• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DragonBall Z: Battle of Z |OT| PLEASE, GIVE ME YOUR ENERGY!

So how do you guys feel about the fact that you can't transform, or that you have to wait weeks in order to have a chance at getting the platinum trophy because of those weekly cards that are required?

Also, what's this I'm reading about only being able to use an ultimate attack 3x a week?

That coupled with omitting the two characters I looked forward to fighting against makes this a pretty poor dbz game, and one that from the sound of it should have been cheaper or free to play.

Alchemy

I have everything but LSS Broly... fffffffffffuuuuuu. How the hell did I unlock God Goku and Beerus on my first shot but I can't handle Broly.?

I have everything but LSS Broly... fffffffffffuuuuuu. How the hell did I unlock God Goku and Beerus on my first shot but I can't handle Broly.?

That mission is tough and broly hits the hardest in the game. Not to mention you have to S rank the mission. its really really hard without some good co oping friends.

Omni

Use the "Apple from the tree of might" card to boost your stats a bit. Grab fat Buu and #18 (or Whis) as support + an interfere/melee team mate to keep those Saibermen as at bay (I used Mystic Gohan). All level 10, of course.

Then just go to town on Broly with the strongest character you have. I used SSJGod Goku because he's so fast that random blasts by the hundreds of Saibermen won't hit you as you wait for a downed Broly to stand back up. As long as you don't stop moving, you're okay. Don't even bother to focus on anything else

Tsunamo

Finally beat all missions with a A/S/SS rank to unlock all characters, it was good fun. I'm not too sure if I'll go for platinum given it requires patience, a bunch of grinding and online (which I always have trouble with on games) but I enjoyed all of what I played up until now and hope Artdink get the chance to come back to the formula in Battle of Z and improve on it with a sequel.
Ffs, how the fuck none of my teammates revive someone? So freakin annoying to see that countdown while 2 of my teammates are just standing next to me. Freakin AI.
They seem to be more prominent in doing it rather than just standing around when you get their partner rank higher but it's still annoying seeing as how the game is based around multiple characters in each battle.

Alchemy

Use the "Apple from the tree of might" card to boost your stats a bit. Grab fat Buu and #18 (or Whis) as support + an interfere/melee team mate to keep those Saibermen as at bay (I used Mystic Gohan). All level 10, of course.

Then just go to town on Broly with the strongest character you have. I used SSJGod Goku because he's so fast that random blasts by the hundreds of Saibermen won't hit you as you wait for a downed Broly to stand back up. As long as you don't stop moving, you're okay. Don't even bother to focus on anything else

I've been trying to clear out the Saibamen for the bonus points, but it probably isn't worth extending the time for my partners to die while doing it eh?

TCKaos

Took the day and went ahead and S-Ranked all but a few missions and unlocked every character (except for Cell Jr. for some reason). I was enthralled with what little there was, but there's just not enough content in there for me. The multiplayer would be the endgame but seeing as 9/10 connections are horrible and constantly syncing regardless of the quality it's shown to have in the menu I've taken to simply avoiding it.

Like a hundred more wacky co-op missions and more bosses with different patterns would be awesome.

What I did was go as SSJ3 Goku with the sword card that boost attack for 3 mins and I had a card that increases your attack every time you knock out an opponent. I had 3 #18 as support so they can just focus on healing me and what I did was go after the Saibamen's until I got the points for knocking out 25 of them. Then after that I just pummeled Broly until I won.

Alchemy

What I did was go as SSJ3 Goku with the sword card that boost attack for 3 mins and I had a card that increases your attack every time you knock out an opponent. I had 3 #18 as support so they can just focus on healing me and what I did was go after the Saibamen's until I got the points for knocking out 25 of them. Then after that I just pummeled Broly until I won.

I did something similar, but with God Goku and only pulled an A Rank because I think my partners died. I did a run this morning with a Fat Buu and 2x Whis and just went straight to murdering Broly and got the time bonus. Still only an A rank.

I'm preferring Whis over 18 right now simply due to survivability. I might switch back to SSJ3 Goku (prefer his specials over GGoku) and try to Saibamen route again. Honestly have no idea what to do. Killing Broly is easy, I guess I just need the Saibamen bonus and to do it faster?

TCKaos

The Broly fight is pretty easy if you know what you're doing, and should be even more so with SSJG Goku.

Alright, get all of your amazing cards and put them on Goku. I've got Dende's Miracle for Health and Melee and I'd recommend getting either a Fruit from the Tree of Might or a Senzu Bean as your item.

Your partner should be 3 Level 10 Android 18s with the best cards you can give them.

As soon as the mission starts just gun it straight for Broly. SSJG Goku is fast enough that the Saibamen won't be able to hit him if you just move straight for him. I was able to lure Broly in to a series of caves and just fucking wail on him in there until he transformed, at which point I just repeated the process. Hopefully the 18s will heal you along the way.

I did it with SSJ3 Goku, so if you've got God Goku you should be fine.

Alchemy

The Broly fight is pretty easy if you know what you're doing, and should be even more so with SSJG Goku.

Alright, get all of your amazing cards and put them on Goku. I've got Dende's Miracle for Health and Melee and I'd recommend getting either a Fruit from the Tree of Might or a Senzu Bean as your item.

Your partner should be 3 Level 10 Android 18s with the best cards you can give them.

As soon as the mission starts just gun it straight for Broly. SSJG Goku is fast enough that the Saibamen won't be able to hit him if you just move straight for him. I was able to lure Broly in to a series of caves and just fucking wail on him in there until he transformed, at which point I just repeated the process. Hopefully the 18s will heal you along the way.

I did it with SSJ3 Goku, so if you've got God Goku you should be fine.

Beating the mission is easy, its just I keep landing A ranks every time. Burning Broly down fast is really easy. Just can't get the bloody S. Think I'm just cursed.

suikoden352

Neo Member
i rented this yesterday. still getting used to the controls and how the systems work, but it's growing on me. i like it better though when i'm playing with other players, but i couldn't seem to find anyone online yesterday afternoon/evening outside of ppl doing upper level missions and with characters way more powerful than mine so that bummed me out. sortof wish vegito was the special that came in every box instead of naruto costume but ohwell. i take what i can get. MasterShake352 on xbox if anyone wants to play though i don't remember where my headset is and usually never have it plugged in anyways as i just like to play so just know that ahead of time if you decide to play online with me. nothin against voice chat. i just don't play enough multiplayer stuff to care about voice chat as much as i used to.

Omni

I did something similar, but with God Goku and only pulled an A Rank because I think my partners died. I did a run this morning with a Fat Buu and 2x Whis and just went straight to murdering Broly and got the time bonus. Still only an A rank.

I'm preferring Whis over 18 right now simply due to survivability. I might switch back to SSJ3 Goku (prefer his specials over GGoku) and try to Saibamen route again. Honestly have no idea what to do. Killing Broly is easy, I guess I just need the Saibamen bonus and to do it faster?
I didn't kill any Saibamen when I did it and got an S rank.

Have you tried just going for a Z rank and using a character's ultimate? Just make sure you have an interfere AI type for it, otherwise you'll be dead in an instant. :lol

With my setup I can pretty much knockout a Saibamen in two hits. Melee wise I think SSJ3 Goku is stronger the God Goku. God Goku is just faster and has a better Ki blast stat but for straight up melee, I would go with SSJ3 Goku.

Jarate

Banned
Use Angry Frieza, he's da best rushdown in the game, and his combo is real

Throw in 2 18's and a Super Buu and you're golden

Alchemy

With my setup I can pretty much knockout a Saibamen in two hits. Melee wise I think SSJ3 Goku is stronger the God Goku. God Goku is just faster and has a better Ki blast stat but for straight up melee, I would go with SSJ3 Goku.

Most of the Saibamen I was able to kill with a single L+Square special on SSJ3 Goku, I just spammed that like a mad man and cleaned them up. Whenever I get home from work I'm probably going to try that again.

Alchemy

Yeeeeees. S Ranked Broly finally, used SSJ3 Goku, 1 Fat Buu, and 2 Whis. Had the card that upped power on knock down opponents, burned through the Saibamen, and crushed Broly. Had a Whis get KO'd twice but revived by partners during the fight, saving my ass. Finally!

Yeeeeees. S Ranked Broly finally, used SSJ3 Goku, 1 Fat Buu, and 2 Whis. Had the card that upped power on knock down opponents, burned through the Saibamen, and crushed Broly. Had a Whis get KO'd twice but revived by partners during the fight, saving my ass. Finally!

Congrats!

Alchemy

One of Broly's special attacks is this huge swing that kills pretty much everything in one hit except for Buu/Cooler/Super Saibaman.

Yeah, I would consistently burn through the Saibamen for the bonus, KO Broly, and have LS Broly murder my team in one attack killing my rank for the battle. I ended up saving energy for special moves just so I could abuse the invincibility during that attack, not even worrying about doing damage with it.

Nekobo

Since this is on sale this week, I'm tempted to get the Vita version. How well does it hold up compared to the PS3 version? Should I just get it for the PS3 instead?

TCKaos

guess i'll just assume this game sucks since the OT is so dead lol

Sort of. The game is fairly short and can be finished in a weekend. There isn't any mode where you can pick a team and make an AI team to fight - you have to play the campaign missions over and over again.

The online multiplayer is entirely and irrevocably broken in such a way that renders it entirely unplayable due to how horrible the lag is.

Top Bottom