• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

Lol what the fuck happened here? All those gifs. I believe we should have a gif like *NeoGAF discussing episodes and plot summaries" *shows gif of the Gods, Kais and angels around the Zenos listening to the High Priest* and "NeoGAF discussing power levels" *shows Babarijin gif from above*

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'll look dumb but I need to know. What does subarashii mean?
In Zamasu's case

23138-excellentjpg-zryq.jpeg

Skeeter49

Reflecting on it, it is so weird we have a SSJ Rose.
I never expected that going into Super. I do wonder if we'll ever see Rose again, or if that'll be Black exclusive.

A better question is what has Goten ever done to justify his existence. He's one of the most throwaway characters in the entire show.

Adult Gohan became that way as well though. What do you need Adult Gohan for? You have Goku, you have Vegeta, Future Trunks has been prominent in two arcs and his younger self exists. Gohan feels just as throwaway as Goten following the mystic power-up being sidelined in favor of Goku and Vegeta

Skeeter49

Adult Gohan became that way as well though. What do you need Adult Gohan for? You have Goku, you have Vegeta, Future Trunks has been prominent in two arcs and his younger self exists. Gohan feels just as throwaway as Goten following the mystic power-up being sidelined in favor of Goku and Vegeta

He gave Buu purpose in life, with Buutenks being the strongest non fused character until BoG.

I remember when episode 50 was a pretty great looking episode for Super, funny that already this looks a good bit worse than what we've gotten this arc.
Storyboarding in that fight is still really nice.
We were still recovering from RoF.

You're probably unaware of my post history, but I'm not the biggest fan of Gohan after the Cell Games either.

The manga was pretty good this chapter. SSB Vegito rocked Zamasu well and I'm surprised Shin outright said SSB Vegito is stronger than Beerus but happy.

It was something we all knew but its nice to have confirmation.

Azerare

The manga was pretty good this chapter. SSB Vegito rocked Zamasu well and I'm surprised Shin outright said SSB Vegito is stronger than Beerus but happy.

I'm hoping they scale up the other gods. It'd be cool to know if there were some powers that were just not attainable.

Shin wasn't sure though.

I thought the chapter was bad. Merged Zamasu fights so boring to me.

Now THIS was hype.

tumblr_ogny3slfg41ujwg5zo1_500.gif

tumblr_onjrxyjopc1rd4ymxo2_500.gif

tumblr_og92fxlvGn1usrgjso1_500.gif

c05787d2c0ef3bdb075d078ad51a286480744368_hq.gif

7b0ad035f96c5ac400285838078b5715aef0bfa8_hq.gif

d3799c114cb26db1bc7a32f5d39a5ff9300e3284_hq.gif

tumblr_og8u1c3B1I1ujwg5zo1_500.gif

cc70e3e064c22aff6d3982891721b1109247693a_hq.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
TD8mL4y.png

The ridiculousness of what Dragon Ball's escalation of power ups has come to summed up in a single panel

SolVanderlyn

Wow, these lines about Future Bulma wanting to see Vegeta, why wasn't this in the anime? This is brutal stuff. Worst timeline for sure.

Manga tells a better story for sure (outside of weird inconsistencies like SSG still existing). But the anime has better fights and pacing (not that the pacing is amazing, the manga's is just really wonky)

Wow, these lines about Future Bulma wanting to see Vegeta, why wasn't this in the anime? This is brutal stuff. Worst timeline for sure.

Manga tells a better story for sure (outside of weird inconsistencies like SSG still existing). But the anime has better fights and pacing (not that the pacing is amazing, the manga's is just really wonky)

How? They don't even show Future Bulma's death.

I think the manga versions of every arc has had a worse story than the anime version.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Slaythe

The black arc anime pacing was legitimately awful.

The never ending back and forth time travelling, the horrendous fodder like mental kissing and other shit.

Never again.

SolVanderlyn

I disagree with all of you, your consecutive dissent won't deter me

The manga throws in more interesting ideas from time to time, I wouldn't like it if that was the only version of the story but as a supplement I really enjoy it. It helps us get a rough idea of what was in the outline vs. what Toei added

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The manga completely sidelined Trunks in the latter part of his own arc and Goku didn't even get to fight Black. Pretty lame if you ask me.

SolVanderlyn

I feel like most of this stuff is a result of the manga struggling to keep up with the anime (to an extent). It skips a lot/rushes through things, but gives its own unique take on the outline of the story. The anime has the luxury of being the definitive story, whereas the manga is more like a side project. It's good for what it is.

Remember when toyotaro thought he would be ahead of the anime soon

I disagree with all of you, your consecutive dissent won't deter me

The manga throws in more interesting ideas from time to time, I wouldn't like it if that was the only version of the story but as a supplement I really enjoy it. It helps us get a rough idea of what was in the outline vs. what Toei added

I thought the kachin block whatever things was a cool throwback

Most of the anime was better

Vegito cutting off zamasus hands tho was fire

Remember when toyotaro thought he would be ahead of the anime soon

Remember when we saw manga panels from the Universe Survival arc back in Decemeber? He's probably done plenty of planning ahead of where the publication of his manga is. Plus Toyotaro has designed some of the characters for this arc so there is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom