fucking serious? If you don't want people to give you their opinion, don't post it on a public forum.

the hair design is great but there is too many colors on the subject to the point where they clash. Maybe slim it down to just two or three central colors for the outfit?

Watch out, you're giving unsolicited critique.

3MfaXc5.png

I always wondered, what ever happened to the eyes once they went SS4..it just well doesnt make sense...and seeing another character in that design, years later left me thinking....this design is ugly

Slaythe

I don't remember gohan having asymmetrical sleeves, he doesn't suddenly change his shirt after he loses his arm, it's still the same short sleeved shirt.

7f9cbc1db66c41211df203f680a55e3a.png

That's not what a sleeve looks like "without an arm". You can check it yourself by only putting one arm in one of your shirt !

Moreover, after he lost his arm, his clothes were completely ravaged, so he * did * change his clothes. He took a long sleeve shirt and cut one side, left the other ample.

Goku and Vegeta have damaged outfits when they fuse, but vegetto comes out perfect, not battle damaged.

That would have been a very good point. Sadly...

In the manga, Vegeta and Goku never fought Buu. So their clothes were intact, that's why Vegeto's clothes are. =)

Kibito kai's outfit is fine because they are wearing the same outfit just in different colours, and we know some traits take dominance over others, even if we don't know why.

They are not the same. The pants, sleeves and belt are entirely different. On top of the colors.

That's why vegetto is fine because it just takes goku and adds vegeta elements to it (upright hair/boots/colours), instead of looking at each element and trying to find a way to force it in.

I mean, if you really look at it, it's Gohan's clothes with Trunks' scarf and undershirt. I don't exactly call that 'forcing it' .

If they did that we'd get something silly like goku's body with vegeta's hairline

82ff1a6b44b823e79770db0749138a97.png
;o

But what about those two ? I can't wait for you to make coherent rules with this thrown in :
d9bca0f03590970e2a97902056a2c6e6.png

Conclusion : The rules vary all the time, it's up to the artist to decide what looks good or not. (same goes for regular fusion, as you can see in dragon ball Heroes, they decided to add some unique elements)

You are getting way too offended about some critique, that's not how you improve as an artist.

First of all, I am not offended !

Second of all, art is subjective. Criticism is needed to improve. But when it's not about style and more about personal taste, there's not much I can gather from that.
There are artists for all kind of people.

Example : I love asymmetrical designs, if you don't, it's not my problem.

Bringing up bad points about the manga to prove me wrong, I also dislike.

The colors clashing is an objective point that is constructive.

That's a good post, goes straight to the point and adds advice :

the hair design is great but there is too many colors on the subject to the point where they clash. Maybe slim it down to just two or three central colors for the outfit?

I'll look into that ! =)

Tsunamo

I hope we get the cliff side where the fighting took place in Resurrection F. Having clear sky and cloudy versions of the stage would be great too.
Yeah I'd love that. It seems more likely with RoF being a part of the maingame this time too.
Naw red fur looked great.
Agreed. The Brown looks bland to me, sorry Arched. (even if it does go with the Great Ape colour)
Yikes I almost forgot about that, Toriyama is dead set on retconing bardock great tv special story for his crappy verision of the events, while at the same time retconing his own work.
It's kind of funny given his comments in regards to if he had written that past:

When I saw the finished episode, I remember feeling a good bit of admiration. With my works, I prefer lighthearted fare, so I have a tendency to avoid serious material. Even if I had written about the same past, it would have become lighter in tone by far. Thanks to this, I felt as though even Dragon Ball had been given a little bit more depth.

That's prettymuch what happened in Minus.
XV2 has 6 player missions.
Looking forward to some multiplayer SuperGAF sessions when this comes out!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Manga spoilers leaking out today... uh...
Whis says something about the Kaioshin and Gods of Destruction being linked... if one dies the other dies too. In the future Dabura killed Kaioshin so the God of Destruction disappeared and that's why Goku Black is the strongest.

Whis says something about the Kaioshin and Gods of Destruction being linked... if one dies the other dies too. In the future Dabura killed Kaioshin so the God of Destruction disappeared and that's why Goku Black is the strongest.

Oh...huh.

Toriyama has forgot that there's normally four Kaioshins confirmed

This is actually very neat. Hopefully the anime explains it with more detail.

If I remember right Majin Buu killed them all except the Supreme Kai before being sealed. So it should be the same for Trunk's future except here it's mentioned that the Supreme Kai actually died helping him defeat Dabura.

It will be interesting to see how the anime handles it or if this is merely just a Toyotarō addition.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Full thing isn't out yet, but a couple other things:
Chapter ends with Whis explaining the God of Destruction thing, so no Goku vs. Black yet. Trunks vs. Black correctly shows SSJ2 unlike the anime.

Sort of a cheap way to make Beerus vulnerable. Looks like he has Gohan to thank for him being alive?

olympia

If black took over as the hakaishin of that timeline it would keep the alcohol naming conventions consistent with ssj rosé

Erigu

That, and how there were something like fifteen generations of Kaiôshin between that time where Beerus sealed one of them in a sword and now, so, er... a bunch of Kaiôshin have died already, logically.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
New Heroes scans look great too. That Time Patrol Gohan. And maybe an obvious hint about Zamasu in the show?
The next mission is called Rebellious Zamasu

Zalman

The manga spoilers sound very interesting.
So if all the Kaioshin die, so will the god of destruction? I think that can make sense.

7f9cbc1db66c41211df203f680a55e3a.png

That's not what a sleeve looks like "without an arm". You can check it yourself by only putting one arm in one of your shirt !

Moreover, after he lost his arm, his clothes were completely ravaged, so he * did * change his clothes. He took a long sleeve shirt and cut one side, left the other ample.
He for some reason cut them both at different lengths, but neither of them actually look cut, ok; I guess the fusion then decided to cut one of the sleeves even more and grow the other back lol.

That would have been a very good point. Sadly...

In the manga, Vegeta and Goku never fought Buu. So their clothes were intact, that's why Vegeto's clothes are. =)

You are writing far too much speculation of as fact, we don't know what proporties decide the potara fusion clothing, they could simply be intact because that's what it always does, being magic and all.

They are not the same. The pants, sleeves and belt are entirely different. On top of the colors.
Entirely? The pants are...the same, kibito is just bigger, the sleeves are puffier and the belt has a sash coming down from it, if it was entirely different there would be no similarities at all.

I mean, if you really look at it, it's Gohan's clothes with Trunks' scarf and undershirt. I don't exactly call that 'forcing it' .

It's forcing it because there doesn't seem to be a base, all the fusion's we've seen take a base.
You picked trunks' face with gohan's scar, some mix between their hair, trunks' scarf and undershirt, gohan's shirt and then gohan's pants in trunks' colours; it's just a mess.

Good job singling out the one thing instead of looking at the entire picture I was painting.
Also why show gogeta? That's not a potara fusion, vegetto doesn't have that hairline.
The only reason why gogeta has that hairline, is because the fusion dance gives them different clothing, it's an easy way of showing something physical of vegeta in there.

Also Gotenks has the same hairline, even though goten and trunks don't, it's more like just a fusion dance thing that's made a bit more prominent with gogeta.

But what about those two ? I can't wait for you to make coherent rules with this thrown in :
d9bca0f03590970e2a97902056a2c6e6.png

Conclusion : The rules vary all the time, it's up to the artist to decide what looks good or not. (same goes for regular fusion, as you can see in dragon ball Heroes, they decided to add some unique elements)

When did I try to make "coherent rules"? I literally said we don't know why certain traits take dominance, but what we do know is that something is taken as the base.

First of all, I am not offended !
All the ! and cheeky smileys display a different demeanor.

The colors clashing is an objective point that is constructive.

That's a good post, goes straight to the point and adds advice :

I'll look into that ! =)

That's funny, because what I said was, I don't understand the ripped sleeve, there's too many (opposing) colours and the clothing feels like there's no base.
You replied to the ripped sleeve with your headcanon and then just brushed the rest aside, colours comment included, only to reply with "are you kidding me?"

olympia

i like it too and i think it's pretty neat.
i just have this creeping feeling it'll just lead to a plot hole but that's par for the course in dragonball

XV2 has 6 player missions.
CqH-boEVMAAtw8k.jpg

Also don't think this was posted earlier, but Majin Vegeta is in.
1471505775484.jpg

Six players?! That's gonna be amazing. I'm pretty scared to think of the kinds of scenarios would allow for a team of 6, but looking forward to seeing it in action! I haven't had a chance to watch any of the Gamescom footage, but I'll be checking it out the second I get home.

Tsunamo

I'm glad this chapter fixed one thing that was a little odd to me in the Anime. Trunks goes SSJ2 against Black when he's trying to escape to the past. I suppose you can just put it down to him being too tired (and toei not wanting to reveal he had SSJ2 early) to go it in the anime but i'm really happy the manga did it anyway.
I mean it all makes sense......

Creation and Destruction are the yin and the yang
Yeah it's a neat touch,
even if it nerfs Beerus a bit by Supreme Kai (and elder Kai? Not sure if he still counts) dying meaning he dies too but it probably will never come up as a proper plotpoint in the main timeline so i'm not too fussed. It's kind of a similar dynamic to Piccolo and Kami too, even if they're not the same being.

Blader

Given that U6 has had multiple Supreme Kais at any given point, I'm guessing that at least one Supreme Kai is still around, Beerus still lives? Which would explain why Future Trunks' Supreme Kai dying would kill Beerus (old Kai in that timeline was never freed from the sword), while Buu killing all of the Kais except for one wouldn't have killed Beerus.

I guess that's also a good way to protect the Supreme Kai(s) from Beerus throwing a tantrum or something, since they're nowhere near strong enough to fight back.

Zalman

Given that U6 has had multiple Supreme Kais at any given point, I'm guessing that at least one Supreme Kai is still around, Beerus still lives? Which would explain why Future Trunks' Supreme Kai dying would kill Beerus (old Kai in that timeline was never freed from the sword), while Buu killing all of the Kais except for one wouldn't have killed Beerus.

I guess that's also a good way to protect the Supreme Kai(s) from Beerus throwing a tantrum or something, since they're nowhere near strong enough to fight back.
Yeah, that's the way I interpret it too, and as far as I can tell it doesn't cause any plotholes.

*Universe 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom