• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when we saw manga panels from the Universe Survival arc back in Decemeber? He's probably done plenty of planning ahead of where the publication of his manga is. Plus Toyotaro has designed some of the characters for this arc so there is that.

I never saw any manga panels

Unless you're referring to some weird trailer for the arc that I have a hazy memory of

I never saw any manga panels

dbs-tournament3.jpg

Daingurse

Zamasu sounds so weak in that clip. Not feeling that voice at all.

Black should just have the SSR voice the whole time, it actually works.

Reset

The fight in the manga is how I expected the fight in the anime to go (talking about the fusion fight). Maybe the manga will end up fixing the current mess with the androids too lol

Skeeter49

What mess with the androids ?

He must have went from the Super Manga to GT.
If people's issue is his power, what do they expect the manga to do? They could explain it better, and I'm sure they will because it seems like a heated thing, and I'd assume in Japan it's a heated thing, so I'd be shocked if there wasn't a good focus on how 17 got this strong, but he's still going to be this strong, that ain't changing. Though I'm not convinced the anime won't handle this as well.

Fj0823

Goku Black english Voice fucking sucks

SSR Goku Black English Voice nails it

Zamasus VA should never work in the VA industry again

This isn't the first-time live action Piccolo was told to get away from DBZ.

On a more serious note, I'll at least give him a chance once the actual show hits. There's always been some iffy voice acting in the Xenoverse games.

Reset

They have Vegito on Beerus' level in the manga and you're going to tell me this is encouraging for power levels ?

What the actual fuck ?
Makes more sense to me then a person who was weaker than Piccolo in the cell saga is now on part with ssb Goku by fighting off poachers lol
Or a character who was sidelined as a housewife and is even weaker than her brother has no trouble inking away Goku's attack.

Skeeter49

Makes more sense to me then a person who was weaker than Piccolo in the cell saga is now on part with ssb Goku by fighting off poachers lol
Or a character who was sidelined as a housewife and is even weaker than her brother has no trouble inking away Goku's attack.

Because I'm sure Goku fired a Kamehameha strong enough to kill Krillin.

17 isn't weaker than Piccolo in the Cell saga, and 17 getting stronger by fighting poachers is nothing but an assumption and has not been stated. All that's been said is 17's been training.

Blue Vegito on par with Beerus makes sense?
So then with Kaioken Blue Vegito, Beerus is a joke?

It makes no sense.

How does it not make any sense? I personally don't like the idea of Vegito being on Beerus's level right now, but if they do chose to go that route, it doesn't "not make sense". I'm sure they'll reach his power eventually.

I mean, are you implying Vegito's power is a "joke"?

Skeeter49

How does it not make any sense? I personally don't like the idea of Vegito being on Beerus's level right now, but if they do chose to go that route, it doesn't "not make sense". I'm sure they'll reach his power eventually.

I mean, are you implying Vegito's power is a "joke"?

I'd like Vegito to get to that point, but it just feels weird we're at that point already.

If they do it I'm fine with it, personally I'd rather it feel more earned.

Reset

Because I'm sure Goku fired a Kamehameha strong enough to kill Krillin.

17 isn't weaker than Piccolo in the Cell saga, and 17 getting stronger by fighting poachers is nothing but an assumption and has not been stated. All that's been said is 17's been training.
Ah Goku was SSB. He wasn't holding back, Killing would have died.

And 17 is weaker than Piccolo by the end of the Cell saga. Piccolo goes in the time chamber.

daman824

Vegito blue being stronger than beerus is doesn't matter when he can only stay fused for a few minutes

If you're going to put such a harsh limit on vegito, basically making him obsolete, you might as well go all out making him incredibly strong to justify that limit

Or he was simply testing Krillin's courage with a form that Krillin knows is powerful but can't sense....
Auto correct. Krillin* :(

Base Vegeta toyed with SS3 Gotenks. SSB Goku is an overkill for Krillin. He should have died if Goku even throw a single ki blast at him lol

Super Saiyan Blue has perfect Ki control, Goku could throttle himself to be weaker that Krillin while in Blue if he wanted.

Skeeter49

And 17 is weaker than Piccolo by the end of the Cell saga. Piccolo goes in the time chamber.

He didn't go Blue because of power. He goes Blue, and then asks Krillin what his next move is.We then see Krillin shaking, and everyone else saying there is no move for Krillin to make, Goku outclasses him, and he can't do anything about it. Goku went Blue to see how Krillin reacts to the pressure of fighting a strong opponent, someone he can't beat. Does he run, or does he fight. Goku needs people who will fight even if they can't win for this tournament.

Before this arc, Krillin's development has been focused on him being scared, realizing he's outclassed and thinking anything he could contribute is pointless. We saw that in RoF, and the mission to get the herb for Roshi. Blue does not suddenly mean he's putting his all into the attack.

The strength of an attack has nothing to do with kicking it away anyway, when the one kicking it isn't the one being targeted.

Pretty excited for that Kai Final Chapter Blu-Ray that just showed up. Only way I can watch the English dub now. Been watching Kai again to get caught up. Still so good.

It's good stuff. My only real gripe is they didn't go with the TV opening and endings, Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go and Dear Zarathustra. The ones they went with are simply not enjoyable at all. They also changed the videos themselves, primarily consisting of cuts from the OP and ED listed above.

It also reminded me how great the Saiyaman saga is.

the best parts of that Garlic Jr Saga

No full Saiyans hogging the spotlight
Piccolo doing some shit
Krillin in that dope suit
Maron's "assets" to the team :trollface

Zomba13

Listening to some SSR Goku Black lines it sounds a lot like what I imagined Evil Goku to sound like (though it is kind of funny it's just "evil British goku"). Goku Black (and Zamasu) to me should sound posh, sophisticated, like they are above humans. Well spoken and calm (until they aren't). Goku Black is just weird, too gravelly and angry and deep.

Zamasu sounds like he's bored and doesn't care, but in a bad way, not like the character is that way but the VA is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom