• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Go to Capsule Corp and talk to Vegeta there. If you're far enough you should be able to start his quest line.

I'm a bit worried that bugged out. I started the questline ages ago and he's never once asked me to come back despite Freiza, Hercule and the Namekians pestering me constantly.

f@luS

More than a member.
Finished the story at 100% including special ending
Got enough money to buy beruus clothes. Not that good looking but amazing stats for a ki sayain like me. IM level 74

Still missing many characters

Deadstar

Finished the story at 100% including special ending
Got enough money to buy beruus clothes. Not that good looking but amazing stats for a ki sayain like me. IM level 74

Still missing many characters

You beat the game in one day? How many hours does it take to beat the story? I'm kind of confused as to what the story is and what's not. There's so much to do. Are pq's considered story?

f@luS

More than a member.
You beat the game in one day? How many hours does it take to beat the story? I'm kind of confused as to what the story is and what's not. There's so much to do. Are pq's considered story?
Played since Tuesday (us release day )
A lot to do. Many more side quest than in xv1

NandoGip

QQ Bang system needs to be explained in detail. I understand how to use it, but it doesn't seem to be completely random. I'm glad it's in the game, but I'm not going to just buy a bunch of random clothes to test it out myself.

Also the dev's have revealed what they're going to patch on Nov. 1

Time Patrollers,
Thanks to the Beta sessions on PS4, we managed to identify some issues in the game that needed a fix. Unfortunately, we were not able to integrate these changes for the release and they will be included in a patch for all platforms on November 1st.
Please find below the changes confirmed for this patch:
-Important improvement in the Loading Times in the game
-Balance adjustements, including Male Majin and the Awaken Power form of Namekians
-Reduction of lag during Online Play
-Change of the default condition settings when looking for an opponent in
-Quick Match
-Other small adjustements
Please keep in mind that we are also tracking other issues:
-Missing preorder characters for STEAM users (Goku Black & Future Trunks) - FIX in progress
-Controller issues on STEAM
-Depths of Despair Expert Mission Giant Ki attack issue for STEAM
-Crash and launch issues on STEAM
-English Voice-over issues on STEAM
Please report your issues in the dedicated community thread if they are not included in it, including as many details as you can to reproduce the issue.
Don't forget to follow us for live updates on @BandaiNamcoEU

gai_shain

Knock em down advanced seems impossible for me, when I fly behind the enemy before the last input the enemy stops halfway on the way to me when I knocked him away.

Deadstar

Played since Tuesday (us release day )
A lot to do. Many more side quest than in xv1

Right! I'm on pc so it just came out yesterday. Forgot it's been out since Tuesday. I didn't play much of xenoverse 1 but this is a really fun game so far. I wouldn't say it's better than Hitman but it's probably the 2nd best game of the year so far.

Ennosuke

Just bought it for PC. I am sure I will need some time in the character creation. Played a Namekian im the first game. I think it will be a Saiayin this time.

So is there a way to learn someones basic moveset? Like could my Fem Saiyan learn Android 18's basic X,Y attacks or is it locked to the moves you have at the start? I think I remember wanting the same thing in the last game.

I'm enjoying the game but man I have to advance in the game I'm already having an easy time with fights. Like way too easy of a time.

At what point can you be in a hub world with other folks running around?

Rizzi

Basically reminded me of that XV's majin buu swarm fight (at least that was my first difficulty stop in that game). Used kaioken just to do some more damage in that fight to barely win.

Please enjoy getting infinite comboed because you dared playing a melee character instead of a bullshit beam spam character, and Frieza can literally grab you instantly from melee range, or tail slap the second you get behind him, and then combo you to death.

sensui-tomo

Please enjoy getting infinite comboed because you dared playing a melee character instead of a bullshit beam spam character, and Frieza can literally grab you instantly from melee range, or tail slap the second you get behind him, and then combo you to death.

yeah, used kaioken to kill freeza, and that vanishing orb (whatever kid buu's attack is called, transfered from XV) to do damage far the fuck away from Cooler... i'm just being estatic for the eventual death Broly will do late game.

So... how would i go about deleting my data so i can link a different character? I saw her in the second time patrol mission and now i never want to see them again :|

Jmille99

The Cooler + Frieza fight is uh.. Fucking terrible.

Yep. Thats where I stopped last night. Tried several times and each one started off good kicking butt, than soon after they get some health wittled away, they demolished me without me being able to make any sort of counterattack or land a single blow. Took me from 100% to 0% health within moments. It was frustrating.

idonteven

what have i done to deserve this ! i just want baby vegeta's clothes :( i do not deserve this 20+ hour grind of trying to get it by feeding the buu kids

Fuck this, done with this bullshit.
buy some healing items in the item shop

Fuck this, done with this bullshit.

You're probably under levelled. It really shouldn't be that hard. As other have said you can buy and equip some healing items if you're still struggling, but try pushing some levels up in whatever field you're focusing on. My melee build was pretty helpless in the fight at first until I pushed my stamina up a bit.

Lagamorph

There's a small update available on Steam that fixes the Future Trunks and Goku Black not being available bug.
They're now both in my roster.

MiTYH

buy some healing items in the item shop

Yup, that's what I did. Fight was a beast (I'm human, no transformations yet) and abilities weren't great. But I kept hammering away and used a regen item, took a few tries but I got it done.

Don't reference that majin XV1 fight, that was terrrrrrible

J4g3r

Bandai Namco's infamous censorship tech doing work.

30505697432_913d27797a_o.png

Finally transformed too.

NandoGip

I'm enjoying the game but man I have to advance in the game I'm already having an easy time with fights. Like way too easy of a time.

Shit was crazy easy for me too, until you fight Frieza and Cooler. The difficulty picks up a bit. I assume the real difficulty will come from the PQ's and random challenges in the hub city.

The answer to your question is after you beat Ginyu I think. You have to log out and log back in to the multiplayer server

Durden77

Thank god they are patching the load times ao soon. They're way too long on PS4 and probably my biggest complaint with the game. I just hope it's significant.

Also when/how do you get the Namekian awakening power? THe giant shit?

Philtastic

Is it me or are combos into super moves more annoying this time around? the AI seems to always recover and move before even a quick move hits them.
Yeah, it seems like there's less or more limited tracking on a lot of the supers now. I almost never hit with Burst Kamehameha unless I'm point blank compared to almost always hitting with it when launching opponents in XV1. It's not even fast recovery: I've stamina broken enemies and tried to hit them with Burst but I think that they're just falling differently in this game. Same thing with Big Bang: in XV1, I'd almost always hit if I launched them into the ground but, now, almost never hits. Definitely have to relearn how to combo supers.

If Cell's Perfect Kamehameha is anything like the first game you can trigger that and not even take any damage most of the time even if they super against you.
I'm not sure yet about how it is in this game yet but they changed it in XV1: you now take stamina damage while doing pretty much every ultimate such that you can be easily broken out of them. I'm going to guess that the same change is found in XV2.

Knock em down advanced seems impossible for me, when I fly behind the enemy before the last input the enemy stops halfway on the way to me when I knocked him away.
Yeah, he really recovers way too quickly such that I found it impossible to do most of the challenges that require you to knock him back when he was already launched.

Revven

Also when/how do you get the Namekian awakening power? THe giant shit?

You need to talk to Nail in the Namekian Time Rift (if it's open for you, if it's not yet it means you need to progress the story some more). You will need to defend Guru's House and once you've done it 6 times (there's 6 quests) you will be prompted to learn the awakening from Nail. Do it a second 6 times and you will get a special item needed to get the alternate ending.

Sounds to me like you're severely underleveled. Though, the AI there for some reason is really smart. Regardless, you have plenty of avenues to level up from so I'd suggest you stop trying to brute force it like you are and level up through doing mentors/advancement tests or PQs.

I was level 30 for that story mission and they were real pushovers. I'm also a melee build. They aren't punishing you at all, it's your level.

It's a three frame window. You need to be really quick otherwise they will roll out. Rolling out signifies you're too slow. It's literally the only thing in the game's combat system that requires any sort of execution from a fighting game standpoint.

Around after you've done the first or second story mission on Namek, I believe.

Nordicus

Meet Gelido. Just a dude trying to be the first superhero of the Frieza race.

14639781_10104353693470304_5131765581986925084_n.jpg
Greeting fellow super hero person
Yeah, he really recovers way too quickly such that I found it impossible to do most of the challenges that require you to knock him back when he was already launched.
An odd issue, because I never had trouble with connecting the chain knockbacks in Knock Em Down, but rather getting the required type of dash.

Yeah, it seems like there's less or more limited tracking on a lot of the supers now. I almost never hit with Burst Kamehameha unless I'm point blank compared to almost always hitting with it when launching opponents in XV1. It's not even fast recovery: I've stamina broken enemies and tried to hit them with Burst but I think that they're just falling differently in this game. Same thing with Big Bang: in XV1, I'd almost always hit if I launched them into the ground but, now, almost never hits. Definitely have to relearn how to combo supers.

I'm not sure yet about how it is in this game yet but they changed it in XV1: you now take stamina damage while doing pretty much every ultimate such that you can be easily broken out of them. I'm going to guess that the same change is found in XV2.

Weird, I don't have problems hitting burst kameha, I use it as a combo ender all the time.

I've been charged punched out of perfect kameha, so it's not so godlike anymore. I've already replaced it with 20x kaioken kameha.
But yeah a lot of tracking is less tight now (perfect kameha would literally turn around so you could hit someone, now it seems tracking is limited to a 45 degree cone in front of you.)
And some attacks are completely broken like Dragon Fist and just never connect.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I mean to be fair what he does any character can do. That fight, unless you cheese it with items and out leveling, is your first test to see if you learned the combat system.

When you teleport out of a basic hit your oponent has the chance to do a unique back attack that beats offensive actions so they can keep momentum. So if they are going to do that you block after the teleport. That back attack can be charged to break blocks so in that moment you see that you vanish step out or grab them. Ideally you should only be teleporting when a power hit is going to hit as when those miss you can't use a back attack

Durden77

You need to talk to Nail in the Namekian Time Rift (if it's open for you, if it's not yet it means you need to progress the story some more). You will need to defend Guru's House and once you've done it 6 times (there's 6 quests) you will be prompted to learn the awakening from Nail. Do it a second 6 times and you will get a special item needed to get the alternate ending.

Ah ok thanks, figured it might have something to do with Guru's place. I think I've only had 2 missions opeb up over there for me so far.

Nordicus

I was level 30 for that story mission and they were real pushovers. I'm also a melee build. They aren't punishing you at all, it's your level.
I mean to be fair what he does any character can do, that fight unless you cheese it with items and out leveling is your first test to see if you learned the combat system. When you teleport out of a basic hit your oponent has the chance to do a unique back attack that beats offensive actions so they can keep momentum. So if they are going to do that you block after the teleport. That back attack can be charged to break blocks so in that moment you see that you vanish step out or grab them. Ideally you should only be teleporting when a power hit is going to hit as when those miss you can't use a back attack
Yeah, the Frieza & Cooler fight is a moment where the AI decides that you're not gonna get a free win. Beat it in first go at level 30 with pure melee character, but the aggression did surprise me a bit and I had to use a healing item for the first time.

I remember similar thing happening with Android 17 and 18 in Xenoverse 1. AI is mostly braindead, but suddenly in case of these two it seems to get an anomalous upgrade.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Final advancement test at level 30ish was a pain in the ass to Z.

Fuck beruus' Stam drain beam I need that for some scumbaging lol

Revven

And some attacks are completely broken like Dragon Fist and just never connect.

It's not broken, it's working as intended. You need to stamina break the opponent to get it to connect otherwise all it is is a glorified knockback attack when someone has stamina which means they can and will roll out of it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's not broken, it's working as intended. You need to stamina break the opponent to get it to connect otherwise all it is is a glorified knockback attack when someone has stamina which means they can and will roll out of it.
Yup a majority of the strongest attacks in the game require a stamina break for them to combo. It's why in vs play you never want to drop below 2 Stam, it sets you up for a free Stam break

Top Bottom