• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 DLC and Free Update (Cabbe, Frost, Mentors and More)

Fj0823

Didn't see a thread so...here

Oh, and there's some mild super spoilers in the announcement so stop reading here if you don't want to ruin some surprises.

You've been warned!!

https://www.dragonball-videogames.com/en/first-dlc-content-and-free-update/

Dear Time Patrollers,

Today, we are excited to share some news about the first DLC pack for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2! We know you were eager to learn more!

The update for the game will be available on December 20th and will consist of a free update for all players and the content of the first DLC pack (available through the Season Pass or purchased individually). Exclusive content will also be available through the VIP corner with this update for free.

Let’s begin with the free updates:

New skill for SSGSS Goku: Awakened Skill Kaioken times 10!
New skill for Hit: Awakened Skill Pure Progress
6 new costumes
4 new attacks
A new event for everyone: Frieza’s Siege! Be ready to defend Conton City against Frieza’s Army, there are 10 new Jersey costumes to win!
A new Raid Quest featuring Evil Yamcha, with an exclusive title to win!
frieza_event_1frieza_event_2frieza_jersey_costumes

Exclusive content will also be available through the Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe VIP Corner for free (more details coming soon):

5 new teachers: Future Gohan, Bardock, Cooler, Android 16, Whis
20 new attacks taught by the new teachers
The first DLC pack will be available at the same time and here is the first glimpse of it content:

2 new playable characters: Cabbe (with his Super Saiyan transformation) and Frost (Final Form)
One new master: Hit
5 new attacks
3 new Parallel Quests
2 new costumes
5 Super Souls
2 emotes

cabba_1.jpg

cabba_2.jpg

Cabbe is a Saiyan from Universe 6, a universe were Saiyans are gentle and became Heroes for Hire, saving multiple planets from evildoers.

Vegeta sees potential in Cabbe and decides to use their fight as a mean to bring the young saiyan to his full power.

frost_1.jpg

Frost-2.png

Like Frieza,Frost is the Galactic Emperor of Universe 6, he's seen as a benevolent ruler who puts his life on the line for his people. Frost however has his own interests in the whole "Hero" business

Kick me of old.
tumblr_o57675tmVQ1sg9gi2o6_540.gif

Seen this earlier models looks great can't wait honestly. This plus the recent modding developments mean Ill be playing Xenoverse for a very long time.

Xenoverse 2 was the biggest surprise of the year for me. I only heard about it maybe a week before it came out and I took a risk on it. It paid off, some of the most fun I've had with a game this year.

Sephzilla

Can they please update the SSBSS Goku and SSBSS Vegeta names to just be Super Saiyan Blue, already? It's not like Dragon Ball Super hasn't been out for a while now.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Can they please update the SSBSS Goku and SSBSS Vegeta names to just be Super Saiyan Blue, already? It's not like Dragon Ball Super hasn't been out for a while now.

Super Saiyan Blue is only used in-universe. The transformation is called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan everywhere else.
For some gosh forsaken reason...

Ryu1999

I got a steam refund because the PC version is terrible, but I'm tempted to jump on the $25 Black Friday deals I've seen.

What's wrong with the PC version?

tl;dr - Tons of random crashes, stuttering and glitches that the community has been waiting almost a month to get fixed, only for today's patch to not only forget to include the aforementioned fixes, but also made things worse. I just got the console version out of frustration.

Vex_

Banned
Jesus, what's this animation?

Here we go again. We just had some of the craziest/best animations in a dbs fight ever, but one of the worst instances gets posted and it is probably gonna blow up and derail the thread.

Every. Time.

AND IVE HAD ENOUGH!

Here we go again. We just had some of the craziest/best animations in a dbs fight ever, but one of the worst instances gets posted and it is probably gonna blow up and derail the thread.

Every. Time.

AND IVE HAD ENOUGH!

???
No bad animation was posted...

Piers

More characters that'll get ignored in favour of CaCs.
No supressed Frost? That's disappointing.
The roster in general can do with a lot of clean up. Frieza and Cell having separate forms is a buzz kill, more so with SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta.
It takes away variations but nobody really cares about those, aside from major characters like Goku/Vegeta.

Fj0823

???
No bad animation was posted...

For real, Cabbe vs Vegeta looks pretty good.

People really expect OPM levels of animation from a weekly series?

On Topic, the severe lack of in battle form changes in newer games really bums me out.

I want Tenkaichi 3 levels of going back and forth between forms....those were the days

The thing about XV2 - and it shows in these - is that the new models in the game are so far about the quality of the unchanged XV1 models that it can be quite jarring.

Alienous

The free DLC is nice, not quite sold on the paid DLC.

For real, Cabbe vs Vegeta looks pretty good.

People really expect OPM levels of animation from a weekly series?

Nah, people just wanted animation that isn't consistently awful. You don't need to be OPM to achieve that.

Ryu1999

tl;dr - Tons of random crashes, stuttering and glitches that the community has been waiting almost a month to get fixed, only for today's patch to not only forget to include the aforementioned fixes, but also made things worse. I just got the console version out of frustration.

I couldn't even get past the first conversation with Bulma/Vegeta without crashing. I've never seen such a buggy POS.

Top Bottom