• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i went to san francisco today for a workshop so I have to catch up with the thread, but i'll be starting the GT movie and then bojack in about an hour for thread chat and irc chat for simulwatch. i was originally going to start at 5pst but traffic got crazy. i'll post when I'm starting. going to be about 6:20 pst

i'd love for other people to join. quote for IRC info. if you can't make it for GT then hang out for bojack.

<3

There was a GT movie?!

olympia

ok i'm gonna watch Dragon Ball Z: The Galaxy's at the Brink!! The Super Incredible Guy aka Dragon Ball Z Movie 9 aka Bojack Unbound RIGHT NOW

and you should too

quote for the irc

olympia

are there official purchasing sites? Like Itunes or something?

dvd only :/

really nice to see krillin unapologetically kicking ass although it's as he's commenting on his own irrelevancy

vegeta just spends his days thinking about stuff? that's weird.

i like how this tournament just has people fighting wherever. gohan looks cool in this movie. also mr. satan is still huge from the cell saga

the gag with people trying to grip krillin's head is pretty good

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I read the manga up until one point and loved it, I heard the Anime wasn't complete and they had to cut it short, will this new version continue on from where the previous one left off? What should I do here?
New anime continues where last one left off.

remember this scene when DB animation was this good
PwHlB9s.gif

smh toei

olympia

wow, everyone is a badass in this movie, the part where trunks gets his sword is insanely hype. piccolo is so fucking cool

the design of bojack and pals is really cool too. bujin and bido?

god it would have been awesome if satan just died right then and there.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
dvd only :/

really nice to see krillin unapologetically kicking ass although it's as he's commenting on his own irrelevancy

i like how this tournament just has people fighting wherever. gohan looks cool in this movie. also mr. satan is still huge from the cell saga

the gag with people trying to grip krillin's head is pretty good

It fits with his whole "I'll never fight again" line at the end of the Cell Games. And yeah that movie is awesome, probably my favorite.

olympia

It fits with his whole "I'll never fight again" line at the end of the Cell Games. And yeah that movie is awesome, probably my favorite.

oh really? i don't remember that at all. i'm gonna have to watch cell again

also, how did gohan go ssj2? dad power?

and they still think satan saved them. lol

that was cool. i thought i'd have more to say about it. it's a nice movie with enough of everybody

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
oh really? i don't remember that at all. i'm gonna have to watch cell again

also, how did gohan go ssj2? dad power?

and they still think satan saved them. lol

He just needed to get angry enough. Remember this is post Cell Games so he had the ability to use SSJ2 but in typical DBZ movie fashion they had to save it as the last resort at the end.

NeonZ

Remember the end of the Cell Saga. Vegeta was depressed and said he'd never fight anymore. The manga pretty much ignores that 3 chapters later, but this movie kind of attempts to give an explanation for him getting over that.

He just needed to get angry enough. Remember this is post Cell Games so he had the ability to use SSJ2 but in typical DBZ movie fashion they had to save it as the last resort at the end.
Remember watching that movie and going go ss2 you idiot!!! Now after watching so many animes at this point that all made sense they all always do that lol

olympia

Remember the end of the Cell Saga. Vegeta was depressed and said he'd never fight anymore. The manga pretty much ignores that 3 chapters later, but this movie kind of attempts to give an explanation for him getting over that.

yeah, kagari mentioned that earlier.

i'm gonna watch fusion reborn since kagari told me it's weird and that's a another one i haven't seen

i'm actually really enjoying it so far. it IS weird. in a good way. it's also gorgeous

but man i hate ssj3

the sequence where trunks and goten fight hitler is great. pikkon screaming at the barrier is great

janemba is a cool looking villain. the teleportation effect is really neat. there isn't much to him outside of that though. definitely cooler than bojack though.

oh nooooooo the fat gogeta is really fucking this up for me haha

i mean that was pretty cool except for the fat gogeta part. that was just so bad. the rest of the movie is pretty great though

I hate bojack's design.

I don't like anything about him at all actually.

yeah actually, i take it back. the more i think about it the less i like it.

Ahh, we're talking Bojack? I watched it yesterday.

One thing, it made me realize the Cell saga timeline is by far my favorite slice of Dragonball. New content specifically in this area was an itch I didn't even know I wanted scratched.

That said, I feel the first half of this movie is fantastic, but the latter half sucks.
Maybe it's not long enough, Bojack isn't built up or given enough exposition. And it was a let down to have Gohan beat everyone.
Especially since the beginning of the movie seemed to suggest they were giving out cool moments to non Go- people too.
Also, they missed a killer opportunity for DB's first cat fight with 18 beating up the girl space pirate.
I'd say it's an awesome concept, but the fumbled the second half. Cool running man tribute, and seriously beautiful and interesting fight locals tho

Also some of the finest Herculeing. Lol, the Funi guys even kept in the hail Satan stuff.

olympia

i agree. the first half of the movie is cool and funny. tien vs trunks is super cool. the latter half is whatever

the fact that a bunch of different characters get the spotlight is really awesome too. the part in the second act where piccolo busts in and saves gohan is awesome

there's too much mr. satan in it for me i think

i agree. the first half of the movie is cool and funny. tien vs trunks is super cool. the latter half is whatever

the fact that a bunch of different characters get the spotlight is really awesome too. the part in the second act where piccolo busts in and saves gohan is awesome

there's too much mr. satan in it for me i think

It's lessened by the fact he doesn't actually do anything for me. They have 3 scrub baddies, and they need to save them all so Gohan's SS2 can look as overpowered as possible smh.

Cant wait for tfs bojack horseman.

God that might actually get me to watch tfs again...

Skeeter49

I enjoyed the Bojack movie. It felt like every character fit in their post cell roles. Plus SSJ2 Gohan.

Fusion Reborn is also good. Very weird. Really the only 2 DBZ movies I like a large amount. Maybe throw The World's Strongest up there.

Jinjo

The feels when you wake up hyped for a new Super episode only to discover that you forgot there is none this week. :(

Blader

Given the scheduling issues and the rush into production, I hope the weeks off are actually giving the staff some time to get ahead.

SMG

Given the scheduling issues and the rush into production, I hope the weeks off are actually giving the staff some time to get ahead.

Is there any reason shows like this couldn't do seasons?
Making animated shows in the style of soap operas seems like a stupid way of going about things.

Is there any reason shows like this couldn't do seasons?
Making animated shows in the style of soap operas seems like a stupid way of going about things.

That's just not how Japan runs merchandise driven shows. You keep it going until it stops making money or the source material stops. A show is more effective at pushing merch if it airs every week of the year instead of 12 weeks in a year.

If you include GT, it was 18 years for a new Dragon Ball anime.

Remember, we all spent well over a decade speculating about what a new series could really be. Even as little as 5 years ago, a new anime series seemed like an actual impassibility, with the best we'd get being an OVA if we're lucky.

All things considered, I'm glad we're getting more Dragon Ball. I hope Super timeskips after this, and I hope it goes on for a few more years. Let's see 200-300 episodes.

SMG

All things considered, I'm glad we're getting more Dragon Ball. I hope Super timeskips after this, and I hope it goes on for a few more years. Let's see 200-300 episodes.

After rewatching the last few DBZ eps I agree. Everything is a little more interesting at that point, Ubu, Bra, pan, grown up Trunks and Goten.

That's just not how Japan runs merchandise driven shows. You keep it going until it stops making money or the source material stops. A show is more effective at pushing merch if it airs every week of the year instead of 12 weeks in a year.

I feel like the US production standard has been shaken up in the last decade for the better (thanks to Netflix) hoping for something like that for Anime.

olympia

no dragon ball super today

instead, enjoy this cool gif that popped up on my tumblr feed

tumblr_mo926mrjji1r72ht7o1_500.gif

hot

GT owns

Partly out of boredom and partly out of curiosity I colored one of the shots of Trunks in the flashback in the most recent episode. He actually looks really good with the blue hair with this design.

also wanted to say this is nice too.

One thing I find funny about Bojack is how Goku going to the living world to save Gohan from death is just shrugged off.I always feel empty on Sundays without a Super episode. :(

yeah that was weird to me as well.

Skeeter49

Timeskip needs to happen, and I think it'll play off well with time to prepare for the big universal tournament. I really hope this is the last arc before that.

I do want that to be the reason Goku trains Uub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom