• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection Comparison Screenshots

Takao

Banned
PS3/360 release of Budokai, and Budokai 3. No online, and changed music. Release is soon, but no date specified.

Gematsu:

Y1u8N.jpg

dxAFf.jpg

W7mo5.jpg

c0fFT.jpg

uSQI0.jpg

DrBOY.jpg

BBnoy.jpg

DKsSM.jpg

u453d.jpg

RFGz9.jpg

fAk6m.jpg

swqo0.jpg

RkBTj.jpg

oUUDl.jpg

yQU2S.jpg

lWoAy.jpg

9uki8.jpg

L2yIl.jpg

at3P6.jpg

UDjmP.jpg

fBSUD.jpg

V2UtE.jpg

Those PS2 shots do not feel right ...

BHK3

Banned
I'll still buy it , but it looks like one of those "thrown into the upscale machine" collections.

Seems like a really lazy update. Why would they even want to show off that they are just stretching the screen outside of the battles?

EDIT: D'oh, the bottom pics are the HD version. The original has the stretched screens. Not that it makes more sense because of that.

Veal

They should have ported the Gamecube version of Budokai 1. Looks WAY better than the original PS2 version.

Takao

Banned
They should have ported the Gamecube version of Budokai 1. Looks WAY better than the original PS2 version.

If Dimps is doing this Collection they don't have the source code for the GC version as Pyramid did that version. But given it appears this won't be released in Japan I doubt it's Dimps.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is the first time I've ever entered an HD collection thread with screenshot comparisons and couldn't tell which one was the remaster off hand. Shameful.

Dereck

Seems like such a lazy compilation, I admire that this exists, it's just that it has none of the features that warrant a purchase from me.

Takao

Banned
Erm? No online features? Really?

I meant BT3 for Wii had online feature but I don't see why they should get rid of it.

Budokai Tenkachi 3 on Wii had online features if you go by the box art. The net code was so poor it might as well have not existed. And yeah, not the same games here.

HardRojo

You'd think they'd work on 16:9 shots for the HD releases and keeping the aspect ratio at 4:3 for the SD shots comparison but no... the total opposite.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Seeing this stuff stirs up the need in me to play some DBZ, what was the last DBZ game worth owning? Preferably something on the HD twins.

ThaGuy

Erm? No online features? Really?

I meant BT3 for Wii had online feature but I don't see why they should get rid of it.

As a person who still owns DBZ:BT3 and loves it, the online was shit in that game. Its sad because the game is high quality imo and is still worth like $40-$60.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I dunno but the stretched PS2 versions look better (and apparently proportional) than the new shots.

Takao

Banned
Why are they even including Budokai 1 & 2? The 3rd one had all of the good from the 1st 2 & none of the bad.

They aren't including Budokai 2. It's the first, and the third. They're including the first because it was well, the beginning and had arguably the most accurate portrayal of the series story. Budokai 3 is in because it's the "ultimate" refinement of that series ... if you ignore the existence of this:

P85kd.jpg

Mory Dunz

Budokai 3 is the best DBZ fighting game for me.

Burst Limit had the most fun actual fighting but felt like an incomplete demo.

Eff Tenkaichi...

Tsunamo

I don't know how, but Namco Bandai actually made the PS2 version look better in some of those comparison shots. Not sure why they'd post them in 16:9, it's a terrible comparison.

I'll still grab it eventually to expirence Budokais cutscenes in HD though.

Takao

Banned
The music in Budokai is awesome! Why are they changing it?

The composer for many of the Dragon Ball Z games, as well as Dragon Ball Kai has been stealing music for years and recently got caught. Here's a good write up on all that went down. Every piece of the franchise he's worked on that has received a subsequent release has had his music scrubbed off.

Edit: Comparison video.

AssaTM

I wonder if the music from the story mode in Budokai 1 will also be changed, will be such a shame in that regard specifically since it's all music timed to cutscenes, it'd throw it potentially way off :/

Zee-Row

Banned
Top Bottom