• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Why is this game still so expensive?

I wanna buy it but it feels like too much including DLC..

Because it's not that old?
It's currently €45,- on steam for the deluxe edition.

I just wanna know how this villain mode could effect gods in Black Goku and Zamas

The "gods" are just kai still, it's not like supreme kai is stronger than buu, so it doesn't seem like it's based on how strong they are.

I just wanna know how this villain mode could effect gods in Black Goku and Zamas

at first I thought it was because Zamasu was never a full god, just an apprentice, but that contradicts with the fact that Goku isn't affected after becoming a SS God.

So instead, I can only assume that Towa's dark magic is different from Demigra's and can affect gods as well. At the very least, lesser gods like Kai apprentices.

Is the DLC worth the extra $10 from the standard edition if you don't care to use the characters? Essentially, are the Parallel Quests worth it?

I just bought the game, don't know which equipment/skills to transfer...

I have almost everything from XV1. And I played Human first and Saiyan second.

With the human, I quickly got my blue hurrican and with saiyan I dig with Emperors Death beam and the Why yoouuu!!!! for infinite spam.

Is Emperors Death still this good with saiyans? Because then I would start with saiyan and Emperors Death beam. And Bardock clothes for Human and Vegito clothes for Saiyan.

Also what would you suggest which things I should transfer?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Everything that was "cheap" in the first game has been heavily nerfed and doesn't work for what they were good for.
Blue hurricane is pretty much trash now.

Stamina breaks are also the only reliable way to land ultimates now, since you can easily be broken out of 99% of ultimates. Additionally, ult tracking has been nerfed severely, you can't just randomly throw out a beam from a distance and expect it to hit, most of them are easily dodged by just moving sideways.

There's only handful of ults that don't need a stamina break to combo and only 2 of them are found in XV.
So my recommendations are:

supers:
Gigantic omega > great for extending combos, decent damage, multiple hits
spirit bomb > great for taking down apes and stuff.
Big bang kamehameha > you can't get this fucker if it's not in rotation in the TP shop, it's not great on anyone else but saiyans though
Big bang attack/perfect shot.

You'll get maximum charge eventually, it's not very important to bring a long.

Ults:
Both of these can be combo'd into and don't need a stamina break to land.
Serious bomb (5ki)
Maiden burst (3ki)

Death ball (4ki), amazing tracking
Death meteor (3ki), the best tracking of all time, can not be knocked out of it either.

Escape:
Vanisher guard > best one for tanking a surprise ult, because of how long you are invincible.
Perfect move > this got buffed I think, I used to just back dash away from it and then dash in after the swipe to attack, but it seems you can't get knocked out of it until the move completely ends, not sure if you take stamina damage.

royox

Got it yesterday on PSN because the Deluxe is 45 bucks now. I was expecting a single player experience like the first one (with the amazing campaign, amazing story missions like that one in Freezer's ship as Ginyu) but till now everything is just MMO tier quests "go there, get me this, oh Namek event..." And 2 or 3 story missions literally taken from Xeno1 (Raditz and Veggie).

What the hell am I doing wrong?! I'm so confused

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Did you just play for 5 minutes?

The start of the game is to teach you all the things that have changed from XV (and a lot has changed), it's also the reason the multiplayer lobby doesn't open until you get to like namek.

The story itself is pretty much a straight continuation from XV, so just do what they ask to you to do until you get your flying license and then you can just focus on the story.

royox

Did you just play for 5 minutes?

The start of the game is to teach you all the things that have changed from XV (and a lot has changed), it's also the reason the multiplayer lobby doesn't open until you get to like namek.

The story itself is pretty much a straight continuation from XV, so just do what they ask to you to do until you get your flying license and then you can just focus on the story.

I played yesterday like 3-4 hours. Maybe my mistake was mixing mandatory stuff with optional stuff (not knowing it).

I'm lvl18 and Old Kai reccomends lvl19 for the next Time Patrol quest.

Still can't fly. I'll focus on it when I reach home thank you :)

Edit: lol Nappa was so easy compared with X1, still have pts from that.

did they remove the RNG dragon balls collecting bullshit that was in the first game ?

No Dragon Balls collecting is still RNG but it is MUCH EASIER and faster now. Early you can do PQ04, then you can fight 3 time patrollers, each one has a chance to drop a dragonball, you can even get 3 dragonballs though very unlikely. My highest was 2, though I got 2 dragonballs once in a while.

A better PQ is 23 (I think), where you fight Frieza, I usually bring 2x Towa, then transform, then 2x Giant Storm and Frieza is dead, then automatically 3 time patrollers spawn, where again, each gives you a chance for a dragonball and on that mission I even got 3 Dragonballs in one go.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Goddamit, DLC4 broke the launch wig, it doesn't change colour anymore on ssj transformation

Decided to order this since bb has it at 17 with GCU. Haven't played xv so hoping I dig this. Any tips for a xenoverse newbie?

Just do everything they ask you to do until you get your flying license.

dark_chris

Game is fun and still playing it a lot with a friend almost everyday.
I just wish we had more transformations than SS1-3. Woulda been happy with a rage, SS4, or SSG or Blue.

I am thinking of picking this up, but I just hated the grind in first game. I just want to play through the story and unlock most characters. I don't care about online, coop etc. Should I get this? First game was awful when it came to leveling and roaming around like an idiot in that terrible map.

Wow this topic is DEAD lol.

I bought the game and got my ass handed over in the Great Apes quest. Need to spam items I think because Great Ape Vegeta destroyed me twice.

Wow this topic is DEAD lol.

I bought the game and got my ass handed over in the Great Apes quest. Need to spam items I think because Great Ape Vegeta destroyed me twice.

Are you at the Saiyan Saga story Great Ape fight near the start of the game?

You can buy some attacks from the market in the centre of the hub world, and during weekends you can buy exclusive ones from the medal shop. You can also get some from completing Parallel Quests.

The way to fight a great ape is too attack them to stun them, attack them while they're stunned, then just before they get up, grab their tail and throw them.

Train with goku mentor.
And ofcourse you have supers, you start with a bunch of them.

Goku is only available in post game, isn't he?

So apparently you can get a bikini this weekend.

1502392599413.jpg

and you can color it howerever you want.

1502393892736.png

Zampano

So this is on sale on UK PSN and I have some questions if you wouldn't mind?

I'm a bit of a DB noob - currently watching the original DB and coming toward the end. I plan to go straight into DBZ Kai. Would playing this spoil the story for me?

Is the game worth the time investment overall? Is the community still active online?

Is the season pass worth it?

Thanks guys

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
it would sortoff spoil it for you.
The story is based on things turning out differently and then you are there to put things right again, though it's not like xenoverse where you go through every single dbz encounter again.
XV2 has a few main encounters but sometimes you even leave before the actual conclusion.

yes to your other questions.

Kaizer

Banned
Is this game worth it, if you can't play multiplayer at all? How long would it take me to get through all the single-player stuff. Thinking about picking this up on the Switch when it comes out soon. Also heard the Switch version will contain the Xenoverse 1 story campaign as well.

Is this game worth it, if you can't play multiplayer at all? How long would it take me to get through all the single-player stuff. Thinking about picking this up on the Switch when it comes out soon. Also heard the Switch version will contain the Xenoverse 1 story campaign as well.
99% of the content can be played offline . Only the 15 raids really need other players, but they don't drop anything good so I'd classify them as totally skippable.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
So... no OT for the Switch release? DBFZ has me hyped for DBZ games and I'm thinking about picking this one up.

Can I get some opinions of the game? I read some reviews but I'm still unsure.

I don't have a lot of DBZ knowledge. The game looks like it could be cool, is it okay as a solo game?

Kaizer

Banned
So is the Xenoverse 2 DLC worth getting for the story stuff & characters? My Switch copy is arriving tomorrow & I went ahead and downloaded the free DLC already from the eShop. I don't plan on doing multiplayer, so I wasn't sure if the extra quests/missions would be worth it.

ezodagrom

So is the Xenoverse 2 DLC worth getting for the story stuff & characters? My Switch copy is arriving tomorrow & I went ahead and downloaded the free DLC already from the eShop. I don't plan on doing multiplayer, so I wasn't sure if the extra quests/missions would be worth it.
There's a few extra story quests in the season pass, but it's too short to be worth it at full price if you don't plan on doing the parallel quests (which are usually done in multiplayer).

Protome

I claimed the two free DLCs and bought the season pass for the Switch version...now I just need my copy to arrive...

I feel pretty okay double dipping on this one (partly because i got it for cheap via Gameseek's cyclonic deals.)

Top Bottom