• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 11 releasing July 29th in Japan for 3DS and PS4

tauroxd

Change to 100 replies per page it helps XD

man, it actually hurt to see how bad the 3ds versiona sold over here.

How bad? any numbers? I just bought DQ VIII on the eShop and I will buy DQ VII later there too. Every little thing helps to make them realize that there is a demand for them outside of Japan.

If the Switch version doesn't release at the same time that's a pretty dumb move on Square's part.

The port or version probably requires more work. It is better to launch the versiosn that will be ready and will sell the most, because of the install base, than make people wait because one version it is not ready. It that's the case or something along those line, they did not made a dumb move.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That is literally what is happening here. People are prowling every thread about a game that should launch on the Switch because it doesn't exactly have a robust third party lineup. I'm actually intrigued by this for PS4, unfortunately I live state side so looks like I'll be considering at the end of the year or next year.

Switch police at it again.....now we cant even discuss Switch titles that are officially announced for the system because everyone is so sensitive about it.

I dont see how people discussing the Switch version has negative affect on you....the PS4/3DS release isnt affected by it and you can enjoy the current stream where they showing off those versions. There is nothing to see or show on Switch - thats why people are discussing it here and not in the thread about the Stream.

If that's all you want, you can do something similar with the PS4 version and remote play on a Vita.

oh no please not that. i just recently remembered that feature and tried to play persona 5 in the same room on my vita. it was nearly unplayable due to the lag ( with action games its worth obviously).

If that's all you want, you can do something similar with the PS4 version and remote play on a Vita.

I have a PS4 but not a Vita (just Vita tv). Don't plan on getting one. Also never tried it but heard mixed things about remote play. And not really the same with away from home internet connections or lack of it. Are you really trying to suggest that remote play and Switch are functionally equal?

Elios83

I had no hopes for a western release date being announced but the japanese release date is soon enough that we might be playing this in Q1 2018.
Switch version is obviously early in development hence it will be released later, also in this way SE can maximize the sales of the 3DS version.

Rymuth

Indeed,

Did my part.

6t2AU8q.jpg
First time seeing them all in one place and it just hit me how many got localized. We've been very fortunate, all things considered

notaskwid

To the guy I was once talking with about whether the Switch version was "confirmed" to come out the same day as the other two, I told you so.

$81 USD is too much for a video game so I'll be waiting for some intrepid Japanese player to burn through it and sell it used... for what I'd pay for it new as a NA release.
*cries*

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I have a PS4 but not a Vita (just Vita tv). Don't plan on getting one. Also never tried it but heard mixed things about remote play. And not really the same with away from home internet connections or lack of it. Are you really trying to suggest that remote play and Switch are functionally equal?

Well if you really want to play it on the go, might as well go for the 3DS version or the PS4 with Vita remote play.

Anyway it's better than having the actual item rather than waiting for the Switch version to be officially revealed, confirmed, and announced with a release date.

Well if you really want to play it on the go, might as well go for the 3DS version or the PS4 with Vita remote play.

Anyway it's better than having the actual item rather than waiting for the Switch version to be officially revealed, confirmed, and announced with a release date.

its already revealed and confirmed a multiple times (last time by nintendo in january). they just need to give us a launch date

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

It is not that the game is hitting the market today, especially in the west

Asd202

its already revealed and confirmed a multiple times (last time by nintendo in january). they just need to give us a launch date

To me it looks like first they need to get the game working on the Switch they haven't even shown a screenshot of that version.

Good pls localize on time

So what is the 3DS then?
i for one will be getting it on 3ds for sure. two perspectives on the same game seem to be an awesome concept.
its something i always wanted for the DS platform but i dont think we ever got that
To me it looks like first they need to get the game working on the Switch they haven't even shown a screenshot of that version.

that could be for multiple reasons (incl. marketing)

jonno394

I said in the Direct thread that i think they (Nintendo and square) are holding back on the switch version to be their big reveal at the end. I'm still going with that. Also gets dq xi eyes of larger worldwide audience than something like this stream does.

I'm sticking to that, and expect disappointment!

I'm making the assumption the Switch version will be the PS4 version and that's the one I want (might get both). We just discussed how remote play and switch aren't functionally the same even if they mostly are conceptually. Even though I'm looking forward to it I can wait.I have plenty of games to play. Im waiting for localization anyway so maybe it won't be that much longer.

Mrbob

I always figured the 3ds version would be the lead seller but with such a low price I'm guessing 2.5X to 3x the PS4 version?

Vena

I always figured the 3ds version would be the lead seller but with such a low price I'm guessing 2.5X to 3x the PS4 version?

The 3DS version was always going to crush everything else underfoot, the install base comparisons are comically lopsided.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
that could be for multiple reasons (incl. marketing)

Just like Chocobo Racing 3DS and The Last Remnant PS3 (at least this one was officially revealed, just... Not materialized)!

Just saying, I'm sure it will come but just always be prepared for the worst because anything can happen. If you really want the game, might as well get it on the available platforms if you really want it rather waiting for an announcement of a port that can or cannot happen.

ranmafan

Perfect time for me! Just as summer vacation is getting into full swing here in Japan! Oh I'm so excited for this. Glad it's coming that day. Can't wait, can't wait at all!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I really want to play it in 2D at least once. I almost hope the Switch version is based on the 3DS version so it can have that and a decent chance of localization.

Ray Down

Banned
What did you expect? It's probably not even ready to be shown in weekly famitsu let alone get a live demo or release date.

Seriously the switch version wouldn't be at launch, outside of the inti DQ11 reveal there been next to nothing about it.

This was expected people.

zoku88

I think they do that with every new trilogy? I know DQ1-3 has a different one than DQ 4-6.

This seems about right, at least for the orchestra versions. Though, the second version is 4-8, I believe. The Orchestra version of 9 is different from both earlier versions. First half of the first disc of the 10Disc symphonic collection is all just different versions of the theme.

Btw, the version on the stream was from the first three games. So, further tie-in to Loto trilogy?

MrDoctor

in a perfect world, we'd get an english trailer with news of a ww release at sony's e3 conference in a couple months

instead i expect guns, bearded white men, and complete silence from squenix if anyone asks

crinale

I pointed out that Nintendo's fiscal forecast mentioned only 3DS version and ppl here almost killed me. :(
(I think when coming to West we will see all versions at the same time though).

Top Bottom