• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Revival of “F” Spoiler Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchie64

Warning: Unmarked spoilers in this thread!
The Preveiw Screenings for the new Dragon Ball film - Revival of "F" - will be starting soon in Japan, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a place to discuss spoilers.

What We Know:
Official Film Synopsis:
After peace returned to Earth following the battle with God of Destruction Beerus, the surviving remnants of Freeza’s forces, Sorbet and Tagoma, approached, seeking the Dragon Balls. Their objective: to revive Freeza in order to bring his forces back to power. That worst wish in history is granted at last, and the resurrected Freeza plots his vengeance against Goku and the other Saiyans… And so, Freeza’s new army advances on Earth, and Gohan, Piccolo, and Kuririn clash with a thousand soldiers. Goku and Vegeta challenge Freeza to a fated duel, but Freeza had attained an overwhelming power-up!

“Allow me to show you… my further evolution!”

Now, for warriors beyond their limits, the curtain was about to open on a battle like none before or since.
Kanzenshuu Movie Guide

Official Manga:
A manga adaptation of the first part of the film by author Toyotarō is being released in three chapters to lead up to the film's release. Two chapters are currently out, and can be assumed to be basically the first few scenes of the film.
Chapter One Summary at Kanzenshuu:
Freeza is resurrected by remnants of his army, and the old villain seeks revenge against the Saiyans who defeated him so many years ago!
Chapter Two Summary at Shonen Gamez:
Goku and Vegeta train under Whis, earning the ire of Beerus when they inadvertently wake him. In their absence, Freeza, intent on revenge, makes his way to Earth with 1,000 soldiers. As Earth’s warriors gather on the battlefield, someone else also comes in for a landing….
(Will be updated with a more detailed Kanzenshuu Summary if it happens and a Chapter Three Summary)

A New Form?:
While everyone knows Freeza has a new gold form in this film, it's also possible the Saiyans will be getting a new form too.
This trailer for the game Dragon Ball Heroes seems to indicate that Goku will have a new transformation in the movie. (Source: K-Pop Starz)
And then there's this image, posted on Reddit. I cannot find the source, so help me out on this one if you can. What is it? Well who knows, but at least Vegeta's getting in on the action:
uuRgoG9.jpg

Preveiw Screening Spoilers:
Preveiw screenings will be happening in Japan on the 30th and 31st of March so lots of info will be coming out soon (The event starts at 7 and ends around 9 Japan time). I'll update this section with stuff we learn from those.
The main site to pay attention to will be this Kanzenshuu thread. One of the site's mods is seeing the first preview screening and should be posting details soon after.
Plot Summaries:
A basic plot outline at Kanzenshuu
And a much more detailed one, also at Kanzenshuu
Also a barebones summary if you want it:
Before he goes Golden, Freeza gets his ass kicked

He goes Gold and starts winning.

It becomes clear that Golden Freeza has the same weakness as before(he has an issue with stamina fighting at max power)

Goku tries to take advantage of this but gets beaten by Golden Freeza (though part of it was being caught off guard by Sorbet)

Vegeta steps in and gives Goku a senzu and then fights Freeza instead.

Vegeta is winning but then Freeza blows up Earth thus killing Vegeta(Goku survives because he's over hanging out with Whis while watching Vegeta fight and he made a barrier)

Whis uses his power to go back 3 minutes in time so Goku can finish Freeza off with a Kamehameha before he gets to blow up Earth.
Details - I'll post them as they come (these are subject to change):
  • Jaco is voiced by Natsuki Hanae
  • The red-horned guy is another of Sorbet's lieutenants, named Shisami. He gives Piccolo a bit of a hard time until Gohan steps in to finish him off
  • Gohan is in mortal danger at some point (he gets better)
  • Goku and Vegeta hold hands at some point
  • Blue hair is real. It's apparently an effect of going SSJ after you've absorbed Super Saiyan God powers.
  • Beerus and Whis eat a strawberry sundae
  • Goku gets the final blow on Freeza with a Kamehameha
  • Goku wins because he eats a senzu bean
  • Earth is destroyed and Vegeta is killed
  • Goku saves Earth by going back in time 3 minutes with Whis
  • There is a scene of Sorbet saying that everything went according to plan. Before he dies
  • No Buu, Goten, or Trunks at all
  • There's a scene where Beerus stops destroying earth after being told about a sweet dessert by Bulma
  • The Relationship between Goku and Vegeta is developed
  • Post credits scene is Freeza back in Hell yelling "No"
  • Jaco mostly talks with Bulma
  • Maximum the Hormone's 'F' plays when Freeza's body gets regenerated
  • Shenlong grants two wishes. Sorbet tries to revive Cold too, but Shu yells "GIVE ME ONE MILLION ZENI!" and Pilaf and his gang leave with a wad of bills

The earliest American screening (with subtitles) will be April 11th, so by then full details should be out.

Since the other thread got so off topic, I suggest we only talk about the movie in this one. While we will try and stay updated here, I heavily recommend checking out Kanzenshuu as well as their forums, they deserve every hit they get. Also be sure to check out the Dragon Ball Reddit.
If I screwed anything up/missed anything in this thread please let me know!

Excited to spoil this for myself, I'm quite happy for Dragonball to continue through films for the foreseeable future. Also I'm excited to see actual images of the new forms.

Tecl0n

colour swapping. Not like this.

Maybe it's a different God form? Red focuses on power, blue on speed or something? So they finally combine in megagod form with white hair.

So reading chapter 2, Whis can apparently travel through time to whenever Beerus does something "stupid"?

So, like

GT can still be canon by the end of these new movies. Welp.

munchie64

So reading chapter 2, Whis can apparently travel through time to whenever Beerus does something "stupid"?

So, like

Whis is definitely the most powerful being in the franchise so far.
Reality/time warping? Well shit.

Keby

Totally expected. At least Roshi is getting in on the action for a little while.

Blue hair though? we are rapidly approaching fan fiction territory, but honestly after BoG where do you even go after that level of power?

Totally expected. At least Roshi is getting in on the action for a little while.

Blue hair though? we are rapidly approaching fan fiction territory, but honestly after BoG where do you even go after that level of power?

My guess is they start going to other universes and fighting other Gods and have a giant Battle of the Gods tournament pitting all the most powerful warriors of each of the 12 universes against one another

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

So, like

Something stupid like sealing away one of the gods of creation in a sword? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TrueBlue

That blue haired form is interesting.I remember that there were a lot of theories going around that a hypothetical Super Saiyan God transformation for Vegeta would involve him getting blue hair.

Since Goku also has that transformation however, I imagine it's something like Super Saiyan God 2. Or maybe it's an "Ascended" God Form. I only say this because in Battle of Gods, the aura that kickstarts Goku's transformation into his God form is blue, but he comes out red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom