• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball x Fortnite Collab coming (Biggest Collab ever)

Banjo64

cumsessed
Not played Fortnite since the start of Chapter 2, however if this season doesn’t end with Goku using a Spirit Bomb on the map as the in-game event to rework the map for next season then they’ve lost their touch.

dragon energy GIF

bitbydeath

Not played Fortnite since the start of Chapter 2, however if this season doesn’t end with Goku using a Spirit Bomb on the map as the in-game event to rework the map for next season then they’ve lost their touch.

dragon energy GIF
If it really lasts seven whole weeks then this collab probably will close out the season which ends in September.

Edit: Which means the collab should start either next week or the week after.

Last edited:

Ellery

Most people (especially older ones and my generation) often look down on Fortnite, but I bet those kids have fun blasting that game like I had fun with Counter Strike 1.6 and Warcraft 3.

And one thing is for sure. I loved watching Dragonball as a wee lad.

BlackTron

Goku with guns. Absolutely disgusting

Yeah this is weird. Sometimes a cross-promotion matters more than how much sense it really makes.

I've only played Fortnite for about five minutes but these are just skins right? You still need to get all your gear and weapons from the map. It's not like a new Smash character that will have a unique moveset. Resulting in characters like Goku or Beerus fighting with handguns. Uh...yeah.

bitbydeath

Yeah this is weird. Sometimes a cross-promotion matters more than how much sense it really makes.

I've only played Fortnite for about five minutes but these are just skins right? You still need to get all your gear and weapons from the map. It's not like a new Smash character that will have a unique moveset. Resulting in characters like Goku or Beerus fighting with handguns. Uh...yeah.
Skins, Emotes, Harvesting Tools, Gliders and Loading Screens/Wallpapers typically. Things like the Kamehameha will be made available to everyone, like how they treat lightsabers and Spider-Man’s web slinger.

bitbydeath

There should also hopefully be some locations implemented too, Tilted Towers is still being rebuilt after it was last destroyed and will hopefully be turned into West City. Hopefully they also add Roshi’s island somewhere too.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
And these new age anime kids tried to tell me Naruto or one piece was bigger than dragon ball :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DB is iconic, kids. Everyone knows what a super saiyan is. No one knows what red roc is

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

No Buu or Perfect Cell? Not even an Android?
They'll probably come later, at least I'd hope so. Just gotta see how well they sell.

I'm excited about this and really curious about how it will pan out. Not much of an anime person myself, but I grew up loving Dragon Ball and Z, so it's got a place in my heart. Hearing that it's "so big" really makes me wonder what they're gonna be doing.

Thank goodness for Zero Build, or I wouldn't be interested otherwise, lol.

BlackTron

No :(... Not my dragon ball... Not like this :(

Also...nooo....my son will bug me to buy it. He call him kameha

You summed up this whole thing in one post. How to get adults to charge what they know is utter nonsense on their credit cards? Go through their kids.

I've actually tried to lighten up and play Fortnite a few times, it just rubs me the wrong way though I can't like it. Good on them for devising a money printing machine though.

Mossybrew

Still playing Fortnite, but don't give a shit about Goku or his Dragon Balls, so this sounds pretty lame to me. However we did recently get the Indiana Jones skin which is my jam, so I can't complain.

kiphalfton

Sickening. Does it benefit the collaborator, sure... but I think it's more heavily skewed towards bolstering up Fortnite. Without this cross promotional stuff I think Fortnite would have lost a lot of relevancy a long time ago. Why else would they keep relying on collaborative stuff so heavily.

Reactions: Isa

Kagey K

Banned
And these new age anime kids tried to tell me Naruto or one piece was bigger than dragon ball :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DB is iconic, kids. Everyone knows what a super saiyan is. No one knows what red roc is
To be fair they've already done 2 sets of Naruto, they just haven't gone full crossover like this with it.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Most people (especially older ones and my generation) often look down on Fortnite, but I bet those kids have fun blasting that game like I had fun with Counter Strike 1.6 and Warcraft 3.

And one thing is for sure. I loved watching Dragonball as a wee lad.
U rly gonna compare Fortnite to cs 1.6 and OG blizzard RTS? :messenger_neutral:

Ellery

U rly gonna compare Fortnite to cs 1.6 and OG blizzard RTS? :messenger_neutral:

I am well aware that Fortnite is a lot bigger than those other games combined, but I never compared them. I never played Fortnite so I can't compare them.

All I said was that those kids have a blast now as I had a blast when I was their age with a different game and I have no reason to shit on Fortnite or those kids.

Moochi

I hated fortnite when it first came out, but with the no build modes they added, it's my go to battle royale now. I love that I can play with my kids and still get an awesome, tactical shooting experience that is deeper than just room breaching or you be healer, you be tank, you be dps...

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
After over 3000 hours of playtime and who knows how much money spent on skins and stuff...I finally "retired" from playing Fortnite this past season.

Still, I love seeing all the collaborations, and this one sounds pretty great. Have fun out there, everyone! ❤️

Dark Dragonball GIF

Pejo

Is DBZ big with Gen Z? Genuine question, I don't keep tabs on what they're into. I assumed it was a lot of Millennials holding up the franchise by this point. Full disclosure, I also did not watch Super.

Or maybe more adults play Fortnite than I expected?

Lady Jane

Banned
Is DBZ big with Gen Z? Genuine question, I don't keep tabs on what they're into. I assumed it was a lot of Millennials holding up the franchise by this point. Full disclosure, I also did not watch Super.

I think DB is past its prime where it was even reaching non-anime fans but I expect nowadays it's still big within anime fans of all ages.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Aren’t kids more into COD?
Fortnite no doubt catches all ages though, since it is one of if not THE biggest franchise out there.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I am well aware that Fortnite is a lot bigger than those other games combined, but I never compared them. I never played Fortnite so I can't compare them.

All I said was that those kids have a blast now as I had a blast when I was their age with a different game and I have no reason to shit on Fortnite or those kids.
Fuck them kids 🖕:messenger_sunglasses:

this is why im annoyed we only got one GI Joe skin. there should be like 30

Kagey K

Banned
If I collect all 7 I'm going to wish for the most comfortable underwear in the universe.

What could go wrong?

Last edited:

Isa

Not a huge DB fan here but I really hope these skins look better than the other anime skins. Their take on cell-shading looks dreadful with no actual shading or detail on ultra bright colors. You can see them from a mile away and they always have a creepy look. I'm sorry but its just one thing in Fortnite that really bugs me. Good cell-shading has been around for what, 20 years roughly and Epic couldn't figure it out or ask around? Every time I see a Naruto skin I'm appalled, I can't believe that someone approved that. And that someone actually parted with their money for a slap in the face. Unsurprisingly its a rare sight for me though.

bitbydeath

Seems like a lot of work for just four skins, I hope they drop more throughout the seven weeks, I’d love to troll some people with Mr Satan wins.

Mikey Jr.

Damn.

Last time I played Fortnite was like 5 years ago haha.

I legit might download this just to check out dbz.

Mikey Jr.

There’s a no build version now so you don’t have to deal with the defensive towers going up at the end of the match anymore.

Ohh wow really?

Not that I hated building or anything, but the shit I see online from those pros now.....

My God, I would have gotten schooled in like 3 seconds lol.

So how is this no build version? Is it popular or not really?

bitbydeath

Ohh wow really?

Not that I hated building or anything, but the shit I see online from those pros now.....

My God, I would have gotten schooled in like 3 seconds lol.

So how is this no build version? Is it popular or not really?
I think it’s more popular, hard to tell but there’s never any issues finding a match.

Top Bottom