• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rutger

Banned
And yet he's still better than the convenient generic caulifla and extremely original Broly clone.

I'm not saying you have to like them, I'm pretty indifferent to them myself.

However, if they keep bringing back a villain who probably should have stayed dead just because he's popular, then they sure as hell are not going to ignore more Saiyans. And I say this as a person who would love to see the importance of non-Saiyans greatly increased.

Hey put a warning for that shit dude.

I was eating. :/

Almost threw up.

Man why can't Yuya Takahashi replace him T.T ?

9fb9c88537b2a02e9ad181b1e54711d0.jpg

I don't think Yamamuro needs to be replaced, he's been making great improvements, he just needs to be given a chance to redo the main cast's designs.
OEjqtKZ.png

UjrixJB.png

Honestly the only problem I have with the suit designs is Goku's front on nose.
Also his new design for Gohan doesn't have the fat, poofy pants that his old Goku has that I know you hate so much.

Slaythe

I'm not saying you have to like them, I'm pretty indifferent to them myself.

However, if they keep bringing back a villain who probably should have stayed dead just because he's popular, then they sure as hell are not going to ignore more Saiyans. And I say this as a person who would love to see the importance of non-Saiyans greatly increased.

We already have saiyans. Goku Vegeta Trunks Goten Pan Bra Gohan.

Who got more popular, Cabba or Hit ?

I guess Kale could be important because of the Broly wank. That's about it.

Odoul

It's really disturbing looking at it lol
They look younger than their Z selves
They are.

Marron is supposedly ten and regressed to being carried like a toddler and speaks in baby talk. Worse off than the buu saga.

Bulma sis younger and has somehow switched ages with Chichi.

Zeno fuckery is afoot.

Slaythe

They are.

Marron is supposedly ten and regressed to being carried like a toddler and speaks in baby talk. Worse off than the buu saga.

Bulma sis younger and has somehow switched ages with Chichi.

Zeno fuckery is afoot.

Have you seen Krilin at age 14 ? Have you seen Bulma's mother at age 50 ?

K thanks, bye.

Skii

Bringing Frieza back was a mistake but at least he has the personality to carry his screen time unlike the girl saiyans. And then Super needs to trivialise large parts of Z and itself to make them relevant. Really poor execution.

Bringing Frieza back was a mistake but at least he has the personality to carry his screen time unlike the girl saiyans. And then Super needs to trivialise large parts of Z and itself to make them relevant. Really poor execution.

Super Saiyan was trivialized long before Super.

Toriyama has already shown that he isn't afraid to show a bad end, he already deleted future trunks' timeline which is a really the original dragon ball timeline
Trunks' timeline isn't the original one, Cell's is.

A version of Trunks travelled to the past, warned the Z fighters and they defeated the androids, either by training or by using the remote controls, Trunks went back to his timeline and killed the androids, then Cell showed himself, killed Trunks and went back in time to "our" timeline.

Slaythe

Trunks' timeline isn't the original one, Cell's is.

A version of Trunks travelled to the past, warned the Z fighters and they defeated the androids, either by training or by using the remote controls, Trunks went back to his timeline and killed the androids, then Cell showed himself, killed Trunks and went back in time to "our" timeline.

No.

Frieza was killed by Trunks in Cell's timeline. So his can't be the original.

Frieza has amounted to nothing more than a cash grab in Super. Doesn't really matter how iconic he is when they've done nothing so far to justify bringing him back, he feels tacked on rather than a natural part of the story.

But you're right, Frieza isn't the exact same as the new saiyans, because the new saiyans are bringing new personalities to the table as well as the potential dynamic of Vegeta visiting their homeworld.

They've done plenty to justify bringing him back considering they need the strongest members of their universe to prevent it from being destroyed. Everything was explained in his recruitment episodes just like any of the other members.

The problem is you just don't like it.

When is Super actually supposed to be set? Cause according to Wikipedia it's four years after the defeat of Buu. If that's the case then Goten and Trunks are about the same age as Gohan during the Cell saga, so it's completely baffling why they're so short, Goten especially.

ElFly

No.

Frieza was killed by Trunks in Cell's timeline. So his can't be the original.

this has always bothered me about the old 4 timelines theory

the FTrunks that we see getting killed by Cell _in the Cell games_ should not be there. FTrunks can only go back and forth to the timeline where they destroy the androids in a lame way (prolly Bulma's detonator). Cell creates a new timeline when he goes back far further than Trunks did but...how did _another_ Future Trunks get there?

he cannot be from the lame version of DBZ where they kill the androids with the detonator. in that future, either everyone is killed by Buu, or more Goku being alive lets them survive, but in no way a FTrunks with a time machine should happen

luckily Super happened and now there are only two timelines and one got nuked...and another was created just to give a happy ending to FT and FMai, but we try to not think too much about that one

Sony

Nintendo
They've done plenty to justify bringing him back considering they need the strongest members of their universe to prevent it from being destroyed. Everything was explained in his recruitment episodes just like like any of the other members.

Cell would have been a better choice really. But I like the Goku/Freeza dynamic/rivalry.
Edit: Yeah, the strongest in the universe makes sense.

They've done plenty to justify bringing him back considering they need the strongest members of their universe to prevent it from being destroyed. Everything was explained in his recruitment episodes just like like any of the other members.

Bingo.

95 was amazing and hinted at Freeza's plans for later on.

There's nothing but good things with his return.

Skeeter49

Why would Cell be a better choice?

Theoretically he could absorb Goku's and Vegeta's energy, give them sensu's so he can absorb their energy again, rinse and repeat until Cell is stronger than everyone.

left thread a couple of day ago with the hate train going strong for Caulifla and Kale... came back today same train going full force... Ok then.. and the same members too...
Different people like different characters. As long as you're not insulting others for liking a certain character, having a dislike for a character is fine. In a perfect world we'd want every character to be interesting and likable.

Well, Cell has potential to improve himself as he is part Saiyan, he could have done it in the Rosat. But Cell's personality is one that at least respects the rules of a tournament/ martial arts match. His motivation for the Cell games could have been used in the ToP. Dare I say, he's more trustworthy than Frieza. But then again, Frieza is much stronger so ultimately he's the better choice for the survival of the universe. Plus, I like the Goku/Frieza dynamic.

Speaking of which, I would have loved it they showed Frieza's reaction to Berserker Kale.
They had a reaction shot of like 20 fighters at once, and Frieza was in it. But yeah this would have been a good episode to get Frieza's reaction.
Rioting if Frieza doesn't take out a U6 saiyan. Or try to. Cabba and Frieza, it's time.

Malvingt2

left thread a couple of day ago with the hate train going strong for Caulifla and Kale... came back today same train going full force... Ok then.. and the same members too...

Hoping for more Gohan action ...

Sony

Nintendo
Why would Cell be a better choice?

Well, Cell has potential to improve himself as he is part Saiyan, he could have done it in the Rosat. But Cell's personality is one that at least respects the rules of a tournament/ martial arts match. His motivation for the Cell games could have been used in the ToP. Dare I say, he's more trustworthy than Frieza. But then again, Frieza is much stronger so ultimately he's the better choice for the survival of the universe. Plus, I like the Goku/Frieza dynamic.

Speaking of which, I would have loved it they showed Frieza's reaction to Berserker Kale.

Malvingt2

Theoretically he could absorb Goku's and Vegeta's energy, give them sensu's so he can absorb their energy again, rinse and repeat until Cell is stronger than everyone.

Different people like different characters. As long as you're not insulting others for liking a certain character, having a dislike for a character is fine. In a perfect world we'd want every character to be interesting and likable.

I agree but I had witness in here people insulting or putting down others because they have different opinions but I get your point..

KHlover

Banned
When is Super actually supposed to be set? Cause according to Wikipedia it's four years after the defeat of Buu. If that's the case then Goten and Trunks are about the same age as Gohan during the Cell saga, so it's completely baffling why they're so short, Goten especially.
Goten ages like his old man. Goku at 14 pretty much looks like Goten in DBZ lol.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
So the whole thing about "no killing rule" got me thinking - if someone were to bait a shot and then put another character in harms way (dodge or throw) who gets blamed for the kill?
If the shooters takes the blame, it'd be a really character fitting way to DQ a powerful opponent for some...

Sony

Nintendo
They had a reaction shot of like 20 fighters at once, and Frieza was in it. But yeah this would have been a good episode to get Frieza's reaction.
Rioting if Frieza doesn't take out a U6 saiyan. Or try to. Cabba and Frieza, it's time.

I mean, Frieza always feared the SSJ. His reaction to seeing Goku SSB be toyed with by a raging SSJ would have been interesting.

Ennosuke

I don't like the Universe 6 saiyajins. By doing nothing they easily achieve stuff which universe 7 saiyajins took a lot of time. I mean Goku thinks she could have achieved SSJ3 during the fight. Come on....

How strong is Jiren? One punching female Broly.

Skeeter49

I mean, Frieza always feared the SSJ. His reaction to seeing Goku SSB be toyed with by a raging SSJ would have been interesting.

They could have made Episode of Bardock canon.
Looks at Kale. "That form. Was that the form the great Lord Chill told of, the one we should fear at all cost, the legendary SSJ"?

I don't like the Universe 6 saiyajins. By doing nothing they easily achieve stuff which universe 7 saiyajins took a lot of time. I mean Goku thinks she could have achieved SSJ3 during the fight. Come on....

How strong is Jiren? One punching female Broly.

That was Goku encouraging her to want to fight him, not him saying she'll realistically achieve SSJ3.
And I still think they're setting up Ikari to be the true SSJ3, so that's a potential factor as well.

Kevinroc

The Buu Saga took place in Age 774. Battle of Gods takes place in Age 778. Resurrection F in Age 779. The tournament between Universe 6 & 7 takes place not long after.

In late 779, Future Trunks returns. About a year after Future Trunks, in late Age 780, Goku asks the Zenos about the Multiversal tournament. The Tournament of Power is announced.

End of Z is Age 784.

Slaythe

That was Goku encouraging her to want to fight him, not him saying she'll realistically achieve SSJ3.
And I still think they're setting up Ikari to be the true SSJ3, so that's a potential factor as well.

To be fair, I see people saying that, but how can you blame some people for taking it literally when she achieved SSJ2 in literally 3 seconds ?

Rutger

Banned
They've done plenty to justify bringing him back considering they need the strongest members of their universe to prevent it from being destroyed. Everything was explained in his recruitment episodes just like any of the other members.

Not really. They had Buu until they clumsily wrote him out of the story to force Frieza back in.
Buu being nearly indestructible along with his shapeshifting/stretching would probably make him much harder to ring out even if he isn't as much of a powerhouse as the current Frieza.

And so far Frieza has done nothing but act as evil as he's always been. He's tacked on right now with nothing new to do and no real place in the story yet.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Not really. They had Buu until they clumsily wrote him out of the story to force Frieza back in.
Buu being nearly indestructible along with his shapeshifting/stretching would probably make him much harder to ring out even if he isn't as much of a powerhouse as the current Frieza.

And so far Frieza has done nothing but act as evil as he's always been. He's tacked on right now with nothing new to do and no real place in the story yet.

Even if Buu got to the tourney, there's always a way to have an establish character job, especially when there's dozens and dozens of new characters. I mean he could have just been bulldozed by kale like a fart in the wind.

Rutger

Banned
Even if Buu got to the tourney, there's always a way to have an establish character job, especially when there's dozens and dozens of new characters. I mean he could have just been bulldozed by kale like a fart in the wind.

I'm not really sure what your point is here. "Frieza should take Buu's place because he might have lost early"?

This doesn't change that Buu fit much more naturally into the story than the last minute scramble to try(and fail) to convince everyone that bringing back Frieza is a good idea. Frieza hasn't done anything to show us that he's more than a marketing ploy.

How do you give characters like Kale/Caulifla/Trunks moments to shine without ass pulls?
There was nothing wrong with giving him a transformation with all he went through, it's just no one there bothered to acknowledge it, not even afterwards, it was completely no sold when it should have been his SSJ2 Gohan moment.

I'm not really sure what your point is here. "Frieza should take Buu's place because he might have lost early"?

This doesn't change that Buu fit much more naturally into the story than the last minute scramble to try(and fail) to convince everyone that bringing back Frieza is a good idea. Frieza hasn't done anything to show us that he's more than a marketing ploy.
Yet. He may actually do something interesting. If he finds out that killing a kai kills a god of destruction, he may try something. Maybe not now, but eventually.

Hey guys, I haven't been following Super that much, but i just started in some of the recent episodes.

How close is Goku from surpassing Beerus and Whis in power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom