• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord now I'm confused. Growing up and watching Buu saga I always though kid buu was the strongest. I follow the old dbz threads, and it's like a revelation that kid buu is weaker than previous forms, and that Gohan could've wrecked him.

caliph95

Good lord now I'm confused. Growing up and watching Buu saga I always though kid buu was the strongest. I follow the old dbz threads, and it's like a revelation that kid buu is weaker than previous forms, and that Gohan could've wrecked him.
I thought so too along with some people then i go on the internet to find out i was wrong. Parts of the buu sage is a mess

Skeeter49

He's clearly weaker than Buuhan and Buutenks, otherwise Goku and Vegeta not being killed in a second is laughable.

My understanding with Kid Buu was that he weaker than Super Buu, but he was more unpredictable, and I feel the anime stressed that fine.

I thought so too along with some people then i go on the internet to find out i was wrong. Parts of the buu sage is a mess

That's the thing about it being mess. In the Japanese version when goku gives his speech before killing kid buu, goku says it was annoying with all the transformations that happened during the saga. It's like the creator of the show was telling us something.

caliph95

He's clearly weaker than Buuhan and Buutenks, otherwise Goku and Vegeta not being killed in a second is laughable.

My understanding with Kid Buu was that he weaker than Super Buu, but he was more unpredictable, and I feel the anime stressed that fine.
Clearly didn't because a common misconception is how strong Kid Buu and one of the reasons you have dumb pl debates

caliph95

Parts? Lol. I use to go back and forth on what was worse, it or gt.
GT tho... though personally rewatch Gt first.
I mean it had moments like vegeta's sacrifice it also had the problems where like cell saga the story continues because the characters don't stop screwing around

Skeeter49

The hope of Gohan being relevant carried me to the end of the Buu arc.

The Vegito part of the arc is probably the best. Vegito is such a funnier fusion fighter than Gotenks. Gotenks is kind of boring to be honest. Must be the Goten inside of him.

NeonZ

In the manga it says "the goodness he gained from absorption that also reduced his power is now gone"

So I'd say Kid Buu is definitely not the weakest but it's definitely the fact the he gives no fuck that makes him strong. So he got weaker by absorbing nice but relatively weak people. I'd say it's kinda safe to assume that by the point where he's absorbed Gotenks and Gohan, that version of Super Buu must be stronger than the Kid version.

The issue is that Kid Buu absorbed two Kais - the South Kaioshin, who's pointed out as the strongest Kaioshin, and made Buu become that "Buff Buu" briefly seen before Kid Buu returns, and then the gentle Grand Kaioshin, who was the one said to have weakened him, giving him the Fat Buu form. There's no direct Super vs Kid comparison.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
zSjQhbU.gif

106Hie4.gif

xxnXOMI.gif

Super sure has been having rain show up fairly often, I wonder if we'll ever get a climactic battle in the rain.

It's gonna be a long week.

Back then, I only liked Vegeta and the revolving door of unused heroes starring Piccolo... so the Buu saga was torture.
Plus side it sold me on Goku. Goku was cooler than hes ever been.

Piccollo would have been training his ass off for like the past five years since Buu saga. And by all indications he was above Perfect Cell level in the Buu saga

I don't know where he stacks up to the Saiyans. He would be stronger than the kids and probably on par with base Gohan. Gohan would be stronger now than he was in the Cell saga, but weaker than when he got his mystic boost.

lol no.

In the Buu saga he is weaker than Shin, who is weaker than SSJ Gohan, who is weaker than SSJ Goku, who is weaker than Cell.

Skeeter49

Why is Gohan going ssj? Does he still have mystic?

The assumption is that since Z, Gohan has lost mystic, and because of that has to go to SSJ to gain a fraction of the power he had during Buu arc.

What seems to be happening, or my assumption, is Piccolo tiring Gohan out until he can't go SSJ anymore, and is forced to go Ultimate. Think when Goku fired the Kamehameha on Gohan in the ROSAT, to force him to go SSJ. Piccolo will probably do something similar when Gohan can't sustain SSJ anymore.

Mory Dunz

Do you mean Super Buu (Gotenks)? Goku facing him was anime-only. Goku in the manga refused to fight Super Buu without anyone absorbed later.

And anyway if you go by the anime, Gohan kept up with him for half an episode before he started losing, while Goku was quickly losing once they started exchanging blows. It's only Kai where it gets kind of odd since they cut the initial anime-only part of Gohan vs Buu (Gotenks), jumping straight to the manga scenes where Gohan is completely outdone from the start, but kept Goku vs Buu (Gotenks).

Kai got rid of that?
eff that was good choreo if I remember correctly

Skeeter49

Didn't he went mystic against beerus

Yeah, so since then he hasn't been able to sustain Mystic.
As much as it would have killed my soul back then, Gohan not going Mystic at all in BoG would have been better, since there no reason to go SSJ in the ritual.

I think he does in the BoG movie but I don't remember it in the anime version.
When Buu is getting destroyed by Beerus, Gohan goes mystic. Sets up Beerus is a big deal that not even Gohan could stand up to him.

I'm so happy all you're characters are getting massive screen time and massive power ups

I hate u all

Don't worry I'm sure they'll give Goten the chance he deserves
and by that they'll just put him into scenes like that with no input from him because Toei apparently hates Goten and Trunks so Gotenks is dead.

That the final encounter isn't actually between the strongest of the characters is actually one of things I really like about buu saga. It reinforces the crisis aspect of it, because all of your trump cards failed so you are left with a more visceral and simple final stand. More primal and less refined. The opposite of Cell saga where the ending could only had been between the best versions of the villain of the hero, because in the buu saga all the resources were spent on a war of attrition and even the villain is weaker now than the first time he appeared.

Goten has never stopped getting massive screen time. Hes just not fighting big bads is all.
Besides, Sanji is the centerpiece of One Piece right now, you need to reign in your greed bud!
Lol I want it all! Toriyama needs to throw me a bone nobody expect freaking sanji of all ppl to get more backstory and development 20 years later. Surprise me with goten too!

Mory Dunz

That the final encounter isn't actually between the strongest of the characters is actually one of things I really like about buu saga. It reinforces the crisis aspect of it, because all of your trump cards failed so you are left with a more visceral and simple final stand. More primal and less refined. The opposite of Cell saga where the ending could only had been between the best versions of the villain of the hero, because in the buu saga all the resources were spent on a war of attrition and even the villain is weaker now than the first time he appeared.

Yeah, but at the same time it has to make sense. It's nice how the situation called for not the strongest people to fight. And I can live with goku not rescuing gohan & kids since it was a split second decision (though he should've)

But once the earth was wished back, the spirit bomb struggle was pretty worthless, since supreme kai or Goku could easily teleport gohan or even gotenks there to beat buu in about a second. That's where it comes apart some. Still enjoyable though.

Lol I want it all! Toriyama needs to throw me a bone nobody expect freaking sanji of all ppl to get more backstory and development 20 years later. Surprise me with goten too!

You should have been on my level! Sanji is my fave One Piece character, and 17s my favorite DBZ character! I'm on cloud 9~

Yeah, but at the same time it has to make sense. It's nice how the situation called for not the strongest people to fight. And I can live with goku not rescuing gohan & kids since it was a split second decision (though he should've)

But once the earth was wished back, the spirit bomb struggle was pretty worthless, since supreme kai or Goku could easily teleport gohan or even gotenks there to beat buu in about a second. That's where it comes apart some. Still enjoyable though.

I choose to handwave it, because if they brought Gotenks or Gohan there, they would have kept to form and found a way to flub in a easy win scenario and end up absorbed.

Skeeter49

I need to get back into One Piece. I stopped watching when that DeerDogMan joined.

??chopper? Lol you stopped at the best parts

Pfft like I would let anybody in here ruin a goten moment
Forgot his name. Hunter X Hunter and One Piece are my Summer goals to watch. Or watch a portion of One Piece.

NeonZ

Kai got rid of that?
eff that was good choreo if I remember correctly

Actually, I just rewatched it and most of the melee fighting animation in the beginning was still there. They cut some environment shots, Satan scenes, repeated super speed fighting shots and a sequence where Buu spammed energy blasts but Gohan dodged them.

When they start fighting again though, then they skip a big part where Gohan dodges a blast from Buu as a cliffhanger and then in the next episode Buu and Gohan fight in melee again, but Buu messes with Gohan's mind by using Piccolo's knowledge - a completely anime original idea. Kai at that point jumps straight to a shot where Gohan reappears already beaten up (seemingly failing to dodge that blast unlike in Z).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom