• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Gotta say, this training update is pretty swag and long overdue.

it's so fucking good, holy crap. no more mix-maxing training items, just click auto and the game does that shit for you. Don't even need Ns and Rs to train anymore. I mean I already knew what it was and that it was coming but I still underestimated just how much of a QoL difference it is. Now if they could only let us sell large quantities of items more easily. Oh and update friend leader system pls

Did 2 multis but didn't snap the first results. Being new to the game I'm not entirely sure how good it is but it seems decent enough. I got Goku Black featured unit in the first one. Also I bought the beginners bundle for the training items and medals mostly. Trying to figure out which card to use the ticket on in Baba's shop, anyone have any opinions?

They're all kind of meh except Bardock after he dokkans (soon, when Angel Goku comes out) which makes him a solid support unit. If you desperately need fillers for a mono team, the others are all passable options except for that TEQ Vegeta who is truly awful and outdated.

MiTYH

So for these new orbs, it makes the most sense to get the Max Stamina+1, right? 20 times at 15 each is 300 orbs, and since we only get like... 92, it'll be a while. But I want to make sure I'm not crazy in my thinking here

Reporting for a new page. Just trying to see if there's a disadvantage because someone on reddit said it was a bad investment and to go for elder kais. I just can't see why

Reporting for a new page. Just trying to see if there's a disadvantage because someone on reddit said it was a bad investment and to go for elder kais. I just can't see why

I think it depends on your play schedule. If you're not in a situation where your stamina accumulates past your maximum very often those extra points are not going to do anything at all for you. Me, I'm at 151 already, it takes a ridiculous amount of time for it to fill up thanks to this game's ludicrous 5-minute recharge, so I'm not gonna go for that extra stamina. If anything I might get character slots but I'll probably go for kais first, I don't really need stamina or more team cost.

also, did a multi on the 17 banner and got... STR Zamasu. Thanks, game. Thank you. Thanks. Wish I'd saved those for the Cauli/Kale GSSR now. Ah well, still got 700 stones.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So I was sitting at 140 stones and decided I'll do singles on the Cooler banner until I get one SSR then call it quits

I now have 0 stones and a bunch of R's and SSR's to baba

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not even mad. My investment in this game has been waning anyway.

Meneses

So I was sitting at 140 stones and decided I'll do singles on the Cooler banner until I get one SSR then call it quits

I now have 0 stones and a bunch of R's and SSR's to baba

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not even mad. My investment in this game has been waning anyway.

I'm with you.

Just did a few singles on 17 banner, got shit, wasn't even mad.

Not gonna touch the stone sale and haven't spent any stamina all day either. I think I might be coming out of this pit, fingers crossed.

Ashodin

Why not, I feel lucky today

j5utR4Jl.png

bahhahahahahahahahh

Does anyone else LOVE these Kai missions? Since the Super Strike limit was lifted, I haven't had any need for these SR/SSRs. It's so fun making janky-ass teams and beating the crap out of those old story quests. Also since the stamina cost isn't 40 or 50 I can actually play the game for more than 10 minutes a day.

Does anyone else LOVE these Kai missions? Since the Super Strike limit was lifted, I haven't had any need for these SR/SSRs. It's so fun making janky-ass teams and beating the crap out of those old story quests. Also since the stamina cost isn't 40 or 50 I can actually play the game for more than 10 minutes a day.

It's kinda fun, at least it's something to do, already cleared the first 2 chapters though just on natural stamina. The friend leader counting towards team cost is kind of annoying though because it can be hard to find others running cheap leads so you end up just having a friend lead carry you entirely while you fill half your team with saibamen. It's a poor substitute for actual new content though.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
XYcWM86.jpg

Have 800 stones saved up since SS4 Gogeta dropped. Not falling for any traps until then, keeping my eye on the prize.

I have no idea what the prize is. Int Gogeta I guess?

Aiii

So not worth it
Thought getting an LR account would reinvigorate some of my interest in the game and help me by not having to spend money on the game for a while, but I just spend 100 stones on a double rates banner without a single SSR and honestly I am done chasing cards, we all know what the deal and purpose of the game is, but I can get my Dragon Ball fix from Xenoverse 2 on Switch and soon DBZ:F.

So, I am deleting the app, unsubbing from the YouTubers, the subreddit and finally, this thread to avoid further temptations to pick the game back up.

Either way, best of luck on all your future pulls, I am sure I will see some or all of you around in other threads.

14676634_690570094429jvpsw.jpg

Thought getting an LR account would reinvigorate some of my interest in the game and help me by not having to spend money on the game for a while, but I just spend 100 stones on a double rates banner without a single SSR and honestly I am done chasing cards, we all know what the deal and purpose of the game is, but I can get my Dragon Ball fix from Xenoverse 2 on Switch and soon DBZ:F.

So, I am deleting the app, unsubbing from the YouTubers, the subreddit and finally, this thread to avoid further temptations to pick the game back up.

Either way, best of luck on all your future pulls, I am sure I will see some or all of you around in other threads.

:( I'll miss you. A lot of people are leaving due to super shitty pulls, I feel like I'ma go next tbh last good SSR card I pulled with VB and that was once he came out.

Tamanon

Banned
1 SSR in three multis but at least it was Super 17. Now to farm his odd event. Vegito Blue is a blessing and a curse on it! Probably going to just use my mono-TEQ team.

Really should've done the LR Androids sooner.

chrono01

Did 3x multi-pulls, against my better judgement, since after spending 1500-ish stones on the SSJ4 banner and not getting a single one of them (or SSJ4 Gogeta and Shenrom for that matter) and really wanting SSJ4 Vegeta, I figured I'd do it.

Nope. This game REALLY doesn't want me to have him. I did get another SV though, of which I have many, as well as SSJ3 Goku, SSj2 Angel Goku, and Android #17 (AGL) + Super #17. I just want my damn SSJ4 Vegeta.

I guess I'll save the rest for Int Gogeta, of which I'm sure I won't get. The only cards I seem to get in this game are when power-creep happens and they're somewhat outdated. It happened to me with Gogeta, it happened to me with SV, and I'm sure it'll happen to me with SSJ4 as well.

Did 3x multi-pulls, against my better judgement, since after spending 1500-ish stones on the SSJ4 banner and not getting a single one of them (or SSJ4 Gogeta and Shenrom for that matter) and really wanting SSJ4 Vegeta, I figured I'd do it.

Nope. This game REALLY doesn't want me to have him. I did get another SV though, of which I have many, as well as SSJ3 Goku, SSj2 Angel Goku, and Android #17 (AGL) + Super #17. I just want my damn SSJ4 Vegeta.

I guess I'll save the rest for Int Gogeta, of which I'm sure I won't get. The only cards I seem to get in this game are when power-creep happens and they're somewhat outdated. It happened to me with Gogeta, it happened to me with SV, and I'm sure it'll happen to me with SSJ4 as well.

on the bright side, you have the makings of an optimal Extreme AGL team. If you have Rose and LR Androids you're pretty much there.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Didn't you float the idea that it's highly likely they're taking Angel Goku off it? It's looking that way.

It's possible. Even so 2 120% leads on a 3+1 banner are good odds of getting something relevant. Ideally SSJ3 Goku stays and SSJ4 Gogeta replaces Beerus on the banner. Beerus was the only clunker on jp

Man what a loss, I used to always see you on this OT hell with your merged zamasu avatar. I'm glad you realized that you don't need this game and I wish you all the best. Honestly speaking, if this game goes downhill fast I'll probably bail as well (but not before selling the account, gotta make that money).

Nj1ZMgU.png

Good enough for a Super Difficulty 17 run?

Does those android's super count as a ki attack? If so then the event is incredibly hard for you to do. From this event I feel like you need at least 2 no ki attack characters. You'll blaze through untill you get to Super 17. There's also the fact that the androids only get 2 ki and 100% boost (Rose will need to be with them to super). I struggled with this event with a hero's team but the good thing is that when his shield is down Vegito destroys him.

Thinking about this, if they gave 17 50% tank or the ability to get 150-170 attack boost, he would've been more worth it. It's weird that gotenks got a massive boost when people complained but they went silent on 17 and Buu.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Man what a loss, I used to always see you on this OT hell with your merged zamasu avatar. I'm glad you realized that you don't need this game and I wish you all the best. Honestly speaking, if this game goes downhill fast I'll probably bail as well (but not before selling the account, gotta make that money).

Does those android's super count as a ki attack? If so then the event is incredibly hard for you to do. From this event I feel like you need at least 2 no ki attack characters. You'll blaze through untill you get to Super 17. There's also the fact that the androids only get 2 ki and 100% boost (Rose will need to be with them to super). I struggled with this event with a hero's team but the good thing is that when his shield is down Vegito destroys him.

Thinking about this, if they gave 17 50% tank or the ability to get 150-170 attack boost, he would've been more worth it. It's weird that gotenks got a massive boost when people complained but they went silent on 17 and Buu.

Neither their SA, Rose's, or SV SA count as a ki attack. And yes, this event is still hard to do even with my Hero/Extreme team, but on the plus side, even though they are waaaays away to reaching LR status. This was the best I could do to Super 17 using 17&18 on Rotation with the team posted.

8FXoYpq.png

linkent

Neither their SA, Rose's, or SV SA count as a ki attack. And yes, this event is still hard to do even with my Hero/Extreme team, but on the plus side, even though they are waaaays away to reaching LR status. This was the best I could do to Super 17 using 17&18 on Rotation with the team posted.

how much orbs have you spend on them?
I take all +Super atk nodes with Rose lead, it they did 2mil on crit with the barrier on.

to Aiii or any japan players, does the Kai in the baba shop with the purple kai orbs refreshed?
the permanent stamina seems to be most valuable but will buy the Kais if they refilled them.

Meneses

I did it with a villains team (Rose leader and max LR androids).

The team didn't seem to matter that much, I was just waiting for the Androids to show up, but I had Teq Frieza for tanking and Buuhan for healing which made it easier and with very low item usage.

Androids killed him in two turns / supers (I think at least one of them Crit, if not both - can't remember) plus one additional normal attack.

I don't think I even dealt with the barrier.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
how much orbs have you spend on them?
I take all +Super atk nodes with Rose lead, it they did 2mil on crit with the barrier on.

My Droids are at 93% Activation. The lower left path has been finally unlocked and needs a few more orbs to it to be 100%'d, just can't spare the little amount I have left at the moment. One other problem is like a fool, I had focused on Evasion, when I should of been more focused on AA and Crits. So their stats are: Eva is lv12, Crits at lv 9, and AA is lv 5. Not enough stones to change this around.

Man I really have it when I'm so close to leveling up but I need to sleep :/. Literally need 6k XP for a level up but it'd take wayy to long for natural stamina to refill enough to do a stage.

linkent

My Droids are at 93% Activation. The lower left path has been finally unlocked and needs a few more orbs to it to be 100%'d, just can't spare the little amount I have left at the moment. One other problem is like a fool, I had focused on Evasion, when I should of been more focused on AA and Crits. So their stats are: Eva is lv12, Crits at lv 9, and AA is lv 5. Not enough stones to change this around.
Guess the other def reducing unit do really cause big impact to increase the damage from 1.2->2m with teh same 50% lead.
Luckily it is pretty easy to reset those nodes without using gem.
Should do it when the half sta dokkan event come.
Man I really have it when I'm so close to leveling up but I need to sleep :/. Literally need 6k XP for a level up but it'd take wayy to long for natural stamina to refill enough to do a stage.
Thing like this always happened in mobile games.
Like opening snails (optc jackpot with chance of free refills) at midnight always get the refills zzz
The current great ape event give much more exp than usual stage i think.

Voror

Did two pulls on the Super 17 banner. Didn't get Super 17 or SSj4 Vegeta though I did manage both the SR and SSR versions of both 17s. Think I'll stop there and just save for Gogeta and Janemba now.

Didn't realize that Training had gotten updates, but yeah this Auto feature is great and makes the process less time consuming.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
21_Toriyama_art.png

When is she coming to global Bamco?

Guess the other def reducing unit do really cause big impact to increase the damage from 1.2->2m with teh same 50% lead.
Luckily it is pretty easy to reset those nodes without using gem.
Should do it when the half sta dokkan event come.

It's more of a grind than anything to try and pull for those dupes, waste medals to ssr then get the necessary medals to dokkan after running the events X amount of times for each dupe in order to feed to the node. I ain't got time for all that.

4a7ogtnmh9mz.png

Even in death Gold never decays.

Voror

I wonder if this means we'll start seeing more from the current Super arc. I know we've already gotten some, but there's a few others that seem to be missing.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
I wonder if this means we'll start seeing more from the current Super arc. I know we've already gotten some, but there's a few others that seem to be missing.

We're getting Kale and Cauliflower soon. So you can damn well bet, this TOP arc is a gravy Train for Bamco and Dokkan. Question becomes, how bad you want the cards to pay for them?

Voror

We're getting Kale and Cauliflower soon. So you can damn well bet, this TOP arc is a gravy Train for Bamco and Dokkan. Question becomes, how bad you want the cards to pay for them?

I wonder if they'll all be SSR or just the most obvious ones like Jiren or Toppo.

MiTYH

Finally getting around to using the SA of my TEQ Whis with the AGL one. It's been good so far today, gotten 3/5 I tried. Hopefully I can get that done before the event leaves this weekend.

Then... I guess I'll do some Super 17 medals. Need 42 for the two SR's I got, and I guess they'll be decent orb changers. *shrug* Already did all the new missions so now it's back to waiting for the Kale stuff

Man, LR Androids just destroys Super 17. Tried with my super AGL team and struggled, so I tried villains team with androids and they almost 1-shot his final form with a crit.

I wish I had Rose, it'd make the event so much easier. my LR Androids are SA 20 rainbow. I can put em as a leader if anyone wants, but I assume most people would want duel Rose/SV.

Final 20 stamina got me a first form frieza drop. Awkwaened it and fed it to base LR Frieza annnd
It worked! Bitch is SA 10 :D!. Now just to work on dem paths...how bad is the drop rate for more? Better/Worse than Goku? The Same?

Top Bottom