• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DragonBall Z: Battle of Z |OT| PLEASE, GIVE ME YOUR ENERGY!

Tsunamo

Cell is kicking my ass, his AoE attack pretty much instant kills my entire party everytime he uses it. Keep failing from my party dying -.-

Also, I'm not sure how items really work. They're all one time use right? I bought Nimbus at one point but it vanished so now I'm afraid to buy anything but cards.
Cell was probably one of the hardest battles in the game for me until the last couple of missions in the game, it was rediculously difficult and I only just made on a whim of HP with no revivals left.

All I can really suggest is leveling up your partner levels by doing more missions with them and customising them with as many items as you can (and yourself) to buff up their stats, it makes a world of difference in battles like those.
IIRC bandai namco said they wont put the dlc characters online. Japan just got their dlc put on the store so it just sucks even more! i want to play as vegito!
Yeah it's awful that regions that didn't even get the option of being able to get them via pre-order don't get given the option to get them via PSN especially when they're in a few normal missions in the game as enemys. (excluding Naruto Goku)

I can't beat Cell at all...
I'm using SSJ Goku, SSJ Trunks, SSJ Teen Gohan and Krillin.

I mean... I'm not the one who is dying constantly. It's my team mates. I got Perfect Cell down to like three pixels of health left and then Krillin dies and game over. Gaaah. I'll keep trying I guess

Can you use #18 in this fight? If you can I would use her over SSJ gohan

ohNOitsRO

IIRC bandai namco said they wont put the dlc characters online. Japan just got their dlc put on the store so it just sucks even more! i want to play as vegito!

This is so dumb.. What POSSIBLE reason could they have where releasing this content would result as a negative? Can someone explain financially how they would lose out if they released the DLC and not a single person bought it? It can't possibly cost that much (if anything?) to put digital content that's already made on the store right?

Namco suck my American di-- oh, wait region lock

I can't beat Cell at all...
I'm using SSJ Goku, SSJ Trunks, SSJ Teen Gohan and Krillin.

I mean... I'm not the one who is dying constantly. It's my team mates. I got Perfect Cell down to like three pixels of health left and then Krillin dies and game over. Gaaah. I'll keep trying I guess

I used four Super Trunks' to beat him. Just kept doing Maximum Blow and eventually got SS on my first try.

He's playable. Whis is, too.

Dragon-Ball-Z-Battle-of-Z-Characters.jpg

I don't understand why Super Vegeto is DLC... and why they didn't use Gogeta at all. He should have been DLC...

Omni

Can you use #18 in this fight? If you can I would use her over SSJ gohan

Couldn't use her in that fight IIRC. But I got past it anyway.

Partied up with some people, who I can only assume are from Japan judging from their GTs, last night. Took like four hours but we finally unlocked SSJ2 + 3 Goku among other characters. God damn he's a beast

I think I'll be trying to unlock SSJ God next. But I think that's going to take a while. Those special age missions are really hard :3

BTHR Zero X

Couldn't use her in that fight IIRC. But I got past it anyway.

If you play with someone who has unlocked Free Mode, you can use any Character in any mission (excluding 1, 2, 3, and 45) So even if you haven't beated then game you can have the advantage of using everyone you have on mission where you need them

Got this on Vita from the PLAY sale... I guess it's kinda fun... wish it came with the PS3 version as well like with other games but oh well, I'm cool playing it on just my Vita until I can get the PS3 version for like $10.

ajim

Hows the Vita version compare to the consoles? I really wanna jump in on the Vita version, but not if its not as good...

Tsunamo

Hows the Vita version compare to the consoles? I really wanna jump in on the Vita version, but not if its not as good...
It's more jagged/blurry due to the game being non-native res but in terms of controls and framerate (although it does have a few rare drops) it's pretty close to the console versions for the mostpart. (imo)

You can always give the demo a try so you have a firsthand experience of how it is on the Vita.

Omni

Holy crap, the missions after the Buu Saga are crazy. Getting steam rolled.

Yah. I'm trying to do mission 55 now...

The problem is that once you've got rid of Vegeta, Buu comes out and absolutely destroys you while Cell and Frieza sit back and harass. Pretty sure I did this mission coop before I had unlocked it and got an S rank... but alas. Now that I'm up to it, I can't.

Alchemy

I think I'm missing something, because using an Ultimate is impossible. I die before I can ever get the thing charged.

Alchemy

Can't S rank mission 49 for the life of me. A everytime. Just barely managed to get SSJ3 Goku though, maybe he can turn the tide.

I don't understand why Super Vegeto is DLC... and why they didn't use Gogeta at all. He should have been DLC...

Do you really not understand?

It's typical scamco they release a game with a obviously nuetured roster and if it does good numbes they pump out a sequel on the same engine quick time with the same roster 10 more characters and some what if missions. They repeat that until

A. Series stops selling
B. Roster is complete

At which point they move to a new style of game and start again.

Dereck

Do you really not understand?

It's typical scamco they release a game with a obviously nuetured roster and if it does good numbes they pump out a sequel on the same engine quick time with the same roster 10 more characters and some what if missions. They repeat that until

A. Series stops selling
B. Roster is complete

At which point they move to a new style of game and start again.
Same Scamco strategy since Budokai 1.

Omni

So ummm... I just paid $45 for Super Vegito and SSJ Bardock.
God damnit.
I just see the few select people who have those characters in lobbies and get jelly. For all I know, they're terrible characters. But I can't help myself.

In other news, I've almost unlocked every character in the game. Put some serious hours into it. Just have SSJ3 Gotenks and Cooler final form to go. Oh and LSSJ Broly... Which is more difficult than the Bills and Whis mission haha. Those Saiberman really kick my ass

Omni

You do know they are getting released on PSN right? I mean JPN has them already for download at around €4 each.

I'm on Xbox. But it wasn't as bad as it sounds haha. I had a $30 voucher that was just sitting around doing nothing. So I essentially paid $15 (which is still pretty awful, I admit.)

Raxious

So how do you guys feel about the fact that you can't transform, or that you have to wait weeks in order to have a chance at getting the platinum trophy because of those weekly cards that are required?

Also, what's this I'm reading about only being able to use an ultimate attack 3x a week?

Alchemy

So how do you guys feel about the fact that you can't transform, or that you have to wait weeks in order to have a chance at getting the platinum trophy because of those weekly cards that are required?

Also, what's this I'm reading about only being able to use an ultimate attack 3x a week?

The transforming thing is weird, but I'm good with them being different characters since I'm obsessed with unlocking everything. The trophy thing sucks for people who are into trophies, but it doesn't impact me.

And I'm not sure about the ultimate thing since I never use ultimates. Pretty sure you can just keep buying the item you need to use ultimates as long as you have the currency.

Yeah only 3 per week

Omni

Unless you're trying to get Z ratings, using ultimates is pretty underwhelming anyway. Doesn't help that they all have the same animation

The transforming thing is weird, but I'm good with them being different characters since I'm obsessed with unlocking everything. The trophy thing sucks for people who are into trophies, but it doesn't impact me.

And I'm not sure about the ultimate thing since I never use ultimates. Pretty sure you can just keep buying the item you need to use ultimates as long as you have the currency.

You can but you can only buy 3 a week. its to prevent people from abusing them and beating missions so easily. I am currently on the last achievement which is to collect all the cards XD That wont be completed for at least 3 more weeks worth of the "weekly line up" change. speaking of which it just changed for anyone who wants to see the new cards =) Porunga's wish is quite amazing for those who need alot of PP and dont have so much time to play.

Alchemy

You can but you can only buy 3 a week. its to prevent people from abusing them and beating missions so easily. I am currently on the last achievement which is to collect all the cards XD That wont be completed for at least 3 more weeks worth of the "weekly line up" change. speaking of which it just changed for anyone who wants to see the new cards =) Porunga's wish is quite amazing for those who need alot of PP and dont have so much time to play.

Didn't know that, that is pretty weak. Then again I was never hot on the idea of ultimate moves being an item in the first place.

Raxious

Tried the demo again seeing as I was considering buying it. Decided not to after playing a dozen of online matches. The latency is horrible, 9/10 matches people either had yellow bars, red bars or no bars at all. Even Ultimate Ninja Storm didn't have so much issues.

It's a shame though, I was kinda starting to like the game.

Revven

Tried the demo again seeing as I was considering buying it. Decided not to after playing a dozen of online matches. The latency is horrible, 9/10 matches people either had yellow bars, red bars or no bars at all. Even Ultimate Ninja Storm didn't have so much issues.

It's a shame though, I was kinda starting to like the game.

In my experience in Co-op so far the game's not been that laggy at all. I can play pretty fine in rooms with two-three (full) bars. Haven't tried PvP/Battle Mode though in the retail release -- in the demo it varied between non-laggy and laggy games.

Hey GAF

How do you follow up with rushing type moves like Kaioken? It seems I can only charge the attack and hit them once (guard breaking them). Cant you do a few more combo hits? Or maybe even chain into a burst rush?

Hey GAF

How do you follow up with rushing type moves like Kaioken? It seems I can only charge the attack and hit them once (guard breaking them). Cant you do a few more combo hits? Or maybe even chain into a burst rush?

You just hit the button that triggers the move again after the hit. Kaioken and similar moves usually only have one follow up hit. Cooler(Final form) has 3 hits however.

I usually just spam the button xD

Hey guys here's some random thoughts.

Initially I thought this game was pure ass. I was thinking about it from a pure fighting game perspective. It wasn't until I saw a video on YouTube that explains the differences between character types (melee, ki blast, support) and how it ties into the team based strategy of it all. With that in mind, the game made sense.

As for the combat. It's not SF deep but not mash triangle to win either. One thing I don't see people doing is extending their combos. For example (with base Goku) triangle x5 then L1+x, while they are stunned continue a attack string into either a rush L1+triangle or special L1+o. During rush attacks, while they are flying across screen I like to charge kaioken and release it when they get close. It does decent damage. I also think you can guard cancel attacks in the attack string like in the BT3 games.

Also, why the hell are there only dub voices in the vita version? Has namco offered any explanation for that? That's what kept me from buying it (hey I grew up with OG Goku and can't stand the dub voices)

All in all, I think this a decent game and I'm having fun playing this. Hopefully they can make improvements in the sequel. Also, this really should have been cross buy with vita. Smh.

Skyzard

Banned
^ yeah they should have explained this better in-game imo:
Initially I thought this game was pure ass. I was thinking about it from a pure fighting game perspective. It wasn't until I saw a video on YouTube that explains the differences between character types (melee, ki blast, support) and how it ties into the team based strategy of it all. With that in mind, the game made sense.

Omni

Actually just picked up the game on 360. GT: TCKaos.

I only just started, though. Cut me some slack.

If you need any help, I'm happy to lend a hand. I've unlocked every character and passed pretty much every mission with at least an S solo. It's harder online, but if you need I'm down for it.

My GT is randomrosso93.

This game is way more fun that I though it would be, I was looking for the OT a few days ago - wonder why I couldn't find it... Anyway I'm fairly addicted to this game.

Also - Is there a way to combat Sparkling Body + Auto Guard Legendary Broly? because I can't seem to find one...

EDIT :
Also I'm playing on PS3. PSN: CerebralOmega-S
Feel free to add me.

Raxious

In my experience in Co-op so far the game's not been that laggy at all. I can play pretty fine in rooms with two-three (full) bars. Haven't tried PvP/Battle Mode though in the retail release -- in the demo it varied between non-laggy and laggy games.

Just bought the game, hope it'll keep me entertained.

Raxious

Ffs, how the fuck none of my teammates revive someone? So freakin annoying to see that countdown while 2 of my teammates are just standing next to me. Freakin AI.

Omni

Wow. I just used the Apple from the Tree of Might item thing and it bought SSJG Goku's power level to ~2800. Coupled with the "all abilities are stronger in the air" card and I absolutely dominated LSSJ Broly without losing half of my health

I don't like 3 per week limit, though. If you've got the DP, why shouldn't you be able to buy more?

Alchemy

Wow. I just used the Apple from the Tree of Might item thing and it bought SSJG Goku's power level to ~2800. Coupled with the "all abilities are stronger in the air" card and I absolutely dominated LSSJ Broly without losing half of my health

I don't like 3 per week limit, though. If you've got the DP, why shouldn't you be able to buy more?

I still need to S Rank Broly, seems to be the only thing I'm stuck on.

Top Bottom