• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Zamasu arc is being handled much better by the manga, I really hope the ending is different too. No pacing issues, no weird powers and a feeling closer to the original Dragon Ball Z series.

Zolo

The Zamasu arc is being handled much better by the manga, I really hope the ending is different too. No pacing issues, no weird powers and a feeling closer to the original Dragon Ball Z series.

There's two Zeno's. The core of the ending will be the same.

ElFly

Toyotaro is bananas and I'd rather see him going completely off rails with the ending

he is much better when doing his own thing (although his take on how Goku and Vegeta fuse is superior)

Fj0823

Toyotaro is bananas and I'd rather see him going completely off rails with the ending

he is much better when doing his own thing [n](although his take on how Goku and Vegeta fuse is superior)[/b]
Not really

The Dumb "never fuse with you again!" Vegeta that needs to be reminded of the important things by his son completely betrays the development of Vegeta.

In the anime Vegeta doesn't need to be reminded that he's fighting for his family. He knows. And is immediately willing to use any solution even if it's annoying to him

ElFly

Not really

The Dumb "never fuse with you again!" Vegeta that needs to be reminded of the important things by his son completely betrays the development of Vegeta.

In the anime Vegeta doesn't need to be reminded that he's fighting for his family. He knows. And is immediately willing to use any solution even if it's annoying to him

eh

it is much better to show that instead of having the audience assume it

How the hell does Zamasu even ranks he's like one of the most generic shounen villains

How is he generic? He wasn't for Dragon Ball at least.

We never had a villain that actually believed he was doing the right thing. I also did like the concept of an evil Kaioshin.

We can't forget his feats as well.

He killed Goku, Goten and Chi-Chi in one of the darkest scenes of the entire series. He also killed F. Bulma.
He killed all the gods of all universes in F. Trunks timeline.
He beat Goku, Vegeta and F. Trunks multiple times.
He killed almost all ningen when he became freaking Giygas.
It took the deletion of an entire timeline to get rid of him.

No other villain in the series comes close to that.

TTOOLL

Is there a manga thread? Because it's been a great read. Last chapter was incredible! I stopped watching the anime a long time ago, btw.

ElFly

The arc constantly shows it in a subtle way.

but in the anime the actual scene has Goku asking Vegeta and Vegeta going no no no ok

in the manga is Vegeta the one doing the asking, which is much better

it is ok being subtle, but for a character as obtuse as Vegeta, being explicit is much better

How is he generic? He wasn't for Dragon Ball at least.

We never had a villain that actually believed he was doing the right thing. I also did like the concept of an evil Kaioshin.

We can't forget his feats as well.

He killed Goku, Goten and Chi-Chi in one of the darkest scenes of the entire series. He also killed F. Bulma.
He killed all the gods of all universes in F. Trunks timeline.
He beat Goku, Vegeta and F. Trunks multiple times.
He killed almost all ningen when he became freaking Giygas.
It took the deletion of an entire timeline to get rid of him.

No other villain in the series comes close to that.

Agreed. He was a breath of fresh air for Dragonball. He wasn't just a generic Dragonball bad guy that was just evil to be evil and had some depth to him, kinda like a Naruto villain or modern anime villain. I hope Super continues to go in this direction in regard to their villains.

Isn't it funny how there are only 28 planets left in U7 with intelligent life, yet they've shown so many different aliens and planets from U7 in Super? I also wonder what happened to all of the home planets of The Ginyu Force, Dodoria, Zarbon, Cui, Yakon, Pui Pui and the rest of Frieza's men. I think its been stated that Frieza controlled 91 planets? That might not be canon though.

Also will we ever get another Dragonball movie? It would be pretty cool if we got a movie that will bridge the gap between EoZ and the next arc.....hell i'd even be down for another non canon movie ah la movies 1-13 with a crazy bad guy that makes no sense for the team to beat.

Agreed. He was a breath of fresh air for Dragonball. He wasn't just a generic Dragonball bad guy that was just evil to be evil and had some depth to him, kinda like a Naruto villain or modern anime villain. I hope Super continues to go in this direction in regard to their villains.

Isn't it funny how there are only 28 planets left in U7 with intelligent life, yet they've shown so many different aliens and planets from U7 in Super? I also wonder what happened to all of the home planets of The Ginyu Force, Dodoria, Zarbon, Cui, Yakon, Pui Pui and the rest of Frieza's men. I think its been stated that Frieza controlled 91 planets? That might not be canon though.

Also will we ever get another Dragonball movie? It would be pretty cool if we got a movie that will bridge the gap between EoZ and the next arc.....hell i'd even be down for another non canon movie ah la movies 1-13 with a crazy bad guy that makes no sense for the team to beat.

I'm pretty sure those races were destroyed by Freeza. Ginyu and the others just accepted the deal Freeza made them unlike Nail, who refused to join him. There can also be many different races living on the same planet.

I'm down for another movie.

L Thammy

I thought Zamasu being a generic anime villain was the point. It was like Dragonball versus anime, and Dragonball lost.

Kind of the opposite of Cabba, where he seems like he's the hero of a random shonen who accidentally bumped into the Dragonball universe and got his ass beat. He's even the wrong art style.

Big One

Banned
I thought Zamasu being a generic anime villain was the point. It was like Dragonball versus anime, and Dragonball lost.

Kind of the opposite of Cabba, where he seems like he's the hero of a random shonen who accidentally bumped into the Dragonball universe and got his ass beat. He's even the wrong art style.
I think you're overanalyzing something that has a simple answer, lol. Toriyama just wanted to do something different than the usual Dragonball villain with Zamasu, and Cabba is lanky because that's Toriyama's style nowadays.

Magwik

Banned
I think you're overanalyzing something that has a simple answer, lol. Toriyama just wanted to do something different than the usual Dragonball villain with Zamasu, and Cabba is lanky because that's Toriyama's style nowadays.

Cabba's design also serves as a contrast between U6 and 7 saiyans

L Thammy

Are you saying that a Dragonball fan has overanalyzed Dragonball?

But look at Cabba in comparison to even other members of his own team, or to Goten and Trunks. The most notable thing is that his head is huge.

Yep, I want to learn more about the U6 Saiyans and the mysterious Brola.

Sign me up. It's odd how Cabba never heard of SSJ. A U6 Saiyan arc would guarantee to generate money and ratings. I want to know more about U6 in general. I'am still surprised that we know nothing of their Namek.

HardRojo

Sign me up. It's odd how Cabba never heard of SSJ. A U6 Saiyan arc would guarantee to generate money and ratings. I want to know more about U6 in general. I'am still surprised that we know nothing of their Namek.

I demand an episode where Vegeta (and maybe Goku) visits Planet Sadal from U6, it has to happen, Vegeta said he wanted to visit back in the U6 Tournament arc.

I demand an episode where Vegeta (and maybe Goku) visits Planet Sadal from U6, it has to happen, Vegeta said he wanted to visit back in the U6 Tournament arc.

Super's has always alluded to things that ended or will up coming into fruition. This is bound to happen at some point wether its a few episodes or an entire arc.

I hope the fighters from universe 6 managed to power up offscreen in some fashion.

To be honest, I'd be surprised if we don't see Golden Frost.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
One of my favorite things about the Japanese broadcast of z and super is that all of gokus enemies call him son Goku

It sounds really cool lol
When I first started watching the Japanese version this is the first thing I thought as well.

It'd be nice to see a U6 Namekian in the Universal tournament.

I hope so. I said this before but I hope the U6 Namekians are built like the ancient Namekians (tall like Guru & King Piccolo) and diverse like Drum and Piano. Possibly make them technologically advanced like they were before they were hit with global warming.

Skeeter49

Didn't Frieza choose Gold to mock Goku?
I'd be a little pissed if Frost was Gold.

I kind of wish someone went Blue against him, so he'd get a Blue form to mock Vegeta.

L Thammy

Super's has always alluded to things that ended or will up coming into fruition. This is bound to happen at some point wether its a few episodes or an entire arc.

Dragonball in general has always introduced mysteries for them to explore later, like how we got Goku's origin story half a decade after the story started.

How many things are there about Universe 6 that we know we don't know?
- Who destroyed U6 Earth?​
- Since the U6 Saiyans didn't take Planet Plant from the Tuffles, what are the U6 Tuffles like?​
- What are the U6 Namekians like?​
- Is there a U6 equivalent of Buu?​
I figure that there's no U6 Cell, since their Saiyans probably don't send off their babies to destroy planets and so there would be no Goku to take revenge on.

Dragonball in general has always introduced mysteries for them to explore later, like how we got Goku's origin story half a decade after the story started.

How many things are there about Universe 6 that we know we don't know?
- Who destroyed U6 Earth?​
- Since the U6 Saiyans didn't take Planet Plant from the Tuffles, what are the U6 Tuffles like?​
- What are the U6 Namekians like?​
- Is there a U6 equivalent of Buu?​

Super so far has been doing a good job at filling some of those mysteries up with answers too. For example, Buu in Future Trunks timeline.

L Thammy

But it would make sense. He got owned by Super Saiyans too.

But he got owned by Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta. So maybe it would be Blue(r) Frost.

Super so far has been doing a good job at filling some of those mysteries up with answers too. For example, Buu in Future Trunks timeline.

I agree. That's probably my favourite part of Super, how it expands naturally on the existing Dragonball universe the same way that Dragonball used to.

ElFly

But he got owned by Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta. So maybe it would be Blue(r) Frost.

I agree. That's probably my favourite part of Super, how it expands naturally on the existing Dragonball universe the same way that Dragonball used to.

Vegeta didn't use Blue until Cabbe

Crocodile

I think the big failing with Zamasu is I don't think the series did a good enough job explaining why Zamasu thought a world with no life was "perfect". I get that he thinks mortals often trend towards wrong-doing in his eyes but I felt they never really sold why he felt "nothingness" was better than anything else. You can't have perfection if you have ........ nothing. I would have at least liked some character to call him out on that.

L Thammy

Vegeta didn't use Blue until Cabbe

Yeah, then how do you explain this?

vegetavsfrostxixrd.png

Pictures don't lie ElFly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom