• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Uthred

Yeah, that bait and switch on steam pc is messed up. I immediately stopped playing so I can keep my time down just in case I need to refund. Which I will if nothing changes with that soon.

Bait and switch seems to be over-stating it a bit, the key selling point of the game for most people was hardly the support.

Revven

Here's what my Namekian custom character currently looks like:

HED2gfM.jpg

So, three questions. Firstly, what's up with the missing DLC characters then? Have they said anything? Secondly, Dragon Fist....what's the point? I've used it 30+ times and it literally never hits, the follow up shot takes too long and it's impossible to land. Lastly how do you beat Knock 'Em Down training on advanced? I can never do the final move since Krillin recovers before he reaches you to attack. Is it bugged?

J4g3r

Zarbon showed up out of nowhere in Toki Toki City and absolutely kicked my ass last night. To the point where I felt like I was supposed to lose it.

Also, hello.

30619211245_30b9401b23_o.png

Bait and switch seems to be over-stating it a bit, the key selling point of the game for most people was hardly the support.

One reason for me picking up the game at launch was due to the support they were willing to give, now that i've handed over my £40 they reduce it and change it's wording, not very good looking to me.

Lagamorph

Is it just me or is the story mode a bit more barebones this time? I admit I'm not very far in yet, but cutscenes seem practically nonexistent in the Saiyan saga.

So, three questions. Firstly, what's up with the missing DLC characters then? Have they said anything? Secondly, Dragon Fist....what's the point? I've used it 30+ times and it literally never hits, the follow up shot takes too long and it's impossible to land. Lastly how do you beat Knock 'Em Down training on advanced? I can never do the final move since Krillin recovers before he reaches you to attack. Is it bugged?

1.They're trying to fix it
2.The only reliable way to land it is to stamina break the enemy first

NandoGip

DLC: I have no clue. I saw a tweet from Bandai saying they'll make things right.

Dragon Fist: Is this super dragon fist or the Goku attack where the dragon shoots out? Either way, supers and ultimate attacks need to be timed for when your opponent is stunned or during a combo

Knock Em Down: I've seen a lot of people saying theres a trick to beating the last few trainings. I'm not gonna bother because I feel like they're gonna patch those things.

Lagamorph said:
Is it just me or is the story mode a bit more barebones this time? I admit I'm not very far in yet, but cutscenes seem practically nonexistent in the Saiyan saga.

I'm glad the stuff we've seen already is sped through. I've just finished the Cell saga, so I can't really say for the entire game, but it definitely has felt pretty short. Thankfully there are tons of other things to do.

Nephilim

Banned
They never even specified what the updates would contain. We know Bardock and Future Gohan will be made into mentors in an update, but beyond that for all we know the updates will primarily be bug fixes and balance tweaks.

why would they tell you what exactly they are going to add? has any game done this? where the devs told you what they are going to add and when

Lagamorph

Just noticed that if you use an energy charge technique whilst on the ground you lift up surrounding ground which then gets blown away when you stop charging.

I was halfway into the Namek saga (around level 25?) when I saw quests coming up from Namek. Just randomly popped up.

Outside of visiting all of the time-rift locations, the only other thing I could think of that might influence it is level at the Patroller Academy? Ive completed two (currently at whatever is past "Intermediate"), and I know it allows for more trainers in the world. Possibly effects the quests also?

that's it, thanks!

Just noticed that if you use an energy charge technique whilst on the ground you lift up surrounding ground which then gets blown away when you stop charging.

there's more visual effects this time around, it's just a shame that destruction is still really poor and holes made from attacks fade away within a second.

Revven

Lastly how do you beat Knock 'Em Down training on advanced? I can never do the final move since Krillin recovers before he reaches you to attack. Is it bugged?

It's not bugged, it's a really tight window. To pull off the stamina break after the knockback it's a 3 frame window so I imagine the final ultimate you need to do is probably similar timing; maybe 5 frame window.

Durden77

there's more visual effects this time around, it's just a shame that destruction is still really poor and holes made from attacks fade away within a second.

Yeah one of my most wanted thinga from theae games is more destruction. IT's really sillt that Beerus can chuck his massive sphere of destruction at you, and as long as a big rock is between you and it on the mountain stage, you're good.

Also now that I mention stages....are there...any new stages in this game? Haven't really noticed but all of them seem like they're from X1.

Nordicus

Is it me or are combos into super moves more annoying this time around? the AI seems to always recover and move before even a quick move hits them.
Meh, I don't know. There are more easily recoverable supers this time aound, but at the same time, you got the Stamina Break move, which I've managed to include in my Male Majin's basic combo. Takes care of recovery.

Uthred

What a fabulous retort, thats the heightened level of discourse that makes the forum such a joy

One reason for me picking up the game at launch was due to the support they were willing to give, now that i've handed over my £40 they reduce it and change it's wording, not very good looking to me.

I'm not excusing what they've done, it's shitty I agree, I'm just saying that it doesnt really fit the meaning of bait and switch, not least because the "bait" doesnt seem like a major selling point, especially considering how nebulously defined it was. They could just have condensed the DLC release schedule.

Also now that I mention stages....are there...any new stages in this game? Haven't really noticed but all of them seem like they're from X1.

Archipelago, Beach (is just Archipelago at night), Hell, Tree of Might, West City Ruins (was technically in the first game but was not selectable), and Time Rift(was also in the first game, but was not selectable).

Savitar

It's a pity androids can't be a race in this, I know I know basically humans but to be honest, the race differences are kinda stupid. You should be able to pick a race and basically focus on what you want to focus with no minuses unless you neglect something.

Dragon Fist: Is this super dragon fist or the Goku attack where the dragon shoots out? Either way, supers and ultimate attacks need to be timed for when your opponent is stunned or during a combo

Goku one with the dragon. Sounds like I need to stam break first which means I also need to learn to stam break lol. I need to find out where to get SSJ as well, in the story I'm fast approaching the point where characters will be using SSJ3 and I've still not got the base form myself.

Lagamorph

Is this the same in that you get a total of 300 attribute points to dish out by max level and a max of 100 in each attribute?
For my Saiyan I'll probably go with 100 in each of Ki and Ki Supers, then 40 into each of Health and Stamina with the remaining 20 into basic attacks.

It's a pity androids can't be a race in this, I know I know basically humans but to be honest, the race differences are kinda stupid. You should be able to pick a race and basically focus on what you want to focus with no minuses unless you neglect something.

unlimited stamina could be cool but at the same time completely break the games combat, not sure how you could rework that if they tried to keep the androids to lore.

Faster stamina regen maybe? and high melee attacks but low ki blasts.

Ennosuke

I played the first game on PS4, but the PC version is currently cheaper, so I am thinking about buying it. How is the PC community? I really enjoyed playing online on the PS4 with random people, because playing alone became a little bit lame.

Savitar

unlimited stamina could be cool but at the same time completely break the games combat, not sure how you could rework that if they tried to keep the androids to lore.

Faster stamina regen maybe? and high melee attacks but low ki blasts.

Buu was a bottomless well of power and stamina as well, the races don't exactly represent the characters races 100% which is one more reason I said they should scrap the whole some races attack harder, or are faster or have more stamnia, it's kinda pointless and just makes playing as a race with a deficiency already existing annoying.

Revven

Goku one with the dragon. Sounds like I need to stam break first which means I also need to learn to stam break lol. I need to find out where to get SSJ as well, in the story I'm fast approaching the point where characters will be using SSJ3 and I've still not got the base form myself.

Go to Capsule Corp and talk to Vegeta there. If you're far enough you should be able to start his quest line.

Revven

Goku and Vegeta in their Whis Symbol outfits can't even go Super Saiyan.... A lot of the choices they made for the variations in this game are really bad.

I think that's because they don't go SS in the movie which is what the costumes are based on, not their Super incarnations. Maybe in a patch (aligned with a DLC pack release) they'll update those variations. Or, give us another variation that has them with SS.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Do you guys think I'm too op?

My supers are 10x Kamehameha, spirit bomb, currently looking for the punisher drive.

Ultimates are punisher breaker and final Kamehameha.

Savitar

If Cell's Perfect Kamehameha is anything like the first game you can trigger that and not even take any damage most of the time even if they super against you.

I think that's because they don't go SS in the movie which is what the costumes are based on, not their Super incarnations. Maybe in a patch (aligned with a DLC pack release) they'll update those variations. Or, give us another variation that has them with SS.

That's not really an excuse though, it's been nearly a year since they went SSJ in those outfits and adding those forms to those variations would take zero time.
They didn't even give Track Suit Gohan SSJ.
This stuff wouldn't be a problem if they just let us customize the characters like in the Budokai, Tenkaichi and Raging Blast games...

Kyari

If you import a Xenoverse 1 character, do they show up in any real capacity other than as a statue?
I want to play the same character I had in XV1, but it would be weird to have 2 of me if they showed up in the story or w/e :(

If you import a Xenoverse 1 character, do they show up in any real capacity other than as a statue?
I want to play the same character I had in XV1, but it would be weird to have 2 of me if they showed up in the story or w/e :(

they show up in cutscenes at the very least. I dunno if they fight with or against you at any point, though.

MarveI

I need advice with this game. I'm a huge DB fan and I plan on buying the collectors edition eventually as I'm too busy playing other games right now don't have the time for DBX2 but do you think the price of the CE will come down a bit ? I really want that figure as I have a couple already from this line but just wondering if the collectors edition is limited and if and when it'll drop in price. I'm in no hurry but I want to buy this probably within 3 months. Thanks.

Deadstar

Looking through the twitter replies to that issue with the Steam DLC (I'm also missing Goku Black and Future Trunks from my character roster, but I have the Tao Pai Pai vehicle), they're also saying that the Steam Page which previously said "Post game support for over a year" (which I noticed yesterday) has been changed to "Post game support for over 6 months" just today, and I'd attest to the accuracy of that.
I'd swear the storage page said a year yesterday, and today it does indeed say 6 months.

Cv0pxGTVMAEhEuu.jpg:large

Check steam, it says more than a year. Not sure where you pulled this from.

Top Bottom