• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse has been possessed by Ghost Nappa

Astral

This is pretty awesome lol. I think the female voices 8 and 10 made me laugh just as much though. They ham it up so fucking well.

Piers

DBZ Abridged is about as funny as Borderlands 2. YuGiOh was the only one that really got chuckles out of me.

That's a pretty awesome treat for fans though, love it.

Seyavesh

i don't really get why dudes like nappa from the abridged series
buuuut
i really enjoy piccolo so shrug

didn't they end up grabbing one of the VAs from the abridged series for the actual re-dub or whatever?

DBZ Abridged is about as funny as Borderlands 2. YuGiOh was the only one that really got chuckles out of me.

That's a pretty awesome treat for fans though, love it.
YGO Abridged stopped being as funny as soon as they decided to start being self referential every damn episode. DBZ Abridged has at least stayed consistently funny without getting too meta.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
How come everyone thinks "cat loves food yeah yeah yeah yeah" is a DBZ abridged reference?

That DBZ Abridged song was a reference to this from the original funi dub

Like piccolo's "I can do this! I'm alive! I'm awake!" speech after fusing with Nail.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The dialog was so bad I though it was from DBZ Abridged.

Nope.

The original funi dub had some REALLY bad lines and rough performances (and directing choices - inner monologues inserted everywhere, for instance, and making Frieza Rita Repulsa instead of a sociopathic nobleman).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
How come everyone thinks "cat loves food yeah yeah yeah yeah" is a DBZ abridged reference?

For me, it's more how TFS kept going for that joke and how they execute it that makes it for me. If it was just a random VA doing it, it would be a plain DBZ bad dub reference.

Been watching abridged again today because of this news, wasted 3 hours of my day laughing at how good it is, I only remember parts of it when it was being made years ago.

Just reached the ginyu force part, need to save it for another time.

TFS DBZA has a huge following and has a regular GAF thread as well.

That is really great. Hopefully more feel compelled to get it. 360 /ps3 really held this game back. if it could get a xb1/ps4/pc only release it would have so much positive building on this foundation and way way more features.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
i don't really get why dudes like nappa from the abridged series
buuuut
i really enjoy piccolo so shrug

didn't they end up grabbing one of the VAs from the abridged series for the actual re-dub or whatever?
"It must've been made of something weak. Like paper mache, or Raditz."

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It will be cool to see Vegeta since he is the other character who is more associated with DBZ abridged.

RqZVn1H.jpg

RedSwirl

Wait is that seriously the guy from TFS who did Nappa? Did they seriously just get him to voice Nappa in the game? Or just a Ghost Nappa character?

It will be cool to see Vegeta since he is the other character who is more associated with DBZ abridged.

A lot of the characters are hugely popular and quotable. Goku is a huge fan favorite for his stupidity for example.

Wait is that seriously the guy from TFS who did Nappa? Did they seriously just get him to voice Nappa in the game? Or just a Ghost Nappa character?

It is Takahata 101.
EDIT: Whoops, I just woke up and didn't fully understand your question, the guy bellow me has you covered.

I'm super jazzed for this, was kind of on the fence with this and The Order and DoA coming out so soon. But damn it now I need this. I'm sorry wallet, Goddammit Nappa.

Top Bottom