• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Skipping my daughters baptism to watch the 1hr episode live

stop being goku, be more like vegeta.

image.php

checks out

longdi

Banned
Sounds like the 1hr special is about goku vs jiren. Goku get rekt by the end, hit comes in to save his ass, hit gets ko. Vegeta gets rage fury boost to ko toppo but get his typical 'L' ko by the jiren. Jiren n goku exhausted af

Cut to gohan/picolo or 17/18 vs cabba/kale/califla. Gohan being the sole survivor.

Jiren n goku continue fighting sometimes later.

LogicStep

I'm just wondering what this new form is about. In dbz they took a while between introducing new forms. We've gotten 2 already and looks like a third is on the way.

Fou-Lu

I'm just wondering what this new form is about. In dbz they took a while between introducing new forms. We've gotten 2 already and looks like a third is on the way.

They only took a while in the beginning, then we got Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Ultimate and two types of Fusion all in 100ish episodes.

HeroR

Goku ex machina.

That's funny coming from a Gohan fan.

They only took a while in the beginning, then we got Super Saiyan 2, Super Saiyan 3, Ultimate and two types of Fusion all in 100ish episodes.

You forgot, Super Vegeta (the buff Super Saiyan form, Ultra Super Saiyan Trunks, and Full-Power Super Saiyan Goku, all within the same story arc that was only 65 episodes in Z.

Sephzilla

But honestly, even though Super introduced a couple of new forms they haven't really gone super crazy with all of the forms as a whole. We mostly just see SSJ1, Mystic, and Blue since SSJ2 and SSJ3 were kind of rendered pointless. And they've mostly used Kaioken Blue pretty smartly.

Would be interesting if despite Goku's transformation, it is Vegeta, having properly learned the lessons that Whis attempted to teach both he and Goku, who ends up being the hope of Universe 7. Although, I totally prefer for it to be Gohan. We will see, I guess.

It will be interesting to see as to whether they really plan on doing anything with Gohan's much hyped potential and power, or if they will more or less let him stagnate in the power department without too much more major development from this point forward. That's what I'm most curious about. What plans do they have for Gohan in the grand scheme of things?

Cimarron

Why does everyone want Vegeta to take down Hit? I like the fact that Hit is a proper rival to Goku not Geets!

Also I am a bit disappointed and puzzled by Vegeta using insults to take down Maggeta. It seems like a cheap way to win for a warrior. I thought that nothing less than a full beat down would satisfy him.

RocknRola

Wonder if GoD's can suffer heart attacks... because, thinking about it, that's exactly what Beerus is gonna suffer when he sees Freeza backstabing his team lol

Sephzilla

Actually I think Frost is going to get eliminated by Frieza. The preview from the last episode
gave me the suspicion that Frost is going to try to betray Frieza after they beat up Gohan and Frieza will probably just "bitch please" him away.

Would be interesting if despite Goku's transformation, it is Vegeta, having properly learned the lessons that Whis attempted to teach both he and Goku, who ends up being the hope of Universe 7. Although, I totally prefer for it to be Gohan. We will see, I guess.

It will be interesting to see as to whether they really plan on doing anything with Gohan's much hyped potential and power, or if they will more or less let him stagnate in the power department without too much more major development from this point forward. That's what I'm most curious about. What plans do they have for Gohan in the grand scheme of things?
This is what I would like to see. Goku gets another transformation, but Vegeta is on the right path on becoming a GoD.

If Frieza gets eliminated than he's no doubt going to try and stir some shit up with Zeno. He's gonna do something epic to stir up the plot or otherwise they would have never had him replace Buu. I can see him attempt to kill the Zenos. Its been stated that Zeno doesn't fight, which leads me to believe he's a glass cannon with a weak jaw. He couldn't even track Hit or Dyspos speed.

caliph95

If Frieza gets eliminated than he's no doubt going to try and stir some shit up with Zeno. He's gonna do something epic to stir up the plot or otherwise they would have never had him replace Buu. I can see him attempt to kill the Zenos. Its been stated that Zeno doesn't fight, which leads me to believe he's a glass cannon. He couldn't even track Hit or Dyspos speed.
There's still priest and the bodyguards

Sephzilla

If Frieza gets eliminated than he's no doubt going to try and stir some shit up with Zeno. He's gonna do something epic to stir up the plot or otherwise they would have never had him replace Buu. I can see him attempt to kill the Zenos. Its been stated that Zeno doesn't fight, which leads me to believe he's a glass cannon with a weak jaw. He couldn't even track Hit or Dyspos speed.

Hmmm... Frieza gets eliminated, goes to the bench, and then sneaks off to take a shot at the Zenos? That would be an interesting twist because, to most, he'd have pretty much saved what's left of the multiverse.

I forgot that neither of the Zenos could track Hit or Dyspos though, and they generally seem oblivious to most new tactics that the fighters keep showing off. So yeah, they definitely seem like glass cannons.

Sephzilla

If Frieza or someone else was going to plot something to take out the Zenos it would have to be extremely quiet and also very quick. Because if the Zenos catch wind of anything they'd probably CTRL+ALT+DELETE everyone involved immediately

Hmmm... Frieza gets eliminated, goes to the bench, and then sneaks off to take a shot at the Zenos? That would be an interesting twist because, to most, he'd have pretty much saved what's left of the multiverse.

Freeza is a true hero, unlike Goku.

I wonder if they'll do anything else with Freeza busting out of a hakai? Like is he "betraying" universe 7 to bait a hakai out of Beerus just to redirect it at Zeno or something?

HeroR

He survived his own multversal attack. He isn't an glass cannon.

Gohan isn't some deus ex machine bot, though

Rage boost that took out Raditz came out of nowhere.

Gohan growing his tail back before Vegeta could kill him. While Goku did the same at the 21st tourument, what perfect timing on Giohan'a part, especially Vegeta made a false moon.

Rage boost Gohan pushed back Frieza several times. This is when Gohan did nothing to Frieza before he rage.

Gohan becomes the strongest unfused character by sitting on his ass, undermining several characters who worked for their power. That includes Goten and Trunks who had to learn and practiced the Fusion Dance.

So a Gohan fan calling Goku a deus ex machine bot is ironic and hypocritical.

PK Gaming

Rage boost that took out Raditz came out of nowhere.

Gohan growing his tail back before Vegeta could kill him. While Goku did the same at the 21st tourument, what perfect timing on Giohan'a part, especially Vegeta made a false moon.

Rage boost Gohan pushed back Frieza several times.

Gohan becomes the strongest unfused character by sitting on his ass, undermine several characters who worked for their power. That includes Goten and Trunks who had to learn and practiced the Fusion Dance.

So a Gohan fan calling Goku a deus ex machine bot is ironic and hypocritical.

There's build up to all of those moments though. It's not a Deus Ex Machina if there's a sufficient amount of groundwork laid out Gohan's "hidden potential" to kick in. I guess the tail growing back during Vegeta's fight counts?

And hey, I don't think Goku's one either! Most of the time anyway.

EDIT: To put it another way, nothing Gohan does is on the level of "Vegeta & Bulma's child from the future comes back to the past to thwart Frieza's return."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom