• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Later in the game there is a voice over which is an error and mixed up with another line, the subtitles are correct but the voice is wrong, it's from the supreme kai of time near the end you'll notice it when it appears.
I've noticed a few voice mix ups too. There's also a lot of out of control ad-libbing in the dub voicing that I don't really care for. Feels very sloppy.

Game is much better than I thought. I've barley even touched the story and I'm just running around doing PQ's, Time Quests and some training. This game is going to be a time sink and keep me busy for a long ass time.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Is the characters level relevant at all? Like would it make a difference if I chose a lv 1 character I prefer the look of over my lv 80 characters?
So far, no. They only show up in cutscenes and get a statue in the center of the city. The equipment and skills they have on at the time are transferred over, however.

So far, no. They only show up in cutscenes and get a statue in the center of the city. The equipment and skills they have on at the time are transferred over, however.

Cool. Not sure if I'm bothered at all about it then. I may just use my lv1. Don't really want to carry over max level gear and abilities if they can just be unlocked in game, especially since it isn't supposed to be such a grind anymore.

idonteven

hail to the king baby

dragonballxenoverse2_eou5k.png

TreIII

the lack of proper tails is a gross omission, especially since the ssj4 forms have working tails

I legit probably pick a Saiyan to play, if I could have had the following:

+ Fully functional tail
+ Trade SSJ1-3transformations for the option to transform into an Oozaru instead (where it works more or less like Piccolo/Slug's Giant Transformation)
+ Furthermore, Oozaru can lead to Golden Oozaru (and thus SSJ4, too, for those who want it)

I mean, I can understand not giving the PC God/Blue/Rose forms, but Oozaru and 4 transformations are things I would certainly expect by XV3, where I hope the transformation system gets another revamp.

That aside, I'm having fun with the game.

I'm confused about GT, it's status as canon always seemed to fluctuate. With Super now there are too many contradictions for it to possibly be canon at all, right?

I'm confused about GT, it's status as canon always seemed to fluctuate. With Super now there are too many contradictions for it to possibly be canon at all, right?

Pretty much. It's about as canon as the various movies are, as in it'll get acknowledged by games and companion materials but you can't really logically fit it into the series.

Philtastic

So excited for this! I put in 146 hours into XV1 which was completely PvE. Preloading now! Looking forward to the improved combos, stamina break, and customization.

Raxious

Anyone got tips on getting Z rank on the quest: "Advancement Test - Kai Class" ?? I can't seem to Z rank it, only S rank.

FDC1

Lol, Amazon.fr botched our preorder bonus, they sent us codes for FF XIV dlc. Please, I want my Black Goku.

Savitar

Does the Ce include a code for Goku Black?

I'm confused as I saw some Day One cases seem to imply it automatically comes with it, so I assumed the CE would have it as well. But unsure what the situation is.

Chille

Anyone got tips on getting Z rank on the quest: "Advancement Test - Kai Class" ?? I can't seem to Z rank it, only S rank.

I am trying to do that myself right now lol, heard you have to Z rank them all for the trophy to ding

edit I did Ultimate wins for each fight, and got the Z rank so ult slug,18 and Cell as finishing blow.

It seems you unlock a bonus fight after Z rank all the advancement classes

NandoGip

Incoming screenshots.

Got SS3! Woo!

Made an Earthling. I like Saiyan combos a lot better.

Then I made a Majin. They seem way different compared to the other races. Maybe it's because they're big poofy fat guys instead of bulky or toned fighters? Placebo effect on the mind? They do seem fun, though.

I wish I could play them all. No way I'm going through and leveling them, though. Maybe I'll use them in level-free versus mode or whatever it's called.

Nice screenshots.

In XV1, what I did to power level was beat story mode to unlock all PQ's. After, load up your low level character and do the easiest high-number PQ with matchmaking. Like PQ 53 or something. Let the other players beat the mission while you try to survive

You get enough XP to level your character like 10-20 times in one match. I assume it'll be the same for XV2.

Dave1988

New to Xenoverse so I'm probably asking a stupid question buuuut.... which stats do I dump points into as a Saiyan?

Revven

Dunno yet. Both, I guess?

Then basic attack, Blast Super (I think the stat is called that? Well, it has blast in the name), and the third stat (if you want) can either be health or Ki; probably the latter since Saiyans are glass canons (aka they have lower health than the other races). Otherwise, you can just focus on basic attack and blast.

McNum

Anyone know how many points you do get in total? I'm thinking about how to stat up my Saiyan, too, but she wants a lot of stats.

McNum

You get 332 stat points
Oh! That's significantly more than in XV1. That was 237, I think. In the base game, at least.

My Saiyan will got for Ki Blast, Ki, Basic Attack and then tailor Ki so she has at least six bars, and at least five bars of Stamina. No sense in overloading on Stamina when it takes ages to recover as a Super Saiyan. Probably add in some Health, too.

J4g3r

Been a while since I played Xenoverse 1, all I remember in regards to character creation is making a Saiyan that focused on ki blasts so I could grind quickly.

Heard the whole RNG system in this game is a lot better though, so might make a nice hybrid.

Top Bottom