• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse has been possessed by Ghost Nappa

omg i cant believe they got "cat loves food yeah yeah yeah"

incredible

also im now spending the morning rewatching random TFS episodes THANKS GAF

McNum

Nappa sells the merch, it's a known quantity.

This time, he's even selling the official merch for once. So, I suppose that whole "Please support the official release" from the abridged videos means get this game.

It's sad that this sways my decision towards buying it as much as it is.

Still going to wait for reviews and ideally a demo but it looks like a lot of fun so far

Anung

Un Rama
I was already a day one buy but damn I'm in. On release everyone will be ghost Nappa. hell, I wish my female Buu could be ghost Nappa.

Mesoian

what is TFS, and what is DBZ abridged?

The best possible way of watching DBZ at this point.

Regardless of how you feel about fandubs, DBZ abridged is the good news.

Went from not interested in this game to now strongly considering it.

God dammit Nappa...

YURP

They're both great in different ways.

But I actually think the Abridged voice actors are better than the actual voice actors

Indeed. Abridge VA's are hungry and it shows in their work. Helps that they're pretty good comedy writers now too.

JNA

Banned
They're both great in different ways.

But I actually think the Abridged voice actors are better than the actual voice actors

I think it depends on the voice actors.

For example, I think the original VAs for Goku and Vegeta are better than the abridged ones but the Frieza and Nappa Abridged voices is MUCH better than the original.

Which makes sense because the abridged one is also voiced by Little Kuriboh. :D

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

For example, I think the original VAs for Goku and Vegeta are better than the abridged ones but the Frieza and Nappa Abridged voices is MUCH better than the original.

I think the TFS VAs are better given the context of what they're trying to do - parody and being funny. So the voices for Goku and Vegeta are excellent in that regard.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
You could be like me, have the Saiyan saga original Ocean Dub VHS tapes bought when they first released in 96/97'.

Hell, I was watching 3rd generation VHS fansubs of DBZ aired episodes in 92/93. Always a crapshoot with the quality you ended up getting, lol.

But Goku's official english VA sucks. He's so generic, and completely fails to capture the charm of the character, which the TFS voice actor captures perfectly

You could be like me, have the Saiyan saga original Ocean Dub VHS tapes bought when they first released in 96/97'.

I had those, alongside shitty bootleg tapes of the later movies and DBGT from Jamaica Ave. in Queens. The quality and translations (if it had any) were...interesting, to say the least.

Sephzilla

I actually think I like Vegeta's Abridged VA better, or at least displays more range. The abridged VA can go from sounding straight badass to also saying something hilarious without shattering that badass mystique. I don't think the official VA can do that very well.

He is hilarious and I quote everything he says.

Seriously though, this has got my attention in a way that no DBZ game would have ever done again.

Revven

This is like one of the best things in a DBZ game since Tiencha or Gokule in Budokai 2. I am going to have at least 2 characters with this voice, I cannot resist it.

Mike Golf

Hell, I was watching 3rd generation VHS fansubs of DBZ aired episodes in 92/93. Always a crapshoot with the quality you ended up getting, lol.

I never got those but did hear about them. Man we've come a long way from that to damn near having a semi accurate fansub of anime episodes mere days after they air in Japan.

Top Bottom