• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest III HD-2D is coming to PS5, Switch, Xbox Series and PC

Hudo

EN and JP wallpaper versions of today's DQ teaser.

GOkqK9Ma0AAwsz6

GOkqND_boAARBZw
I like "The Quest Begins" more.

Woopah

This was the game that I thought would be great test of how comtited to muktiplatform development SE is. So it looks like that commitment will be strong.

Hopefully it gets released this year, as the Japan market is sorely lacking in big titles for 2024.

StereoVsn

Curious that they did not specifically mention DQ3. Maybe Horii's tease about wanting to remake DQ1 and DQ2 in HD-2D style as well was actually more than a tease? That we'll get an HD-2D remake bundle of the first 3 DQ games?

Edit: Also: Happy DQ Day.
I don’t see this happening , but that would be pretty damn awesome.

Today lol.

Midori is basically saying that DQ3 HD-2D will be shown at the upcoming Nintendo Direct which is in June.

Edit: Or at the Xbox showcase since I've noticed that they mentioned a Windows Store version as well in that teaser.
Okay, so Square Enix will showcase it at the June Nintendo Direct, which makes a lot of sense if they plan on releasing it later this year (or perhaps early 2025).

StereoVsn

Why switch is currently being sold and sold a lot more .. 😱
Remakes / Remasters should also be quicker to produce and allow younger audiences to familiarize themselves with the franchises. At least that’s the theory.

The reality is quite different sometimes as can be witnessed by DQ 3 2D-3D Remake taking so many years.

Note that I don’t consider FFVII Remake in the same vein as it’s really a new game told from a different perspective.

near

Gold Member
Curious that they did not specifically mention DQ3. Maybe Horii's tease about wanting to remake DQ1 and DQ2 in HD-2D style as well was actually more than a tease? That we'll get an HD-2D remake bundle of the first 3 DQ games?

I really hope this is the case, it would be so cool to have the first three games in HD-2D.

iCodec

I wouldn’t be surprised; DQ3 gets a pass, but trying to sell 1 and 2 individually to folks would be tough.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
How many hours do you have in dq 11 and S?

I have 585 + hours in both. For a total of over 1000 hours. Every weapon, chest, item is mine.
I don't have that much time in it, but I have 370 in the 3DS version(which I flew to Japan just to buy), 200 in the PS4 version and about 250 in the Switch version, so you have me beat there.

Here are my credentials:

DW1 NES: Beat 2 times
DW1 GBC: Beat 2 times
DW2 NES: I got to Rhone and bailed because fuck that shit lmao
DW2 GBC: Beat 3 times
DW1 NES: Beat 1 time
DW3 SNES: Beat 4 times
DW4 NES: Beat 1 time
DQ4 PSX: Beat 1 time
DQ4 DS: Beat 1 time
DQ5 SFC: Beat 1 time
DQ5 DS: Beat 1 time
DQ6 SFC: Beat 1 time
DQ6 DS: Beat 1 time
DQ7 PSX: Beat 2 times
DQ7 3DS: Beat 1 time
DQ8 PS2: Beat 1 time
DQ9 JPN: Beat 1 time, about 200 hours logged
DQ9 ENG: Beat 1 time, 890 hours logged
DQX: Beat Ver1, working my way through Ver 2. About 200 hours logged
Already mentioned my DQ11 credentials above

In terms of spin offs, I've always played DQMs 1, 2, 3, CH, J, J2. I've played Torneko 1 and 2, Rocket Slime, Heroes, Kenshin. I spent about 100 bucks on playing Monster Battle Road Victory, and 500 dollars on fucking DQTact because I'm such a loser fan boy. Also, I cried when Hero was announced in Smash. I'm a Hero main (Erdrick Costume).

I also briefly worked on a fan translation of the PSX version of DQ4 before the project folded when the DS version was announced. I also made a Dragon Quest fan game. For my 30th birthday, I went to Japan so I could have my birthday dinner at Ruida's Tavern, a DQ-themed bar.

I also learned how to play piano just so I could play DQ music. Also, my username is a Dragon Quest IV reference.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
N NecrosaroIII based

Sadly I didn't have a DS in 2005 to play DQ Heroes Rocket Slime

I was a 10th grade MySpace emo kid.

If I could play it legally today I would.
So you are a fake fan. Ok. :goog_relieved:

Just kidding. Hope you get to play that game some day, it's been ages since I did but I remember it being very fun.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
I don't have that much time in it, but I have 370 in the 3DS version(which I flew to Japan just to buy), 200 in the PS4 version and about 250 in the Switch version, so you have me beat there.

Here are my credentials:

DW1 NES: Beat 2 times
DW1 GBC: Beat 2 times
DW2 NES: I got to Rhone and bailed because fuck that shit lmao
DW2 GBC: Beat 3 times
DW1 NES: Beat 1 time
DW3 SNES: Beat 4 times
DW4 NES: Beat 1 time
DQ4 PSX: Beat 1 time
DQ4 DS: Beat 1 time
DQ5 SFC: Beat 1 time
DQ5 DS: Beat 1 time
DQ6 SFC: Beat 1 time
DQ6 DS: Beat 1 time
DQ7 PSX: Beat 2 times
DQ7 3DS: Beat 1 time
DQ8 PS2: Beat 1 time
DQ9 JPN: Beat 1 time, about 200 hours logged
DQ9 ENG: Beat 1 time, 890 hours logged
DQX: Beat Ver1, working my way through Ver 2. About 200 hours logged
Already mentioned my DQ11 credentials above

In terms of spin offs, I've always played DQMs 1, 2, 3, CH, J, J2. I've played Torneko 1 and 2, Rocket Slime, Heroes, Kenshin. I spent about 100 bucks on playing Monster Battle Road Victory, and 500 dollars on fucking DQTact because I'm such a loser fan boy. Also, I cried when Hero was announced in Smash. I'm a Hero main (Erdrick Costume).

I also briefly worked on a fan translation of the PSX version of DQ4 before the project folded when the DS version was announced. I also made a Dragon Quest fan game. For my 30th birthday, I went to Japan so I could have my birthday dinner at Ruida's Tavern, a DQ-themed bar.

I also learned how to play piano just so I could play DQ music. Also, my username is a Dragon Quest IV reference.
Impressive. Im jealous. I think your the biggest dragon quest fan on here.

EviLore EviLore should change your tag.

I'll glady take my 2nd place fan title.

Last edited:
That would be very fair if all 3 games are on the cart. However this would probably be more like $80-100 considering FF I-VI pricing. Yes that has more games but they haven’t really been remade.
Huh? It’s one game. It’s a remake. I’m saying something like this on this scale would never be shadow-dropped

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Huh? It’s one game. It’s a remake. I’m saying something like this on this scale would never be shadow-dropped

Reputable leader says it's now a remake of 1-3 on Twitter.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Hope they're right! It was already going to be an insta-buy, but if it's all three it's like three insta-buys.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Damn, this is getting better!

Hopefully they're not very far apart in terms of release.

Top Bottom