• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

The pattern for Vegeta in Super so far has been a moment/s in the sun followed by being overshadowed or defeated, so I'd expect that to happen in the tournament too.

BoG - "my Bulma" powers him up to being temporarily stronger than Goku, only for the latter to get God powers 5 mins later leaving Geets in the dust.

RoF - clearly winning against Frieza, but dies via planet explosion and Goku kills Frieza again.

Champa tournament - he wins the most matches out of anyone but immediately loses to Hit. Goku then whips out Kaioken and is more or less on par with Hit leaving Geets in the dust once again.

Future Trunks - by the end of it Vegeta was definitely stronger than Black, but nope Goku and Trunks gets the 'win' in the end before Zeno cleans house.

So if he were to get knocked out soon hes probably first gonna get a big win before he is taken out.

That's all I want. I live for the cool Vegeta moments, even if he immediately has to step aside to let the other characters shine.

Jmille99

The pattern for Vegeta in Super so far has been a moment/s in the sun followed by being overshadowed or defeated, so I'd expect that to happen in the tournament too.

BoG - "my Bulma" powers him up to being temporarily stronger than Goku, only for the latter to get God powers 5 mins later leaving Geets in the dust.

RoF - clearly winning against Frieza, but dies via planet explosion and Goku kills Frieza again.

Champa tournament - he wins the most matches out of anyone but immediately loses to Hit. Goku then whips out Kaioken and is more or less on par with Hit leaving Geets in the dust once again.

Future Trunks - by the end of it Vegeta was definitely stronger than Black, but nope Goku and Trunks gets the 'win' in the end before Zeno cleans house.

So if he were to get knocked out soon hes probably first gonna get a big win before he is taken out.

This is one of the things that have bothered me the most especially when you add in Bulma throwing shade at him during the Zamasu arc (having faith in Goku moreso than Vegeta), his slime clone vs Goku, a new baby, the constant Time Chamber training, etc....and nothing seems to come from it.

I really hope that at some point he has his big hero moment instead of seemingly being thrown under the bus like I feel he has time and time again.

Goku wouldn't have faired much longer than Vegeta if he didn't have the chance to study Hit's technique.
gt1yW0Z.gif

nah bruh, Goku was able to eventually counter it, he was still getting hit dead on full force like Vegeta was but he took many more blows and was able tank it. Goku was straight up far more tankier than Vegeta was.

I'm of the opinion that Vegeta is going to fight Toppo at some point in time before getting bodied by Jiren. I think that'd be a fun show, since they never got to fight or even see each other earlier.

Skeeter49

The only thing that is irritating is we're once again shitting on the "what if Goku and Vegeta worked together" development that has existed since ROF.

Style

Banned
Vegeta not getting spotlight episodes doesn't mean anything to me considering Kuririn got 2 episodes about him training again beforehand, an entire tournament episode dedicated to him and then got smacked outside the arena by the tail of Freeza clone #294 2 minutes in to the tournament.

NeonZ

BTW apparently Krillin is using his Super outfit in DBFZ. Beerus, Hit and Goku Black may have a chance in the base roster?

Beerus is certainly in. They wouldn't include the space arena without Beerus. It'd be like the Cell Games arena without Cell.

Baleoce

Beerus is certainly in. They wouldn't include the space arena without Beerus. It'd be like the Cell Games arena without Cell.

I hope they have a stage where Shenron is summoned in the background. Was half expecting a stage variant with Porunga on Namek. But I don't mind, because the stage variant they do have on Namek is amazing as it is.

Slaythe

Vegeta wasn't going to listen to him. Or anyone for that matter.

With Gohan's power, anybody he would decide to fight would be crushed if he helped one of the strongest guys. And it's not like the losers have to be left alone.

They follow Gohan while he hops around and helps out Vegeta, Goku, 17 etc...

Instead of doing nothing waiting in the middle, for everyone including his strong allies, to be taken out.

"B-but it's ok guys I saved master Roshi".

Not a fan of that at all.

Skeeter49

The goal is to have the most people standing though, not be the last one standing. Being agressive leaves you in positions where you get knocked out.

Vegeta and Goku are looking for trouble and making enemies.

KHlover

Banned
Wonder if the writers will remember Kiai shouts and blasts are a thing in Dragon Ball. Should be a good way to eliminate foes near the ledge. Would be nice if we see Tenshinhan redirect some attacks as well, but I'm pretty sure we won't.

brinstar

And Piccolo was stronger than Super Saiyan 2 Gohan, the latter is comparable to Goku on equals forms and Goku trashed Frost with regular Super Saiyan.

Ahh, I forgot. Man I wish they'd just give Piccolo an obvious power up and be done with it. Feels weird to have him lagging behind when he used to be right up there with Goku.

Mory Dunz

He did break formation to save 18.

But they did keep up the strategy of fight "2 v 1" with 18
but effed it up.

Maybe Gohan and 17 should fight someone tough 2v1. to knock out a big player. If he's willing.

Xero

This is one of the things that have bothered me the most especially when you add in Bulma throwing shade at him during the Zamasu arc (having faith in Goku moreso than Vegeta), his slime clone vs Goku, a new baby, the constant Time Chamber training, etc....and nothing seems to come from it.

I really hope that at some point he has his big hero moment instead of seemingly being thrown under the bus like I feel he has time and time again.
I thought the goku black beatdown vegeta gave was pretty badass, as well as the father son galick. Overall i was pretty happy with vegeta in the trunks arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom