• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

If Goku were to ever surpass Beerus, they may as well just kill him off the show.

Or they could actually make Beerus an active character at that point, fighting against new villains and getting power ups alongside the others, rather than just standing on the sidelines.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The best thing about the SoL episodes is that they are willing to put goku in a suit and slick his hair back, and thats really all we wanted all along, he barely still fits his suit too, vegeta knows to get his fitted.

She should go in with Gohan. It'd be a cute episode or two.

Sending gohan and videl alone into a void that can simulate all kinds of different situations...

They gonna walk out with another baby

HardRojo

giphy.gif

Lol yeah he reminded me a lot of Nick. I can totally see the Chrollo resemblance too though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sending gohan and videl alone into a void that can simulate all kinds of different situations...

They gonna walk out with another baby

Piccolo can toss them a pack of condoms just before they go in.

Honestly I think it'd be a fun episode and would act as a good way to work Videl into a future plot. She could hit Krillin level and that'd be enough.

LNBL

damn, that moment when Vegeta looked at Bulma as they were being teleported was awesome. This man knows what is at stake here.

L Thammy

Ordered list of canonical Dragonball characters (in terms of nudity)

Honorable mention. Son Goku
14. Galactic King (has a crown)
13. Turtle
12. Majin Buu (assuming his pants are part of his body)
11. Cell / Cell Jr.
10. Puar
9. Shenron / Porunga / Super Shenron
8. Cymbal
7. Giran
6. Saibaman
5. Freeza / Frost
4. See-Through the Invisible Man
3. Yakon
2. Jaco Tirimentenpibosshi
1. Auta Magetta

Sony

Nintendo
Yes they are friends, but...

Vegeta is the real hero here, cares for his family, friends and universe.
Goku is a retard that only cares about fighting strong people and is already considered a supervillain by the other universes.

If anything Goku is the one that's turning evil and should be stopped.

Honestly, it was such a huge disappointment to find out that Goku is a dumbass child in the Japanese dub. In the English dub he at least had a sense of responsibility. It's really sad to watch Goten light up every time he sees his father and then his father neglects him... And Chichi... Vegeta is a much bigger man.

Eylos

Banned
Remember that time vegeta beated Trunks so Cell could absorb 18, so he could fight a Stronger oponent, only to have his ass kicked afterwards?

Goku Farm remembers

Ordered list of canonical Dragonball characters (in terms of nudity)

14. Galactic King (has a crown)
13. Turtle
12. Majin Buu (assuming his pants are part of his body)
11. Cell / Cell Jr.
10. Puar
9. Shenron / Porunga / Super Shenron
8. Cymbal
7. Giran
6. Saibaman
5. Freeza / Frost
4. See-Through the Invisible Man
3. Yakon
2. Jaco Tirimentenpibosshi
1. Auta Magetta

I dont understand how this list works

sonto340

Yeah Goku gives a senzu Bean to cell, for a Fair fight, i Was only pointing that vegeta is not an excelent father as Well, only in dbs he looks more mature.
To be fair later in that same saga Vegeta gets super upset and lashes out when cell kills trunks.
He's come around a lot since Buu saga. His character has actually had an arc.

ybsIawb.png

JQB7k.gif

He also had this to say.
"The relationship between Cabe and Vegeta was quite troubled, and we repeatedly revised it. But, I like it very much. There is also an episode that further deepens the relationship after this, please look forward to it. "
Glad they are going to build on that.

Finally, the writers understand Hit and Cabba is where it's at.

Exactly, neither has any depth whatsoever as a character. Dragon Ball fans generally seem to not care about that.

Broly is a big unstoppable force of nature so he's popular
Goku Black is pink haired evil goku with a "cool" ki scythe, so he's also popular.

Depth is irrelevant for Dragon Ball characters as long as they punch stuff and make things go boom in flashy fashion

HAHAHAAHAHAHA.

You can't be serious.

HeroR

Yes they are friends, but...

Vegeta is the real hero here, cares for his family, friends and universe.
Goku is a retard that only cares about fighting strong people and is already considered a supervillain by the other universes.

If anything Goku is the one that's turning evil and should be stopped.

This is ignoring that Vegeta won't put his pride aside to work as a team despite his daughter being born. Vegeta hasn't shown any care for the universe, while Goku is willing to get Frieza since it gives U7 the best chance to survive.

Well, you have to really think about it. Things like shells, fur, and scales are kind of like clothes. So you're not as naked if you have those.

Isn't Cabba and Kyabe the same guy? Icyflamez, look at the bottom of that post.

But they're part of the body?? Like you can't remove them so how are they not naked lol

Also why would Jaco be number two????

I don't get it lol

Big One

Banned
I'm going to get a lot of flack for this but I think I've settled on this opinion:

The Recruitment arc is one of, it not THE best TOEI original story ever in Dragon Ball history.

Maybe not as good as the Bardock special (History of Trunks is great too, but doesn't count cause it's an adaptation of Toriyama's story), but I seriously feel it's up there.

For one, this is arguably the most character development ANY character has gotten in Dragon Ball in both canon and non-canon material ever. So much emphasis was placed on characters overcoming problems, and resolving them logically in some fantastic character interactions. There's some dopey episode here-and-there, like when Android 17 and Goku teamed up to beat space poachers, but even that two-parter had some genuine great moments in it through-and-through.

People complain about power scaling, but to be honest the series at it's height of popularity ALWAYS had BS power ups out of nowhere with a lot of the side characters. Just the side characters stopped getting a lot of the focus in the Boo arc, which was one of the arc's biggest flaws imo. Though keep in a mind a lot of things is probably just TOEI weirdness above all else, but regardless I think keeping characters "in line" with the others is a tradition that should've been kept despite being abandoned by Toriyama himself until this recent arc.

Also the insight into the other universes was some great stuff as well. The interactions between Cabba, Kale, and Caulifla. Hit and Frost having their own encounter. The Pride Troopers doing their thing. A Sailor Moon parody. All of it was genuinely fun in their own right and had their own character moments as well.

It also helps that this arc also excelled greatly at worldbuilding. The fact we even got insight into freaking poaching in the Dragon Ball world is astonishing in of itself relative to the lack of insight we got with even the original manga. That's one thing that Super has undeniably done over the original manga in how expansive the world of Dragon Ball is setup to be. The Recruitment arc does this in spades, and then some. It's not quite as crazy as the worldbuilding in One Piece in comparison, but you have to start somewhere I guess.

I'm not 100% how much of the arc was TOEi and how much was Toriyama, but regardless it was a fantastic arc through-and-through with some genuinely great character arcs with some really nicely animated fights and sequences spliced in there as well.

L Thammy

Even the vest thing??

I feel like Freeza is completely naked, are you counting those gem growth things??

Hmm, not sure. And he's got those ear things. I'll revise the list.
I feel like Freeza and Frost are naked too, but they're pretty armour-like despite that.

14. Jaco Tirimentenpibosshi (may be wearing a vest)
13. Galactic King (has a crown)
12. Turtle
11. Majin Buu (assuming his pants are part of his body)
10. Cell / Cell Jr.
9. Puar
8. Shenron / Porunga / Super Shenron
7. Cymbal
6. Giran
5. Saibaman
4. Freeza / Frost
3. See-Through the Invisible Man
2. Yakon
1. Auta Magetta

Odoul

The moment is coming!

All those Saiyans in one place.
Frieza is gonna say something a little slicker than he usually does.
Vegeta being the hothead and prick that he is will be "Fuck what Beerus thinks."

And they're gonna scrap in the middle of the tournament to the confusion of the other universes.

Beerus is going to have a heart attack, and it's going to be glorious!

RocknRola

The moment is coming!

Vegeta being the hothead and prick that he is will be "Fuck what Beerus thinks."

And they're gonna scrap in the middle of the tournament to the confusion of the other universes.

Huh. This is actually something I didn't even think of.

Freeza absolutely hates Saiyans. He has now discovered (or will discover in the next episode) that Universe 6 has them in their team + a full planet of them as well.

I can easily see his bloodlust going cray-cray at the thought of being able to destroy yet another batch of "monkeys".

That's probably the only big flaw of Freeza returning, they didn't have him (as of yet) interact with anyone not named Goku, Vegeta or Beerus which is a damn shame.

The moment is coming!

Frieza is gonna start beating the shit out of Cabba which prompts Vegeta to help him

I know people aren't really hot on Cabba's character, but Vegeta taking on a protege of sorts could be really nice character development for him. (At least, I think that's where they're going with Cabba.)

Besides, he's not like Goku. He doesn't have a son.

His vest is removable, also wears receivers on his ears.

Damn Jacoo is full of surprises

Hmm, not sure. And he's got those ear things. I'll revise the list.
I feel like Freeza and Frost are naked too, but they're pretty armour-like despite that.

14. Jaco Tirimentenpibosshi (may be wearing a vest)
13. Galactic King (has a crown)
12. Turtle
11. Majin Buu (assuming his pants are part of his body)
10. Cell / Cell Jr.
9. Puar
8. Shenron / Porunga / Super Shenron
7. Cymbal
6. Giran
5. Saibaman
4. Freeza / Frost
3. See-Through the Invisible Man
2. Yakon
1. Auta Magetta

I dunno man I can't get behind this list lol

Yakon has an insect like carapace, and magetta presumably has stuff underneath the metal too

I feel like naked should just be naked yknow

Yeah Goku gives a senzu Bean to cell, for a Fair fight, i Was only pointing that vegeta is not an excelent father as Well, only in dbs he looks more mature.

To be frank, people over-exaggerate how much Vegeta is a "better" father. He spends just as much time as Goku either off-world or training by himself in isolation. The big family trip that people love to laud, Vegeta spent the entirety of it refusing to actually interact with his wife and son and wandering off on his own. Even this most recent birth of Bulla thing, Goku was there for Gohan's birth and missed Goten's because he was dead. :p

People say Goku doesn't care about his family, and yet his reaction to learning that Goku Black killed the Chichi and Goten of his future shows the exact opposite.

I'm going to get a lot of flack for this but I think I've settled on this opinion:

The Recruitment arc is one of, it not THE best TOEI original story ever in Dragon Ball history.

You won't get any flack from me. I think it's the best DB stuff has been since the Cell saga. And I think in terms of character interaction, it's arguably the best the DB series has seen. Frieza's interactions with Goku and Vegeta have been marvelously tense. Piccolo helping Gohan. Goku recruiting Krillin. Goku meeting 17. 18 and Krillin introducing Marrin to 17. Roshi on Korin's tower reflecting on his youth. The excitement around Bulma having a baby. The other universes getting ready for the tournament. Yamcha's humorous sidestory. This stuff is up there with the very best moments in DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom