• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KageZero

Well i did try but most sites don't allow subscription from croatia or they don't have raw episodes. Or i'm just dumb and can't find

The two most powerful parts of DBZ ever for me are:

1. Vegeta's death speech to Goku after Frieza kills him in the dub where he pours his heart out about being forced to be Frieza's slave or he would kill his father - and he kills his father anyways + telling Goku not to let Frieza turn anyone else into a monster like himself.

2. Trunk's ascension into SSJ after finding Gohan's dead body.

These two always make me bawl.

So I've been watching Kai as it's been going through Toonami, and while the sudden shifts in animation are overly apparent, did they also re-draw stuff? I could have sworn some of the colors looked super clean(like in Super) compared to the rest of the episode with Trunks vs Cell.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So I've been watching Kai as it's been going through Toonami, and while the sudden shifts in animation are overly apparent, did they also re-draw stuff? I could have sworn some of the colors looked super clean(like in Super) compared to the rest of the episode with Trunks vs Cell.

Yep they redraw some scenes

https://youtu.be/A-Jvp-g9FKQ?t=48s

Pretty obvious here, while the original looks way better it's god damn seizure inducing so I don't mind as much.

It's way more jarring in other episodes where it will be a quick cut to redrawn footage then back to old footage

Slaythe

They only redrew broken frames. But they mimicked the originals so you shouldn't be able to tell.

They did clean the frames but they did not alter them unless it was to fix the colors (like Vegeta's original color).

If you look at DBZ cels, you'd see it was always that "clean". Or intended to be.

It's Funimation that literally shit on the show and altered the colors, contrast and what not to give it that vomit look.

If you're european you shouldn't be that surprised to see Kai though.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

1. Vegeta's death speech to Goku after Frieza kills him in the dub where he pours his heart out about being forced to be Frieza's slave or he would kill his father - and he kills his father anyways + telling Goku not to let Frieza turn anyone else into a monster like himself.

Wasn't all that just the dub? IIRC, in the original he was just pissed that he was forced to be a slave for Freeza.

Slaythe

Wasn't all that just the dub? IIRC, in the original he was just pissed that he was forced to be a slave for Freeza.

LMAO first time hearing this. Fucking dub.

Vegeta just says that Frieza killed the saiyans despite them obeying him because he feared the super saiyan legend, and he wants Frieza to die at the hands of a saiyan.

They only redrew broken frames. But they mimicked the originals so you shouldn't be able to tell.

They did clean the frames but they did not alter them unless it was to fix the colors (like Vegeta's original color).

If you look at DBZ cels, you'd see it was always that "clean". Or intended to be.

It's Funimation that literally shit on the show and altered the colors, contrast and what not to give it that vomit look.

If you're european you shouldn't be that surprised to see Kai though.

Are there comparisons of this? I'm curious to see it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Goku never got brain damage though. That's just fanon to try to rationalize Toriyama's Goku's shitty behavior. All kid Goku got was amnesia and Granpa Gohan's upbringing.
Exactly, brain damage :p
At first, Goku was extremely violent and ill-tempered, not obeying Gohan at all, but one day he fell down a deep ravine and hit his head, suffering severe head trauma that sent him into a coma and very nearly killed him and caused him to suffer long-term amnesia.

Timeskip needs to happen, and I think it'll play off well with time to prepare for the big universal tournament. I really hope this is the last arc before that.

I do want that to be the reason Goku trains Uub.

oh man never though of that

it would make complete sense after what happened to their last time just only being Vegeta and Goku

So, i was wondering...

Will 'End of Z' really be retconned?

Because a plot device that I imagine that could be used is some 'time reset' gimmick applied by the gods, after seeing that Goku and Vegeta tapping and eventually mastering the god ki, traveling through alternate timelines and whatnot is a big threat to the order in the universe.

So they could alter the history to Goku and Vegeta never having met Bills in first place.

Possibly it is a lot of bullshit, but I could imagine Toriyama pulling something like that.

NeonZ

Nah, Toriyama doesn't seem the type to want to undo stuff just to meticulously avoid any continuity flaws. Besides, if anything, Beerus is actually becoming closer to Goku and more like an actual friend so a storyline like that wouldn't fit.

Mine too. Sorry folks, but OG Funimation dub ( and early ocean ) is amazing!

eb9.gif

So, i was wondering...

Because a plot device that I imagine that could be used is some 'time reset' gimmick applied by the gods, after seeing that Goku and Vegeta tapping and eventually mastering the god ki, traveling through alternate timelines and whatnot is a big threat to the order in the universe.

So they could alter the history to Goku and Vegeta never having met Bills in first place.

Possibly it is a lot of bullshit, but I could imagine Toriyama pulling something like that.

If Toriyama pulls this shit I will legit leave the series. Just no.

olympia

I would also like timeline fuckery be kept to an absolute minimum unless it involves more future trunks AND OR time patrol

after watching exclusively subs I can no longer stand any dub. slaythe was right

sorry if that's basic

however

CryptiK

So, i was wondering...

I always thought this is what was going to happen. Since we still havent seen Bra/Bulla yet.

Short quote from the translated famitsu review of Dragon Ball Fusions, found on gonintendo.com:

"“What if Goten and Trunks fused together?” is a nice idea. Combinations of original characters are fixed to an extent, but the style of fusions is impressive."

Of all the what ifs in this game, the reviewer picked that one? :D Kinda funny...

Not having an episode on the weekend is so weird...I need more Dragon Ball, wish german TV would finally continue with DBZ Kai

I was literally thinking this, this morning. Makes sense.

Mine too. Sorry folks, but OG Funimation dub ( and early ocean ) is amazing!

I'm also on board the Kakkorot Black hope train.
Also, will ditch this sub immediately when funi finally gets off their asses.
Subs are winning the war everywhere else, but not in dragonball land, gotta say.

Subs are winning the war everywhere else, but not in dragonball land, gotta say.

This is what they are doing to us with those breaks, havent we talked about Black being "no-head-trauma" Goku before? Why would he hate Saiyans? How would he be in Trunks timeline...doesnt make sense :p

Next we will be back on the "It's GOTEN"-train again
it isnt Goten, I realized that now, guys :p

"Gets off their asses" as if they haven't been trying to get the show for a year now.

VariantX

I assume funi is doing everything they can to get super to western audiences because of how lucrative it is for them as a company. It's likely Toei or whomever on the JPN side playing hard to get because of the IP's value. Damn near every other popular TV anime can get simulcast or shows up a week later but this one can't is saying more about who owns the IP than those trying to get rebroadcasting rights.

FreeMufasa

2. Trunk's ascension into SSJ after finding Gohan's dead body.

These two always make me bawl.

I always found this corny. Even as a 10 year old kid. Like we just saw him slaughter 100s of innocents (and kids) and brag about being a conqueror and then that tearshow. 10 year old me had the biggest "cmon son' face

"Gets off their asses" as if they haven't been trying to get the show for a year now.

I assume funi is doing everything they can to get super to western audiences because of how lucrative it is for them as a company. It's likely Toei or whomever on the JPN side playing hard to get because of the IP's value. Damn near every other popular TV anime can get simulcast or shows up a week later but this one can't is saying more about who owns the IP than those trying to get rebroadcasting rights.

Just a turn of phrase guys. I'm aware of the dubbing situation.

This is what they are doing to us with those breaks, havent we talked about Black being "no-head-trauma" Goku before? Why would he hate Saiyans? How would he be in Trunks timeline...doesnt make sense :p

Next we will be back on the "It's GOTEN"-train again
it isnt Goten, I realized that now, guys :p

Zamasu found him travelling through dimensions, brainwashed him, trained him, and set him loose on the universe! Well my pet theory.

Slaythe

So I'm rewatching that Garlick movie.

Their whole plan was to murder Piccolo then capture the Dragon Balls.

Ok then. Very smart.

Vex_

Banned
So, i was wondering...

This has occurred to me many times before. I honestly can see this happening. Look at how powerful Goku and Vegeta are getting. Look at all the time traveling going on. If Goku and Vegeta get any stronger, no one will be able to touch them - sneak attacks or not.

I imagine whis and beerus would actually do something like this (reset everything with some ancient god artifact) and the last episode would see them watching over the z warriors from a distance before flying off. That would be where end of z starts. It would be sad, but it would actually make sense.

What is a protagonist without struggle? Face it, whis and beers accidentally created gods and there will come a time where they have to nerf them by erasing their god ki.

Wasn't there another ssjgod before Goku and Vegeta? Where'd he go?

Skeeter49

I always assumed Garlick Jr. didn't know Piccolo and Kami's life forces were linked, or that Kami's life was linked to the Dragonball's existence.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Goku never got brain damage though. That's just fanon to try to rationalize Toriyama's Goku's shitty behavior. All kid Goku got was amnesia and Granpa Gohan's upbringing.

In the manga, Raditz questioned if he took a blow to the head. Goku replied that he did has a scar and thus maybe he did has a hit to his head, but he was too young to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom