• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking dying for the next episode.
UxOB41E.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm thinking about starting DB super.I've watched all the previous series back in day and I loved it, especially the original DB.

I have one question though.How is the relationship between the couples in DB Super?
I'm referring to to Goku-Chichi, Gohan-Videl, Vegita-Bulma and when i ask how is it, I mean
are there moments between those characters that you feel that their relation has grown even more than before?

Im late on this but I wanted to give my perspective.
if you've paid attention to alot of super goku and chichi dop have the weakest relationship moments but they do have their moments of shine, especially in a certain 2 arcs that shows what goku really does feel about her.

Gohan and videl perfectly encapsulates the newly weds, they are head over hills over eachother and it gets even better when they have pan, Gohan's character in super forwards is all about his family and it shows.
Vegeta and bulma are the new MVP couple of the show right now, alot of love the animators and story writers have been giving him, which overall really shows vegeta's character development in the best way possible.

Krillin and 18's relationship gets shown more and it shows krillin is a guy who does alot for his family, even at his detriment and allows 18 to really feel for him , and it shows how 18 values how courageous and strong he actually is, even when he doesnt realize it..

All and all, super thanks to its more laid back SoL episodes allow the couples to actually be couples.

By the way just a reminder to put Jiren (or someone else) power in perspective

Jiren/Mystery is stronger than their God of Destruction, who is in turn stronger than Beerus.

So... this is the arc Goku will overtake Beerus.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Jiren/Mystery is stronger than their God of Destruction, who is in turn stronger than Beerus.

The gravity thing might be a way to nerf Jiren.

Also, maybe Goku doesn't win and just manages to distract him for the length of the tournament while the rest of his team goes about the process of winning.

Gin-Shiio

Hopefully Goku won't be able to beat Jiren on his own. This arc should be about team work more than any other, and I'd like it to be reflected in that match-up.

Maybe he'll learn how to ignore the effects of gravity except when he needs it
idk

You've nailed it! That's going to be the secret to attaining again the kind of power he will awaken in this tournament.

I think because it will be a far more natural fit for his saiyan biological make-up, it will mean under no other circumstance is Goku, arguably the best of all Saiyans, ever going to be stronger than he will be capable of being during this tournament, and at this stage in his evolution as a fighter.

He will, like you suggested, find a way to master a technique by which he is able to create an exact replica of the gravity from his place of birth, and be able to fight under the influence of that gravity anywhere at anytime, at will. I think Goku the moment this was said to him has already realized something about it that is advantageous to him, or maybe he will figure it out over the course of the fights he will engage in.

Clearly someone already knows this incredible technique, just on an entirely different league, and has cast its effects on every fighter from every single universe. I assume the grand priest is responsible. Goku will figure out how to, likely through one of his existing abilities - perhaps kaioken - to artificially regulate his body's relation to gravity. It's also a bit of a call back to how he pushed himself to super saiyan in the first place, that gravity training he did.

foxuzamaki

I dont think Jiren is the one stronger than his GoD, im pretty sure that was to setup a future arc, which is why Whis didnt give any names, its to make you think "maybe it's jiren"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You've nailed it! That's going to be the secret to attaining again the kind of power he will awaken in this tournament.

I think because it will be a far more natural fit for his saiyan biological make-up, it will mean under no other circumstance is Goku, arguably the best of all Saiyans, ever going to be stronger than he will be capable of being during this tournament, and at this stage in his evolution as a fighter.

He will, like you suggested, find a way to master a technique by which he is able to create an exact replica of the gravity from his place of birth, and be able to fight under the influence of that gravity anywhere at anytime, at will. I think Goku the moment this was said to him has already realized something about it that is advantageous to him, or maybe he will figure it out over the course of the fights he will engage in.

Clearly someone already knows this incredible technique, just on an entirely different league, and has cast its effects on every fighter from every single universe. I assume the grand priest is responsible. Goku will figure out how to, likely through one of his existing abilities - perhaps kaioken - to artificially regulate his body's relation to gravity. It's also a bit of a call back to how he pushed himself to super saiyan in the first place, that gravity training he did.

You're way over thinking this. Dude didn't even notice the shift in gravity until it was pointed out to him and it's not something that's ever come up before outside of training or trying to hype someone up. This was just the writers way of saying the playing field will be totally even.

So after reviewing all the media released, it's clear that Trunks "Super Saiyan Ikari/Rage" is not an official form.

The name SSJ Ikari/Rage has been used officially only once: On a Dragon Ball Heroes website around the time the episode in the anime aired. Since then, every single reference has just referred to it as Super Saiyan Trunks, sometimes as Super Saiyan 2 Trunks. This includes every single game, every official website, summary, etc.

Along with the manga having no such scene and the anime never even acknowledging it, we can pretty much come to the conclusion that Trunks did not actually get a new form of Super Saiyan.

No, it was a new form, it's just exclusive to the anime.

Trickster

Black/Zamasu had good reason to have problem with mortal. Black is liked because he has some real motive, his calm even when he was getting his butt kick, and the scythe didn't come in until his last appearance and lasted only a few minutes.

So comparing Broly to Black sand saying they're the same, laughable.

Zamasu/Goku Black in a nutshell - "omg these mortal are so violent, look at them attacking each other! I should murder all of them for being so violent, that'll bring balance to the universe".

Sorry, I really don't see the amazing motive or character depth that you imply is there

I-hate-u

Then he should lose.

The door of possibilities is still locked

Oh well, I'll break through the wall again

Now! Shoot past the limit! Shout "It's piece of cake"!

The invincible me is waitin' there

This arc is about Goku going to breaking his limit fighting the likes of Jiren. He is doing this solo.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The door of possibilities is still locked

Oh well, I'll break through the wall again

Now! Shoot past the limit! Shout "It's piece of cake"!

The invincible me is waitin' there

This arc is about Goku going to breaking his limit fighting the likes of Jiren. He is doing this solo.

They haven't really foreshadowed a new form for Goku at all.

I think this arc might wind up surprising a lot of people.

foxuzamaki

You're way over thinking this. Dude didn't even notice the shift in gravity until it was pointed out to him and it's not something that's ever come up before outside of training or trying to hype someone up. This was just the writers way of saying the playing field will be totally even.

Which is find funny, because goku wasent adjusted to his own homeworld's gravity at 1st until he got to King Kai's planet, so if that whole sequence of events never happened, he would have been screwed

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Which is find funny, because goku wasent adjusted to his own homeworld's gravity at 1st until he got to King Kai's planet, so if that whole sequence of events never happened, he would have been screwed

It's more of an issue of power, so long as he eventually became this strong it wouldn't really be an issue for him. Him and Vegeta use high gravity for strength training multiple times throughout the series, it's not a matter of acclimating so much as it is one of being strong enough that it doesn't matter.

I-hate-u

They haven't really foreshadowed a new form for Goku at all.

I think this arc might wind up surprising a lot of people.

What is this then?

dragon-ball-super-77-goku.jpg

Goku underwent training in ROSAT which has x10 gravity in DB. I guess the writers forgot about that in the Saiyan arc.

Magwik

Banned
No, it wasn't. There's literally a mountain of evidence pointing otherwise.

I mean Xenoverse still calls it all Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, so we disregard their handling of everything in Super.

The manga is a dumpster fire of continuity and isn't the official version of Super, so toss it away.

and doesn't dokkan battle refer it as Super Saiyan Rage?

No, it wasn't. There's literally a mountain of evidence pointing otherwise.
Uh, no there isn't. He gets a giant boost when using the form and we see him transform into it from SSJ2 2 times and even fall out of it into SSJ2 because he used too much energy. It has unique hair and a unique arua. It was a new form. Just because it lacked a name doesn't mean it wasn't a new form, SSJ2 was nameless for a long time.

It's obviously a playing field will be totally even statement, but you're wrong if you don't think there's even a possibility that it's also a setup for something much more. One of the things you say to discount it is that Goku didn't realize the gravity shift until it was pointed out to him. DING DING DING! I think that makes it even more likely Goku will realize something, and find a way to make him work to his advantage.

We all know Goku has always been a bit of a genius idiot. He can seem dumb as a stump and as clueless as a newborn child, but then he has his moments where he demonstrates a level of analytical brilliance and intelligence that exposes the true nature of the character. Take, for example, Goku's mastery of Kaioken and being able to combine such power with Super Saiyan Blue. Take his foresight in knowing the need to use super saiyan throughout your normal day to day during the cell saga in order to take some of the strain or stress away from maintaining the power. Let's again look at his ability to see and understand so clearly the kind of power Gohan had achieved, and that he was the right person to defeat cell. I'm telling you, just watch what happens. Goku is definitely going to pick up on something that nobody else has.

NandoGip

I mean Xenoverse still calls it all Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, so we disregard their handling of everything in Super.

The manga is a dumpster fire of continuity and isn't the official version of Super, so toss it away.

and doesn't dokkan battle refer it as Super Saiyan Rage?

Dokkan Battle calls it Super Saiyan, more than once even.

Uh, no there isn't. He gets a giant boost when using the form and we see him transform into it from SSJ2 2 times and even fall out of it into SSJ2 because he used too much energy. It has unique hair and a unique arua. It was a new form. Just because it lacked a name doesn't mean it wasn't a new form, SSJ2 was nameless for a long time.

Listen, I'm not going to argue this. Feel free to have head canon.

There is literally one mention of the form being its own thing which was later corrected. Besides that, every single piece of media that refers to it just calls it Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2.

Listen, I'm not going to argue this. Feel free to have head canon.

There is literally one mention of the form being its own thing which was later corrected. Besides that, every single piece of media that refers to it just calls it Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2.
It's not head canon when he literally goes back and forth between SSJ2 and Ikari multiple times. It is explicitly a new form and was used as such. Trying to say it's not is grasping at straws.
This is the first I've ever heard anyone say the Heroes cards don't call it Ikari, do you have proof of that.
And again, SSJ2 didn't have a name until Goku went SSJ3, and that was waaaaay after its introduction.

EDIT: and here is an actual Heroes card that uses the Ikari name
sh260s.jpg

Ikari also didn't come to Heroes until AFTER Dokkan

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That steamy base form is in the ending too.

I suppose this is just the ending credits too right? Nothing to infer from this at all.
C'mon son. That would be one hell of curve ball they are throwing at us.

They've been pretty good about foreshadowing new forms in the actual show so far and as of yet they haven't done shit outside the OP/ED.

Just saying. I wouldn't be shocked if he did asspull something, but nothing in the show itself has screamed new form incoming.

HeroR

Zamasu/Goku Black in a nutshell - "omg these mortal are so violent, look at them attacking each other! I should murder all of them for being so violent, that'll bring balance to the universe".

Sorry, I really don't see the amazing motive or character depth that you imply is there

You can boil down any motive into a sentence and mock it for being petty. So, what's your point here?

NandoGip

It's not head canon when he literally goes back and forth between SSJ2 and Ikari multiple times. It is explicitly a new form and was used as such. Trying to say it's not is grasping at straws.
This is the first I've ever heard anyone say the Heroes cards don't call it Ikari, do you have proof of that.
And again, SSJ2 didn't have a name until Goku went SSJ3, and that was waaaaay after its introduction.

EDIT: and here is an actual Heroes card that uses the Ikari name
sh260s.jpg

Ikari also didn't come to Heroes until AFTER Dokkan

Evidence for Super Saiyan Ikari's existence: One DBH card.

Dragon Ball Heroes has no credibility. It has a card for everything, and even for things that don't exist.

They even made a card for an animation error.

Evidence against Super Saiyan Ikari's existence: Literally every single implementation of Future Trunks from Super.
-Dragon Ball Fusions doesn't have it
-Dokkan Battle doesn't have it
-Dragon Ball Xenoverse doesn't have it.
-Not acknowledged in the anime
-Didn't happen in the manga.
-Episode summary called it Super Trunks
-Not a single acknowledgement of it being a new form literally anywhere.

HeroR

Gohan's Ultimate form still doesn't have no official name.

Goku surpassing Beerus would kill his whole character, just fucking kill him off before that happens.

Why? Beerus isn't even the strongest person in the series.

No? They said the GoD had trouble with this mortal. Said GoD is stronger then Beerus. So that means Goku >>> Beerus. More likely it's mortal gave their GoD a good fight and said GOD didnt want to kill him.

L Thammy

That Broly poster gives an idea for a new Dragonball movie. The Dragonball gang fights a hair metal band.

You can boil down any motive into a sentence and mock it for being petty. So, what's your point here?

It's also incomplete. Goku Black also adds self-contempt (that he's in a mortal body) and the Saiyan desire to see the limits of his power into the mix.

HeroR

No? They said the GoD had trouble with this mortal. Said GoD is stronger then Beerus. So that means Goku >>> Beerus. More likely it's mortal gave their GoD a good fight and said GOD didnt want to kill him.

And Beerus clarified that god only beat him in arm wrestle once.

Dragon Ball Heroes has no credibility. It has a card for everything, and even for things that don't exist.

Evidence against Super Saiyan Ikari's existence: Literally every single implementation of Future Trunks from Super.

Hereos also never made up a Super Saiyan form.

And as it was pointed out, Trunks looks noticeable different in Rage and it was never called Super Saiyan 2 since we seen him switch between the forms. And what the manga does or doesn't do doesn't matter since the manga have stuff like mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

NandoGip

And Beerus clarified that god only beat him in arm wrestle once.

Hereos also never made up a Super Saiyan form.

And as it was pointed out, Trunks looks noticeable different in Rage and it was never called Super Saiyan 2 since we seen him switch between the forms. And what the manga does or doesn't do doesn't matter since the manga have stuff like mastered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

I literally gave an example of a super saiyan form heroes invented. Literally, the post you quoted.

HeroR

I literally gave an example of a super saiyan form heroes invented. Literally, the post you quoted.

But that isn't a Super Saiyan form. Plus, since Toei and Bandi talk to each other and Heroes get first dibs on several things, Toei would have told them that it was a new form.

NandoGip

But that isn't a Super Saiyan form. Plus, since Toei and Bandi talk to each other and Heroes get first dibs on several things, Toei would have told them that it was a new form.

youre being both pedantic and inventing things so I'm going to just end this back and forth

No, every card for the form.

So? Staw man argument.

Fusions didn't have grotesque Zamasu either, both were anime exclusive and those things take longer to make it into the games, Fusions stopped updating before it could get either.

Dokkan got the form before Heroes premiered the name for it, I JUST told you that.

The form isn't selectable in Xenoverse, but appears in a cutscene. There is nowhere for the name to show up.

It was acknowledged by Shin and everyone was visibly shocked when the transformation happened.

Niether did Kaioken Blue or Grotesque Zamasu, guess those don't exist either?

Because it didn't have a name yet, just like SSJ2 didn't have a name for the longest time.

Except Heroes which you seem to think doesn't count.
There has been nowhere else for the name to show up since it's debut in Heroes.
And you are ignoring the most important part, what happened in the actual show! He has a big dramatic transformation sequence, goes from 2 into Ikari, gets a new hair style and aura, gets much stronger, later powers up into Ikari from SSJ2 again, and later falls out of the form into SSJ2 because he used too much energy. Add on top of that that there is a seperate character design sheet for the form as well.
Your argument is based entirely around the form not having a name in stuff that it showed up in before it got a name in Heroes and that argument holds no water since it took SSJ2 even longer to get a name. It was a form created by Toei for the anime, it is a form separate from SSJ2 and everything shown in the anime 100% confirms that.

M.D

Kale and Jiren are the last 2 fighters, superior to anyone else by far.

Jiren looks anxious as he learns he has to fight Kale. He ends up withdrawing and we learn this is due to Jiren actually being an Orthodox Jew.

End of episode.

I'm working on developing the lore necessary for this twist so stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom