• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Nordicus

Ya know what, next time Steam offers me a preload, thanks but no thanks.

The unpacking is taking longer than my download.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Man, my XV1 character looked cool. He fits so well for the "cool other character" archetype. He feels like the DBZ version of Zero from MMX.

gUiwgYl.jpg

SPOILERS!

Continuing the Mega Man X parallel, there was even an AWESOME battle against him at the end of the game! The mask fit him so well!

http://i.imgur.com/1ITbtaF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NfqyBEJ.jpg

J4g3r

Not working for me sadly, put AF on 16x and AA on 8X but both aren't appearing ingame.

I don't think Depth of Field is working as intended either, I turned it off to get a good look at the huge Shenron over the city and it's definitely still on :/

I don't think Depth of Field is working as intended either, I turned it off to get a good look at the huge Shenron over the city and it's definitely still on :/

Even forcing AF and AA drive-wide for every application has no effect on Xenoverse 2. Bummer. Hope someone comes up with a solution; would make the game look much better :)

Disabling depth of field works fine here though!

Also, disabling depth of field raises my FPS in the city from 80 to 150. Setting it to low also maintains 150, high is a HUGE drop, so I recommend turning it to low; can't see a difference between low and high anyway (aside from nearby buildings; much cleaner on low). So high ruins the picture quality and fps.

Tip of the day :)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The PQs, characters, skills, and costumes yes but not the GT story content that was in XV1.
Figures, that was the only part of the XV1 story I never did.

J4g3r

Even forcing AF and AA drive-wide for every application has no effect on Xenoverse 2. Bummer. Hope someone comes up with a solution; would make the game look much better :)

Disabling depth of field works fine here though!

Also, disabling depth of field raises my FPS in the city from 80 to 150. Setting it to low also maintains 150, high is a HUGE drop, so I recommend turning it to low; can't see a difference between low and high anyway (aside from nearby buildings; much cleaner on low). So high ruins the picture quality and fps.

Tip of the day :)

Comparing DoF now, I can see a slight different. There's just some instances where it won't vanish, regardless. That's a shame. I'll get a closer look when I can fly in the city.

Forcing AA through the Nvidia CP seems to have worked for me? Not much difference though:

30308324390_b0ae30f815_o.png

I've not got him, and I wish fighting games would have every character unlocked from the start. Annoying having to unlock them.

Haven't checked if I've got Black yet, but I've got the Tao Pai Pai Stick and are currently using it.

ezodagrom

Ugh, the rebindable controls for controller are annoying in the Steam version, they removed the options for Type A, B, C, and some things are locked to certain actions as it is at the moment (progressing in menus is tied to jump/ascend, accessing ultimates is tied to step/boost)...
As someone that played XV1 on Type C controls, this is annoying...

Deadstar

Ugh, the rebindable controls for controller are annoying in the Steam version, they removed the options for Type A, B, C, and some things are locked to certain actions as it is at the moment (progressing in menus is tied to jump/ascend, accessing ultimates is tied to step/boost)...
As someone that played XV1 on Type C controls, this is annoying...

Once steam adds the ability to remap the ps4 controller you can change the controls to anything you want.

Anyone else having trouble getting into online parallel quests on the Xbox One version? I've been trying all day and haven't been able to join one yet.

Alchemy

I keep getting distracted with side quests and shit, that I'm crazy over leveled for the main story. It's kind of awesome how much I'm crushing everyone outside of the randomly super high level Guru missions.

I made my guy an albino (white with black details and red eyes) spiky hair namek dude called Edge Lord. He was the strongest fighter at dragon ball z Academy and killed goku

Likes: death, murder, licking knives, hot topic, buu girls with big boobies

Dislikes: conformists, preps, my dad, goody two shoes.

Does anyone else think that the PC version looks washed out? I went into the game and turned the brightness all the way up but all the colors looked totally washed out. Anyone else noticing this?

ugh gaf im so torn between buying this game now and waiting for it to go on sale at all at some point in the future :L

i've spent so much money recently, but i really want it...

Here's my character, Zero the Freezer:
When that name finally hit me I felt like a genius.

And I must say the reference height Goku in char creation was a really nice touch. Likewise, the added voices and customisation are all aces.
Does anyone else think that the PC version looks washed out? I went into the game and turned the brightness all the way up but all the colors looked totally washed out. Anyone else noticing this?

It looked washed out at two pips from max (default) but at full brightness it seems fine so far. I want to say DBXV1 had a similar problem? In any case, it's bizarre.

SolVanderlyn

Here's my character, Zero the Freezer:

When that name finally hit me I felt like a genius.

And I must say the reference height Goku in char creation was a really nice touch. Likewise, the added voices and customisation are all aces.

It looked washed out at two pips from max (default) but at full brightness it seems fine so far. I want to say DBXV1 had a similar problem? In any case, it's bizarre.
He looks really cool. Green is a good color for Frieza-men. Guy in the back doesn't wear it as well as your guy does, though.

The carnival music in the hub world is killing me. I feel like I'm in some random JRPG town festival going on a schavenger hunt. Wish I can change the music to last years hub theme

He looks really cool. Green is a good color for Frieza-men. Guy in the back doesn't wear it as well as your guy does, though.

I like the design of my guy (and heck, I'd better after I spent a solid hour deciding on everything) but, then...

I immediately enter the game and am greeted by the swaggiest character to ever exist:
Pretty sure he's an offline character, since I haven't seen a single online char in my time yet.

I actually went into the options and turned the "glare" down from the max and wow talk about a huge difference. It might just be my set up but I'm telling ya the difference was night and day!

Durden77

What are these "Krillin/Yamcha/ect. is having a class" notifications?

Also do more time rift raids open up as you progress? I only see the 2 tutorial ones.

Teknoman

The carnival music in the hub world is killing me. I feel like I'm in some random JRPG town festival going on a schavenger hunt. Wish I can change the music to last years hub theme

Download the Steve aoki music pack and go talk to him. That's about the only way to change the music atm aside from unlocking more town music I suppose. Sucks that most games don't let you play music over the game via media player.

Nordicus

So I made a copy of my old XV1 character in XV2

Bad thing is that I no longer know my combos because the male majin moveset has been totally redone.

But the good thing is that this new combo system is so much better and freeform holy shit!

The fact that there are different Ki cost ultimates now was a bit surprising. No wonder I couldn't use my Spirit Sword at 3 bars, it uses 4.

Looks like some "drama" is brewing. Prior to release, the Steam store page for the game said that they would do post-launch support for over a year, but it was stealthily changed to "over six months" within the last hour or two. People are understandably confused and pissed since they were quick to abandon support for the first game after the (lackluster) season pass content was released.

Link to the thread discussing this.- http://steamcommunity.com/app/454650/discussions/0/305509857563872911/?ctp=4

Has anyone else had random stuttering/freezing while rotating the camera in town? It's quite annoying and deterring me from playing until it's fixed.

cordy

Banned
Haven't played a DBZ game since Tenkaichi 3 in 2008. Always loved the series but anything past that just idk, just didn't get them.

Should I get this? How great is it?

SolVanderlyn

Haven't played a DBZ game since Tenkaichi 3 in 2008. Always loved the series but anything past that just idk, just didn't get them.

Should I get this? How great is it?
It's the best game since Tenkaichi 3 that isn't Extreme Butoden

the elder kai's challenges took way longer than they should have lol

pushing triangle and circle at the same time shouldn't be so hard

but if it weren't we wouldn't have arcade sticks

Revven

Download the Steve aoki music pack and go talk to him. That's about the only way to change the music atm aside from unlocking more town music I suppose. Sucks that most games don't let you play music over the game via media player.

Pretty sure you can play music over the game, you could in the first one; I haven't tried it yet but I doubt they would change that.

question regarding the
capsule corp
rift

how do you get vegeta to give you a quest? buu, nail, and hercule all gave me something but not vegeta? is my game bugged?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Isn't this how Steam always handles pre-loads?

Yeah. Considering the size of AAA games these days, though, I think publishers should at least have the option of having Steam withhold the executable instead, which is what CDPR did with The Witcher 3 on GOG and its retail discs. I mean, Steam is installed on an SSD and I have a 100Mbps connection, but the last time I unpacked a ~50GB game, the process took around 25 minutes to complete. Improving decryption speed is all well and good, however with game sizes only going up, Valve's fighting a battle it can't win.

Kard8p3

Anyone with a PS4 that wants to do some coop can add me, psn name is same as on GAF.

regarding the question above me,
I think it's random when quests pop up, I couldn't even join the Freiza army for a while, but after I did some missions I got the prompt.

Top Bottom