• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

nikos

Trying to stream from PS4 and all of the services say Not Available. Working fine with other games.

I'm assuming it's because the game just unlocked?

EDIT: Well, there it is. Really disappointing. I was ready to stream :(

Aeana

Trying to stream from PS4 and all of the services say Not Available. Working fine with other games.

I'm assuming it's because the game just unlocked?

Nope. It's this game. They don't want people streaming it.

CRK0GcFVEAIWgJs.jpg:large

Meicyn

Gold Member
Preordered and ready to play, but I have a huge test to study for on Wednesday so I won't be able to dig in until that evening. Fack.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
No streaming? Wow I don't even watch streams but that is pretty shitty.

Excited to play this game.

I don't stream but that's pretty laughable from Square Enix.

Let's hope they reverse that decision fast. Giving fans more freedom to stream this is an actual Good Thing.

Yeah is that permanent? If so, the winds of shit are gonna blow a tornado at square hq

Otherwise, great game so far. I dunno much about DQ, but i do know the dq3 battle music so it was cool to hear that early on

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The dub is really good.
I heard the guy's voice, and was immediately glad I chose the girl. Not that the performance is bad, I'd just rather tell the windbag to shut it than be the windbag.

So far, the only thing that feels weird to me is the jump. Some moon Gravity type stuff.

Just got notice that my Amazon Prime order is being delayed a week. I'm in agony, but at least it may mean it's selling well and there's some kind of supply constraint.

I'm trying to find a bright side.

Weird. I ordered early September and my copy should be here by 3pm tomorrow.

Klossen

Banned
Thanks for the OT, jshackles. I am patiently awaiting my SimplyGames order. Was hoping they'd break street date like with MGSV but it seems they're shipping this aligned to release date.

Cleve

The dub is really good.

If you say so man, I turned it off as fast as I could, I think it's pretty awful, and usually I'm all about dubs.

The voices on both have some wierd mixing that make them sound like they're echoing too.

crinale

Yeah is that permanent? If so, the winds of shit are gonna blow a tornado at square hq

Otherwise, great game so far. I dunno much about DQ, but i do know the dq3 battle music so it was cool to hear that early on

Afaik it got to be more like copyright issues (SE not owning whole right of soundtracks which are already copyrighted from other games decades ago). I don't think composer is prohibiting it either but they have to do lots of paperwork to go thru Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers (governmental bureau basically) even allow it to be streamed.
KT's other games had to have steam enabled with no music too. It's very recent that they got paperwork done to stream their own music over PS4.

That government agency is so bureaucratic that composers have to pay them to play their own music at livehouse too, and I'm not kidding.

ghibli99

Picking this up tomorrow. Looking forward to playing my first new DQ game since DQ6 on the DS. Damn, it's been a long time...

The praise for the voice acting makes me wonder if Square hires different voice directors for Dragon Quest games vs. Final Fantasy games. FF's tend to be iffy while everyone seems to love the voice acting in DQ games.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The praise for the voice acting makes me wonder if Square hires different voice directors for Dragon Quest games vs. Final Fantasy games. FF's tend to be iffy while everyone seems to love the voice acting in DQ games.

In the West with this included there has only been 3 DQ games with voice right?

DQ 8, DQ Swords, DQ Heroes.

Krammy

I got this lovely email earlier in the day.

4fGMQ29.png

I can't even cancel and pick it up at a store tomorrow because I got this as part of the E3 deal this year. GAH!

hamchan

All these monsters were our friends. I feel bad killing them. :-(

50 minutes in and I'm liking everything about this game.

Alex

XIV: Heavensward had very good voice work, changed pace and went with an English cast, heard several Xenoblade voices in there. Of course they got to that point by sacking the entire cast from XIV: Realm Reborn which was mediocre at best.

I'd imagine it's a setting thing, classical styled works tend to get more floral voice work and direction as opposed to the more anime-esque dub casts for other entries.

Very early impressions.

Voice acting is serviceable. Humor is there, though, so I'm enjoying it so far.

Graphically, it looks pretty good. Clean as fuck.

There are framerate drops when things get busy, but like down to 50FPS maybe instead of 60.

Combat is super fluid and fun. Honestly might be their best work yet once I get more into it. Like everything flows very well but you still have to be mindful of how you attack. Great work on Omega Force's part already and I've only just defended the King.

I can't wait to dive into all the mechanics.

Afaik it got to be more like copyright issues (SE not owning whole right of soundtracks which are already copyrighted from other games decades ago). I don't think composer is prohibiting it either but they have to do lots of paperwork to go thru Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers (governmental bureau basically) even allow it to be streamed.
KT's other games had to have steam enabled with no music too. It's very recent that they got paperwork done to stream their own music over PS4.

That government agency is so bureaucratic that composers have to pay them to play their own music at livehouse too, and I'm not kidding.

wow thats some red tape!

crinale

wow thats some red tape!

At least SE aren't seem to be shooting down let's plays on Japanese version on Youtube, so..
In bureau's defense government at least seem to be aware of importance of entertainment industry so I hope all laws and such gets ironed out to match up with current era.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Other than the camera feeling a bit herky jerky even after messing with settings, this really feels great to play. I just wish there was like some kind of sprint to close the gap between enemies quicker.

AgeEighty

That's weird, since they said it was her before.

Either way, their Japanese voices are super wrong.

Really? Where did they confirm this? I hope it's true; I loved her and Ricky equally in those roles.

EDIT: Just watched this trailer and though it's a brief clip, I'm relatively certain that is in fact Emma.

mattiewheels

Oh my god, what is that slime figure up there and where do I get one

The wording on that makes it sound like the composer specifically required that the game not be streamed because of his music. No other square enix game.has that kind of restriction..

Lynx_7

Really looking forward to playing this tomorrow if I can find a copy on my way to work. Otherwise I'll have to wait a little longer.

I'm surprised at how well received by critics this game has been. Currently sitting at 80 metacritic, probably the highest ever for a Musou style game. Considering how much I enjoyed HW, can't wait to try this one out.

Top Bottom