• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes is coming to the west! (PS4 exclusive)

4823c1703c4cf2cc50c2ef6de7777ca2.jpg

Delicious crow, after the interview I thought he was talking about all DQ games. Guess just the main series.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I hope enough people buy this game to give SE more confidence for future localization.

duckroll

Is that out of question now? That new thread made it seem like there's going to be a new western push for the series.

It's not, but I'm not going to praise him for any effort until they actually announce that. I never doubted that -this- would stay in Japan. :p

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Is that out of question now? That new thread made it seem like there's going to be a new western push for the series.

Yeah, they talk about announcements, not just an announcement, and I don't think he was referring to DQ titles on mobile, considering they had no problems to be released over here. So...come on, Square!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yay!

Kind of bizarre they aren't bringing over the PS3 version. Wonder why? I guess it must so terrible they'd rather not have people buy that version

Dazza

Only on PS4 no PS3.

I can understand that from Square Enix's perspective. The recent sales ratios between the same releases on both PS4 and PS3 make it clear the people that buy new games have mostly moved over to PS4. Well it makes sense for a retail release at least. I can forsee many other Japanese games doing this when exported

rhandino

Banned
Yay!

Kind of bizarre they aren't bringing over the PS3 version. Wonder why? I guess it must so terrible they'd rather not have people buy that version
Then why release it in Japan? THe short answers is that Japan still is a viable plataform and the game will sell a good amount in the PS3.

But in the west they are pushing PS4 more it makes sense.

Percy

Banned
Inevitable.

There's no point in releasing a big name PS4 game and not releasing it outside Japan, lets face it. That shit might fly on 3DS where a game can release in Japan only and still be massively successful, but on PS4? Nope.

Anyways... looking forward to this for sure. Surprised there's no PS3 version coming though (Not that I was likely to get it on that, but still...). Wonder if Persona 5 on PS3 will be next for the chop in the west.

duckroll

Yay!

Well they're already trying to get their JRPG audience on the PS4 with Type-0 HD and the FFXV demo, maybe they felt it's counterproductive to continue supporting the PS3 outside of Japan.

kng3025

Damn, awesome news. 2015 to boot too. I was going to import the game thinking it'll never make its way here.. Good thing they announced it as soon as they did..

Oooh that's awesome.so gonna buy it
I hope it comes out in the summer when there's noting to play cause if its planning on coming out during the holidays, sorry bruh you're going ont the waiting list

nikos

I haven't played a DQ or Musou game extensively, but I really want this. Day one for sure.

That being said, I need to start on both types of games. I've put them off for way too long.

GunBR

Square-Enix is garbage, haha. This instead of X or VII. That'll keep the franchise healthy.

Oh, PS4 only? I guess importing will be the he only way I get to play this.

VII has millions of text to translate (insert-that-image-of-the-game-script)
X would need new servers and staff to give the support to the game in the west

Heroes will probably be translated in 1-2 months, and Koei should do most (or all) of the work

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Then why release it in Japan?

They are pushing PS4 more in the west so it makes sense.

Because its basically a 50:50 split in Japan for this game and wouldn't be anywhere near that in the US.

I just don't get why they didn't want to release the PS3 version over here even if the PS4 is wildly more popular now here, its still sales being lost. Maybe they'll stick in a DQXI demo or something on the disc like they did with Type 0.

Top Bottom