• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Surprised to see Ultimate Gohan in there, but I guess there aren't too many choices. I really hope they don't immediately introduce more powerful leaders like 3 months from now and just put out more good subs and rebirths. High hopes for the Godku dokkans. Would be cool to get new Super/Extreme rainbow leads too, maybe 80-90% stat boosts?

I figure SSJ4 Gogeta will be that Super Rainbow lead. I REALLY hope they at least do put out an upgrade. I've just managed to get all 4 super neo gods to SA10 so my lack of VB is burning more than ever. I'm holding out on them releasing an upgrade rather than sinking 150 of my last 200 stones on another shot at him so it's gonna suck if it just doesn't happen. I figure it's inevitable with Masked Bardock being released.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It would have been nice if I ever pulled a STR Broly to fit into my Omega team for WT AOE. As it is I have 0 AoE so have to grind out my 20 wins the old fashioned way.

It would have been nice if I ever pulled a STR Broly to fit into my Omega team for WT AOE. As it is I have 0 AoE so have to grind out my 20 wins the old fashioned way.

During the anniversary in 2 months they're gonna give you a gem and a choice of 5 characters, one of which is Broly.

idonteven

Main team :

And I've started experimenting an AGL team (currently leveling up)

Haven't looked too much on synergies and such (been playing for two weeks and currently rank 58), so everything is to be learned !
yeah thats a bit rough to do some of the harder events

Fox1304

yeah thats a bit rough to do some of the harder events

Absolutely, I get 1/2 shot as soon as the opponent is a bit serious, even if I steamroll everything else. Where should I aim my efforts ? Getting more stones for summons? using the potential system to improve my UR? Or just aim to construct a more "synergetic team?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just realized that we are getting (at least some of the) WT dokkans, so I can awaken my Elder Piccolo and use him as a sort of Scrub extreme lead if I really want.

During the anniversary in 2 months they're gonna give you a gem and a choice of 5 characters, one of which is Broly.

Isn't FP Freeza also a choice though? He's also something I'd like.

idonteven

Absolutely, I get 1/2 shot as soon as the opponent is a bit serious, even if I steamroll everything else. Where should I aim my efforts ? Getting more stones for summons? using the potential system to improve my UR? Or just aim to construct a more "synergetic team?

you need a god lead,its gonna only gonna get harder and harder without one

try to collect as many stones as possible and use them on a trunks/merged zamasu banner in a few weeks

MiTYH

So without AOE or Rose/VB units for this upcoming WT, is it better to stick to a mono team you have, or a hero/villain team with friends?

I've run MonoAGL before, but against all the TEQ teams it just took for.ev.er. So my choices are:

- Mono AGL. Double SV, SSBKK, Golden Frieza, Whis, SSJ3, etc
- Mono PHY. Double Broly, Goku Black (with 2 in dupe system, SA10), Kid Buu, PHYtenks, King Cold, Stun-SSJ Goku)
- Heroes. Gogeta lead with friend VB, and SV, SSBKK, SSJ3 STR Vegeta, INT Vegito, PHYTenks
- Villains. LR Andoird lead and friend Rose, with PHY Broly, Omega, Janemba, TEQ Cell.

Or some variation. Still working out hero/villain teams, but I'm leaning now towards either Mono-AGL, PHY, or Heroes to get counters in and whatnot. Thoughts?

Anoregon

So without AOE or Rose/VB units for this upcoming WT, is it better to stick to a mono team you have, or a hero/villain team with friends?

I've run MonoAGL before, but against all the TEQ teams it just took for.ev.er. So my choices are:

- Mono PHY. Double Broly, Goku Black (with 2 in dupe system, SA10), Kid Buu, PHYtenks, King Cold, Stun-SSJ Goku)
- Heroes. Gogeta lead with friend VB, and SV, SSBKK, SSJ3 STR Vegeta, INT Vegito, PHYTenks
- Villains. LR Andoird lead and friend Rose, with PHY Broly, Omega, Janemba, TEQ Cell.

Or some variation. Still working out hero/villain teams, but I'm leaning now towards either Mono-AGL, PHY, or Heroes to get counters in and whatnot. Thoughts?

I'm planning to go mono team. My reasoning is that, due to the prevalence of super/extreme teams, you will be less likely to encounter the mono team that counters yours.

Your heroes/villains teams don't make much sense, the friend leader skill doesn't activate in WT, so you'd be banking on just the ki boosts from gogeta and androids. You won't have any hp/def increase.

MiTYH

Your heroes/villains teams don't make much sense, the friend leader skill doesn't activate in WT, so you'd be banking on just the ki boosts from gogeta and androids. You won't have any hp/def increase.

Oh god damnit, you're right. I always forget that

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Mono AGL (for health bonus and SV counters to clear out enemies), add Gogeta into the bunch. His links with SV or SSBKK should let him super to take out a unit or two.

I might just run mono Heroes. Whatever difficulty is the highest I can run where counters still 1-shot neutral types at least. x7-x10 probably. I have the misfortune of having all the gods and most nuke leads except TEQ, so MV team's not gonna carry me that hard, although I'm still considered it with a Zamasu lead.

Anoregon

What happened to the extreme/super banners?

Next Dokkanfest banner should be STR Cell, which will be followed by generic STR and TEQ banners. If we follow the Japan schedule, the next dokkan banner after that looks to be a shit future trunks banner that doesn't have VB or SSBV. Then finally is Merged Zamasu banner, which has some good stuff.

Syntsui

No point pulling until SSJ4 banners honestly. Unless people have a really strong villains team and are insane enough to pursue one single unit in a game with 0,xx% per character rates.

No point pulling until SSJ4 banners honestly. Unless people have a really strong villains team and are insane enough to pursue one single unit in a game with 0,xx% per character rates.

I know this to be true but I super want MZ and Trunks so I'm still totally gonna pull on that banner a bunch. Definitely do skip the Cell and SSB Vegeta banners tho imo, they're just really bad value. This close to the neogods, all their best subs appear on their own banners. So you can pull Cell, Omega and Janemba on just the one banner. And you're probably not gonna run an extreme strength team until that time, so unless you MUST have that character, those banners are very skippable.

MiTYH

I think this is the time I actually will be able to wait until SSJ4. I looked at the banners and nothing is really appealing until then.

That is, unless we get a 30 stone pull or something like that. I usually cave on those. But otherwise, all DS go to the WT refills, or the bank

Lagamorph

For WT I usually go with a mono AGL team with SV lead and SV friend for the counters.
My only AOE unit is STR Broly and I generally find it unreliable to get the needed Ki for him without a friend lead ki boost.

Just got FP freeza and teq rage beerus lol...game doesn't want me to stop grinding medals...

Anyway going for this team with WT:
sesVE3J.jpg

DISAPPEAR.....FOR GOOD!

Any suggestions for beating boss rush on both Super 3 stages? I tried the newest one and realized the error of my ways when I got to Angel Goku with my mono AGL.

The 15 boss one I'm not even sure what to do. Mono AGL? It's the only team I can build with health regen, a tank and counters. Should I just keep my tank and buu in constant rotation? I don't feel like I'm gonna have enough items is my main worry.

LNBL

Thanks for the suggestions on the MV team everyone.

Was wondering whether that Agl Beerus wt rebirth deserves a spot on a Mono agl team, since i have him with 2 dupe paths unlocked.

I have SV, Rosé, GF, SSG Goku, Ult Gohan, SSJ3 goku, LR androids and SSJ 2 Goku gt competing for a spot already.

God I hate the removal of the reset. Got all the way to zamasu and had it in the bag on the 15 battle round until I get stung by a misplaced tap. Now all I can do is load back in to over an hour's progress being lost.

Edit: and now I die with one health bar left on Buu and my SSJ4 Goku lined up with a super on the very next turn. These are going to totally piss me off I can tell.

Should have taken a screenshot of this because it was beautiful. Managed to 1-shot 2nd form Beerus last night.

-Leader=SSB TEQ Goku (the +33% per TEQ Ki one)
-SSB TEQ Vegeta (the +15% per Teq Ki passive one)
-SS3 Gotenks friend

Used Oolong and WT announcer to get a board completely full of TEQ ki & to boost TEQ. Vegeta one-shots Beerus from full health for ~ 2 million damage. What makes it even better is he was only lvl 92 and is at SA1.

Feels good.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
We taking bets on whether there will be major hacking going on during the global World Tournament? And if so, whether it will either lead to A) massive surprise banning or B) a revolt

We taking bets on whether there will be major hacking going on during the global World Tournament? And if so, whether it will either lead to A) massive surprise banning or B) a revolt

There's always hacking. I wonder if they've adjusted anything on their end to catch the shit TLM and renzy did in JP.

Syntsui

I'd say people will hack to be among the 1k+ so no one will be able to do anything.

People will report everyone on top regardless, no one will be spared, hacker or not. I just hope they actually ban the cheaters. There has to be a way for them to identify accounts that had teams with infinite ATK and HP.

It boggles my mind they couldn't figure out a script that identifies accounts with impossible values, this shit can't be hard for developers.

I was in the middle of farming SSBKK medals when the unscheduled maintenance hit. Great.

Me too. I'm like 2 missions away from a rank up too. :(

I want Cell really badly. Hella good backup AOE even if its iffy how its stuck at 11 ki.

But most of all I want that SSJ2 Gohan dokkan.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
This tournament is going to have the WT rebirths. But more importantly it's probably going to have orbs from missions.

Give me orbs

This tournament is going to have the WT rebirths. But more importantly it's probably going to have orbs from missions.

Give me orbs

^ All the orbs except TEQ. Mostly cause I'm saving them for SSJ3 Angel Goku since my TEQ is pretty shit otherwise for Heroes. Hope I get Godtenks soon to actually have a top tier TEQ unit.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So, this world tournament thing uses a special stamina systema or it's the same one from the usual events?

Same one, if you want to do well and get better prizes you'll need to use stones to refill your stamina. There are WT specific missions that give stones though. If your stamina is high enough and you settle at a specific rank you can even go positive on stones.

Syntsui

Same one, if you want to do well and get better prizes you'll need to use stones to refill your stamina. There are WT specific missions that give stones though. If your stamina is high enough and you settle at a specific rank you can even go positive on stones.

Damn that sucks, so I won't even ''play the game'' until it's over >.>

Usually, other gachas use another stamina system for their arena mode, so this will be quite new for me.

Tamanon

Banned
Additional attacks would only be marginally useful if you couldn't super with the sealer(as the second attack has a chance to super), but I can't see that much.

Damn, fair enough. Was hoping I may get to boost my ult Gohan a bit with that. One super 3 boss rush down at least. 15 bosses back to back is really not my thing.

Top Bottom