• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandoGip

Future Trunks in his Super outfit: Marketed and included all across Dragon Ball media

Goku Black: Marketed and included all across Dragon Ball media

Zamasu: Marketed and included all across Dragon Ball media

Super Saiyan Rose: Marketed and included all across Dragon Ball media

Merged Zamasu: Marketed and included all across Dragon Ball media

Battle Damaged Merged Zamasu: Marketed and included all across Dragon Ball media

Super Saiyan Blue Vegeto: Marketed and included all across Dragon Ball media

Super Saiyan Ikari: Mentioned once in Dragon Ball heroes

Does this not stand out to any of you?

Reading this is insane to me

The word Ikari doesn't appear anywhere you mentioned

Everything I provided was objective

Do you need a written letter from Akira Toriyama?
The word Ikari only shows up in Heroes, so far, but the form shows up everywhere I mentioned.
You aren't being objective, you're flat out wrong and are trying to twist things to fit your narrative.
It doesn't matter what Toriyama says, the form was clearly made by Toei and they wrote it as a form.

Your entire argument is based on nothing and COMPLETELY ignores what actually happened in the show.
It's a new form, end of discussion, the idea that it's not is absurd.

HardRojo

Dragon Ball Super coming to Latam on August 5th! Yaaaasss! Apparently they'll air the first 4 episodes that Saturday and proceed with 5 new episodes per week from Monday to Friday. Get ready for the rebroadcasts lol.

JS3DX

Dragon Ball Heroes has no credibility. It has a card for everything, and even for things that don't exist. They even made a card for an animation error:

J1pKPXj.png

Uh, cool card!

Future Trunks in his Super outfit: Marketed and included all across Dragon Ball media

Goku Black: Marketed and included all across Dragon Ball media

Zamasu: Marketed and included all across Dragon Ball media

Super Saiyan Rose: Marketed and included all across Dragon Ball media

Merged Zamasu: Marketed and included all across Dragon Ball media

Battle Damaged Merged Zamasu: Marketed and included all across Dragon Ball media

Super Saiyan Blue Vegeto: Marketed and included all across Dragon Ball media

Super Saiyan Ikari: Mentioned once in Dragon Ball heroes

Does this not stand out to any of you?
The Ikari form shows up in all Dragon Ball media, the fact that it's only been named once so far DOESN'T MATTER, the form is present all over.
"Battle Damaged Merged Zamasu" is something games can't agree on a name for, does that mean it's not real? Also the Ikari form has shown up more than that form has.

Fj0823

Dragon Ball Super coming to Latam on August 5th! Yaaaasss! Apparently they'll air the first 4 episodes that Saturday and proceed with 5 new episodes per week from Monday to Friday. Get ready for the rebroadcasts lol.

Like the good old times

Except this time the first 27 episodes are shit and re-running it could kill Super in LatAm

Big One

Banned
My theory about Ikari is that it's the "natural" evolution of SSJ2, compared to whatever the fuck Goku did in the afterlife to get SSJ3. So it might be the true, more powerful version of SSJ3, basically.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Feel free to link that video.

Here: https://youtu.be/snYwcdsjnDw?t=1406
To give you some context: the man who's speaking is Grégoire Hellot, a.k.a. GoldenGreg, a prominent figure of Japanese games journalism in France and a manga publisher (he's the founder and director of the Kurokawa publishing company, which publishes Pokémon, Hajime no Ippo, One Punch Man and Full Metal Alchemist among others in France). He would literally write whole features on Dragon Ball back in the 90s as a teenager and before the internet, going through old Toriyama artbooks and Japanese magazines to glean any pieces of info he could. He's been writing for Enterbrain since the 90s, personally knows a number of prominent Japanese developers (I believe he's friends with Ono for instance), he's an interpreter for Japanese developers, and is generally a bottomless well of knowledge for all things Japan and Japanese pop culture, including the manga and video games industries. I don't like or care about the French gaming press, but everybody shuts up and listens when he talks. Plus he lacks any sort of cynicism. He's a goddamn national treasure lol. I don't think I've ever found his equivalent in the English/American press.

So yeah, needless to say, when he says something about Toriyama (or manga in general), I tend to listen. And he says that Toriyama kept writing Dragon Ball because he felt a sense of responsibility. And that he stopped abruptly because he just couldn't do it anymore after a while. I can translate what he says in that part of the video later if you want.

And also, you have virtually no idea what his involvement in Super is. The writers and producers mentioned he is quite involved and they have often commented on the back and forth nature of the creation of DBSuper.

Yes, my apologies. I actually misremembered something I heard in that very video I linked. That video dates back to the Battle of Gods movie. The guy was just commenting on that. There's nothing about Dragon Ball Super because it didn't even exist at the time. Again, I'm sorry.

Slaythe

Like the good old times

Except this time the first 27 episodes are shit and re-running it could kill Super in LatAm

To be fair, it's pretty shit, but when you have 5 episodes a week I'm sure it's bearable.

One episode per week with this quality =>suicide watch. (hello 'murica)

Ingeniero

This may be a dumb question but...is it safe to consider Goku and Vegeta friends at this point or could you see him turning evil again?
Yes they are friends, but...

Vegeta is the real hero here, cares for his family, friends and universe.
Goku is a retard that only cares about fighting strong people and is already considered a supervillain by the other universes.

If anything Goku is the one that's turning evil and should be stopped.

My theory about Ikari is that it's the "natural" evolution of SSJ2, compared to whatever the fuck Goku did in the afterlife to get SSJ3. So it might be the true, more powerful version of SSJ3, basically.

ths has always been my head canon. Goku's "SSJ3" is actually akin to what USSJ was to SSJ1, the flawed midway point.

it's why I want Caulifla to do it, make it real, they've already established the ease of her gaining super saiyan forms.

Lol prime chi-chi would murder videl, blindfolded, with one arm.

Kale and Jiren are the last 2 fighters, superior to anyone else by far.

Jiren looks anxious as he learns he has to fight Kale. He ends up withdrawing and we learn this is due to Jiren actually being an Orthodox Jew.

End of episode.

I'm working on developing the lore necessary for this twist so stay tuned.

Wild, cauli prolly bodies kale free.

Weiss

Banned
Well I finally watched an episode.

I like how Freeza is the wacky relative no one likes rather than an unrepentant galactic tyrant.

I like this train of thought.

Ikari is the pure form attained through strong emotions, whereas Goku just looked for new ways to use his powers and found a very imperfect form.

Just kidding ;)

I'm not. That's the kind of vibe I get from her, which is why I think they'll play up her competency even more as the tournament starts. Her going SSJ & SSJ2 that easily I think is just a sign of things to come. And I know all of this could be used to say that they'll subvert expectations and just have her get wrecked easily, but I don't think that's what will happen. (Even with her cockiness in the last episode) I think she'll definitely kick a lot of butt before getting "jobbed" or whatever. And I wouldn't be at all surprised to see her get a new form in the tournament.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's more of an issue of power, so long as he eventually became this strong it wouldn't really be an issue for him. Him and Vegeta use high gravity for strength training multiple times throughout the series, it's not a matter of acclimating so much as it is one of being strong enough that it doesn't matter.
True
What is this then?

dragon-ball-super-77-goku.jpg

Goku underwent training in ROSAT which has x10 gravity in DB. I guess the writers forgot about that in the Saiyan arc.
He said he went in there to train and couldnt take it so he bailed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom