• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI Release date announcement stream happening on April 11 [over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guymelef

Probably ~ 30 fps, 1080p with some frame drops. Lower quality effects. Will be fun to play in portable mode.

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 is 900p on PS4 and sometimes below 30fps. So maybe people should keep expectations low for Switch version.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I still think all 3 versions will be out at the same time. Unless they think alot of 3DS/portable buyera would be willing to upgrade and double-dip for the Switch version 6-12month later.

hoserx

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 is 900p on PS4 and sometimes below 30fps. So maybe people should keep expectations low for Switch version.

I'm just basing this on DQ Heroes being 1080p for some reason. The performance isn't that great, yet they didn't choose to drop resolution. I'd prefer anything that kept the framerate stable.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm just basing this on DQ Heroes being 1080p for some reason. The performance isn't that great, yet they didn't choose to drop resolution. I'd prefer anything that kept the framerate stable.

The games arent developed by the same studios and i doubt SE would be fine with a Switch version running at a much worse framerate than the 3DS/PS4 version. BUt we will see....

AerialAir

Banned
September 2017 in Japan (PS4/3DS), Q1 2018 in the West(PS4/Switch).

I actually think this might be pretty accurate and very pleasing to all JRPG fans, enough time to finish everything from Q1 2017(+P5&NNK2), not too far away from keeping us from having constant Japan goodness.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Doubt they'll be able to release it before their anniversary year ends, late July to early September might be realistic (on PS4/3DS). Maybe early next year for Switch?

I wonder how the Western release will turn out. I'm sure there will be one, but if it needs Nintendo again to bring this over, it'd be Switch/3DS only. On the other hand, if SquareEnix will localize this I fear we'll lose the 3DS version. Not expecting this before the end of next year in the West, though.

This and Ni No Kuni 2 (assuming it comes out this year) will be a fantastic year for classic style JRPG's. They look like ps1/ps2 generation games made for current platforms which I yearn for.

The look of these games is infinitely more appealing to me than something like FF15, which is somewhat ironic given it was the ps1 FF's that I spent the majority of my childhood playing.

Good to see that is close to release.

I hope we get some news of a possible western release soon.

According to DigitalFoundry it runs at 1080p almost locked 30fps on the base model. But it has frame pacing issues.

A simultaneous WW release sounds like a pipe dream.
I don't doubt it will release in the West, but I'd never expect it to release at the same time as Japan.

I wasn't talking about a simultaneous release date in the west with Japan, but the simultaneous release of the three versions of the game in the west.

Kanann

For those who want to bet a release date (for 3DS and PS4 at least)

Main
May = DQX 3.5.5
June = FFXIV next expansion
July = FFXIIHD
Late July/August = DQX 3.5.9 (END!, big event!, "You gonna skip all of your schedule/vacations for this!" -Saito Yosuke- does he mean DQXI release after the ending of DQX v3?)

Sub
August/September = DQX PS4 beta test
^Later = DQX Switch beta test

Main 2
Autumn~Winter = Dragon Quest X next expansion

Fill DQXI here some date you find it reasonable.

DKHF

For those who want to bet a release date (for 3DS and PS4 at least)

Main
May = DQX 3.5.5
June = FFXIV next expansion
July = FFXIIHD
Late July/August = DQX 3.5.9 (END!, big event!, "You gonna skip all of your schedule/vacations for this!" -Saito Yosuke- does he mean DQXI release after the ending of DQX v3?)

Sub
August/September = DQX PS4 beta test
^Later = DQX Switch beta test

Main 2
Autumn~Winter = Dragon Quest X next expansion

Fill DQXI here some date you find it reasonable.
I'll guess a specific date: 7 September.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
60k Disgaea 5. Believe!

Argh. I knew you would've said that. Horii, don't make me look even more like a fool, come on :|

The mistery still stands about what that post from the blog was, since it turned out to be inaccurate on several levels. I fear it was probably its own specific store's preorders/shipments ratio, but we've extrapolated thinking it were one of its classic leaks

ys45

I just hope they don't localize it 3 years later like they did with DQ7 .

But I think the PS4 version has good chances to make it here, since they released DQ Heroes and Builders in English.

Next year would be perfect, this year is already too crowded with awesome games anyway.

zeromcd73

Is it only an announcement? There's no gameplay clips or anything?
発表会では、発売日情報だけではなく様々な新情報をお届けしますのでお楽しみに!

Not just the release date but loads of new info!

Hoping for Fall this year. The beginning of 2017 has been bananas, but there's far fewer games I want to play on the back half...

Atram

I just hope they don't localize it 3 years later like they did with DQ7 .

But I think the PS4 version has good chances to make it here, since they released DQ Heroes and Builders in English.

Next year would be perfect, this year is already too crowded with awesome games anyway.

They also released DQVII in all Langues and DQVIII both for 3DS...

ys45

They also released DQVII in all Langues and DQVIII both for 3DS...

Yeah when I said DQ7 I meant the one on 3ds, sorry :p
And yeah I forgot the mention VIII also

So from what I see, all main DQ games has been localized the past years (except 10).

Raw64life

People thinking this has any shot of a western release in 2017 are clearly unfamiliar with how SE handles Dragon Quest in the west.

deleted

Didn't know that. My point still stands, there's no way to compare dq ports with a dqxi port.

All things considered, it might turn out better, since UE4 is fully supported on the Switch.
Sure, there will be significant differences between Switch and PS4, but I'm relatively positive that it will at least run better than DQH2.

Tanston

I wish they would at least confirm officially that it's coming west. It's pretty much a sure thing at this point but official confirmation would be really nice.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Yeah I think its incredibly likely the Switch version will be later.

ranmafan

Finally just a few weeks to wait for the date to be unveiled. Hoping it's this summer sometime. Cannot wait for it!

Mario007

All things considered, it might turn out better, since UE4 is fully supported on the Switch.
Sure, there will be significant differences between Switch and PS4, but I'm relatively positive that it will at least run better than DQH2.
My phone supports UE4 and I can tell uou that a DQXI port on it would run much much worse than the ps4 version. Engine support is nice but it's not a huge determining factor here.

georly

UE4 on your phone =/= UE4 on a proper video game console.

Citation needed, because i'm pretty sure that's not true.

Unless you're strictly talking in terms of power, in which case, sure, but then UE4 on a 5 year old pc is not the same as UE4 on a current PC either.

LordKano

Citation needed, because i'm pretty sure that's not true.

UE4 on phone is a mobile version of UE4. It's still technically called UE4, but it's not used the same way and doesn't reflect the same performance as UE4. That's why you can have UE4 games on a device less powerful than, say, a Wii U, which wasn't UE4-compatible.
Documentation is different too : https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Platforms/Mobile/ , https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Platforms/Mobile/Performance/

NoKisum

Why not announce the date now? Does Square Enix lack so much confidence in its Japanese market (where it's literally booming anytime DQ merch is sold) that they have to make announcement of an announcement? Does SE think no one will notice if they just announce the date now?

georly

UE4 on phone is a mobile version of UE4. It's still technically called UE4, but it's not used the same way and doesn't reflect the same performance as UE4. That's why you can have UE4 games on a device less powerful than, say, a Wii U, which wasn't UE4-compatible.
Documentation is different too : https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Platforms/Mobile/ , https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Platforms/Mobile/Performance/

isn't the code just as portable, though? How is the difference between mobile UE4 and console UE4 any greater than console to PC UE4? Obviously the backend parts have to be tailored for mobile, but it's still "UE4" and the mobile part is just a label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom