• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LhEzVs9.png

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I know, probably joking but has Toriyama ever made any of the movie stuff canon?
I've always been impressed he hasn't, avoiding that low hanging fruit... like not even putting Broly in one of the hell scenes or something.

Bardock, that's it. Only because he supposedly liked the TV special, but who knows if that's even true.

Zalman

I know, probably joking but has Toriyama ever made any of the movie stuff canon?
I've always been impressed he hasn't, avoiding that low hanging fruit... like not even putting Broly in one of the hell scenes or something.
Other than character designs he didn't really have anything to do with the movies. I think he considers them to be "side-stories" like GT.

Cwarrior

here the staff list for the upcoming episode
Script: Tomioka Atsuhiro
Episode director: Iwai Takao
Storyboard: Iwai Koji
Animation Supervisor/s: Takamura Kaoru and Seizo Toma

Script: King Ryu
Episode Director/Storyboard: Kohei Hatano
Animation Supervisor/s: Manabe Shuuichiro and Tate Naoki

Script: Yoshitaka Toshio
Episode Director/Storyboard: Ryota Nakamura
Animation Supervisor/s: Karasawa Yuichi and Yukihiro Kitano

Episode 56 sounds cool, you don't summon the Manabe Shuuchiro,Tate Naoki and the new serise director for no reason.

+the fact that episode directors are doing there own storyboard is a good sign
-But the fact that we still have more then one animation director shows there still short on time.

olympia

here the staff list for the upcoming episode

Episode 56 sounds cool, you don't summon the Manabe Shuuchiro,Tate Naoki and the new serise director for no reason.

+the fact that episode director are doing there own storyboard is a good sign
-But the fact that we still have more then one animation director shows there still short on time.

56 has
trunks, vegeta and goku going to the future
so it's awesome that they are locked and loaded for that.

Bardock, that's it. Only because he supposedly liked the TV special, but who knows if that's even true.

I thought the history of Bardock was canon like the history of Trunks? It really originally started as a movie like Garlic Jr?
Well, at the very least the name was canon right? Making him look like Goku was kind of a natural jump.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I thought the history of Bardock was canon like the history of Trunks? It really originally started as a movie like Garlic Jr?
Well, at the very least the name was canon right? Making him look like Goku was kind of a natural jump.

History of Trunks was an extra chapter included in a volume release or something which was then made into the TV special (with liberties). With Bardock the TV special came first then there were flashbacks to him in the manga.

I-hate-u

Just Bardock, but I feel Toriyama wouldn't mind having Broly showing up somehow in Super.

King Vegeta also appears in Battle of Gods and Dragon Ball Super.

King Vegeta is in DBZ. Is he not in the manga?

Beth Cyra

Just Bardock, but I feel Toriyama wouldn't mind having Broly showing up somehow in Super.

King Vegeta is in DBZ. Is he not in the manga?
What makes you think that about Broly? Has Toriyama ever even acknowledged his existence? He at least has mentioned GT and Online before.

olympia

History of Trunks was an extra chapter included in a volume release or something which was then made into the TV special (with liberties). With Bardock the TV special came first then there were flashbacks to him in the manga.

anime adaptation is better than the manga imo. rare example

Slaythe

anime adaptation is better than the manga imo. rare example

Gohan is kind of a moron though in it :p .

In the manga he dies because the androids fake their power on purpose. So Gohan miscalculates.

In the anime he just decides to rush to fight them and die. They took out the deceiving aspect of the androids, which also explains why Trunks isn't killed. They keep them as toys.

17 kills Gohan because he ruined his clothes. It's very scary.

But otherwise it's of course "superior", as it is vastly expanded upon.

olympia

i think it's functionally better, not just because it's expanded on, but it just tells a better trunks story.

i forgot about that part with 17. there was a little bit of that type of thing in the GT 17 arc

asagami_

Banned
If I recall correctly he is mentioned in the DB manga (maybe not by name) but he only shows up in the anime DBZ, in some of the movies, and the anime and manga versions of DB Super.

Something funny about that flashback of King Vegeta with Beerus is how Kami to Kami and Super use different designs for Vegeta. At this point of the movie I think even both Toei and Toriyama like to troll about what is canon (mostly designs) and what not lol

Zalman

Something funny about that flashback of King Vegeta with Beerus is how Kami to Kami and Super use different designs for Vegeta. At this point of the movie I think even both Toei and Toriyama like to troll about what is canon (mostly designs) and what not lol
After what happened with Trunks and Mai, pretty clear the movies are canon and that Toriyama had almost nothing to do with the Super retellings.

NeonZ

No, black has Goku's memories.

I don't think he has Goku's memories, otherwise he'd know how to sense ki from the start. He's missing Bardock's scar though, and he had that even in Dragonball Minus (even though he didn't have the headband there).

Tsunamo

I much prefer your design to the Heroes one Slaythe. Yours is a nice blend of colours and both characters clothing, looks nice.
Some of it's in the manga. I'd say it's similar to The History of Trunks where it's different to the Anime version, but rather than changes it's morelike Toriyama did a shorter version of it omitting some details.

And then we got Dragon Ball Minus written and drawn by Toriyama (also should be noted that this was a extra chapter in the Jaco Galactic Patrolman manga Volume Release) which has Goku being sentoff to earth in saiyan armour and being older than a baby (or at least more fully grown), as his parents decide to send him to earth about a month before Freeza destroys Planet Vegeta in the manga, making them different.
I miss the Whis symbol outfits so much :(
It's just not the same anymore. I figured we'd have them a bit longer considering they kept them for the tournament arc, but alas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom