• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DragonBall Z: Battle of Z |OT| PLEASE, GIVE ME YOUR ENERGY!

Jarate

Banned
just got to this part and omg its so dumb. killing the cell jrs, perfect cell, and then super perfect cell is just not fair!
Once you beat it youll feel awesome

Then try S ranking it to get SSJ2 Gohan

Also, 18 is the best support character in the game by far.

Ive been maining Angry Cell, Evill Buu and 2 18s for my team

Rnr1224

Once you beat it youll feel awesome

Then try S ranking it to get SSJ2 Gohan

Also, 18 is the best support character in the game by far.

Ive been maining Angry Cell, Evill Buu and 2 18s for my team

yeah i wish i could use 18 but she isnt available sadly!

Jarate

Banned
Im enjoying this game so far a little too much

Best Melee class ive unlocked has been Majin Vegeta

Best Ki character is Evil Buu

And the best support is 18

Im still not sure the purpose of interfere type, so idk about those

Omni

This game comes out tomorrow in Australia.

So what's the verdict? Is it worth picking up? Last Dragon Ball Z game I played was Budokai 3 HD

Maybe I'm the only enjoying how simple this game is, too intimidate to play online but I did during the demo period and loved it.

Great game, playing on Vita atm.

Jarate

Banned
This game comes out tomorrow in Australia.

So what's the verdict? Is it worth picking up? Last Dragon Ball Z game I played was Budokai 3 HD
Its as good as Bukokai 3 I would say, if not better due to the bro-op and such

Its a fun ass game, Idk how long the online will last, but right now its heavily active

Man. Wake me up when we get an updated Tenk 3 roster with Bills. I wanted this game to be that so bad as I am starved for an awesome DBZ game with a boss roster. These Naruto games and T3 has spoiled me rottin.

RE_Player

Having a blast with this on Vita. It's no Budokai 3 but after the abuse Dragon Ball Z fans have received in the gaming realm this is a delight.

Constantly surprised at how good it looks and runs on Vita too.

Rnr1224

Having a blast with this on Vita. It's no Budokai 3 but after the abuse Dragon Ball Z fans have received in the gaming realm this is a delight.

Constantly surprised at how good it looks and runs on Vita too.

Im loving it as well. Only complaint is the online is mostly laggy. Not all matches but most of them

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I didn't get to fight online, except waiting in a room to play others. I was checking out profiles and it seems you're at a much higher advantage if you've completed the game. I was just starting the Frieza saga when I joined and I came in to battle and I'm queued against God Goku with his stat cards way beyond my level. Wtf? lol I just left the lobby and called it a night.

I wonder, is the quote by Goku "body, don't fail me now" new to just the video games? I don't remember him ever saying that.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0fLwqidFhU found it. It was during the Kaioken days, which I haven't seen in years.

This mission is not fair at all.
Not fair.
I managed to beat it with an A rank! I used Super Teen Gohan, Super Vegeta, Super Goku and Super Trunks(Swords).
I had to keep reviving them in Cells 2nd phase so that I don't get mission fail. It's cheap that the villains can teleport out of Gohan's Explosive Wave :[

I managed to beat it with an A rank! I used Super Teen Gohan, Super Vegeta, Super Goku and Super Trunks(Swords).
I had to keep reviving them in Cells 2nd phase so that I don't get mission fail. It's cheap that the villains can teleport out of Gohan's Explosive Wave :[

The main problem with your strategy is that your trying to stack a team uneven =P You have to have a healer or 2 with a high cpu level if you want to have a easier time against ridiculous OP AI like perfect cell, kid buu and the later another age missions. This game is based on teamwork. Stacking a team full of the strongest fighters isnt really going to end well for you unless you like losing a million times x.x

The harder missions in the game give the AI ridiculous advantages since you are a team of 4 that could potentially be 4 Humans. So the AI has to be just broken enough to provide a challenge.

Jarate

Banned
Also, while the cards are nice to have for mission and such, I usually immediately turn them off when hosting. It balances the game really well actually

Angry Frieza is so fun to use. He has sone awesome ass combos you can do. I might make some videos to show off the combos ive found in this game.

They also need to reward points for healing. Healers dont get kills, so its stupid to see the scoreboards at the end.

Also, I have yet to find an interfere type thats useful, other then Dabura. You can do some awesome team combos with his spit attack

The main problem with your strategy is that your trying to stack a team uneven =P You have to have a healer or 2 with a high cpu level if you want to have a easier time against ridiculous OP AI like perfect cell, kid buu and the later another age missions. This game is based on teamwork. Stacking a team full of the strongest fighters isnt really going to end well for you unless you like losing a million times x.x

The harder missions in the game give the AI ridiculous advantages since you are a team of 4 that could potentially be 4 Humans. So the AI has to be just broken enough to provide a challenge.
I know it's not balanced, I was using them to raise their partner ranks. I really hate it when a CPU is next to me and won't revive me :(

Also if you're having trouble getting a higher rank press Triangle on the score screen after the mission to see the requirements for Bonus Points.

Tusk

I'm having alot of fun with this game. :p Bosses are kinda tough, but that's not so bad.
This game got me to watch that super saiyen god movie. Was pretty good.
Never heard Gokus JP voice though till then. That caught me off guard.

is there any other support type characters that helps recover energy?
Krillin, Jeice, Ginyu, Teen Gohan, SS Teen Gohan, Android 17, Android 18, SS Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Majin Buu, Evil Buu. These are the characters(I have unlocked) with a HP healing attack.
Android 18 is the one that has helped the most

I'm so confused. Isn't Evil Buu in this game supposed to be Super Buu? Isn't Evil Buu the gray skinny one?

Jarate

Banned
I take back everything ive said, Angry Frieza is the best melee character ive used so far.

Ill make a video of some cool meta I foubd tomorrow too.

Jarate

Banned
Krillin, Jeice, Ginyu, Teen Gohan, SS Teen Gohan, Android 17, Android 18, SS Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Majin Buu, Evil Buu. These are the characters(I have unlocked) with a HP healing attack.
Android 18 is the one that has helped the most

I'm so confused. Isn't Evil Buu in this game supposed to be Super Buu? Isn't Evil Buu the gray skinny one?

Evil Bui is the grey one, youll unlock Super Buu later

I gotta try SS God Goku, and Bills, just unlocked them

No Tapion is disappointing. How's Tien in the game?

May wait for this to drop a bit before I pick it up.

Tien is pretty good. A lot of chars some people write off actually turned out useful. I like the balance of this game much more than tenkaichi / raging blast. Those games it was all about broken customization on the fastest strongest chars lol. I dont get the point of a huge roster like those games if people only use 7 characters in the meta game.

Tien is pretty good. A lot of chars some people write off actually turned out useful. I like the balance of this game much more than tenkaichi / raging blast. Those games it was all about broken customization on the fastest strongest chars lol. I dont get the point of a huge roster like those games if people only use 7 characters in the meta game.

Thank you! Also I agree. People simply gravitate to the strongest, Brolly, or Vegetto, SS3 Goku, etc. The other guys are a blast to use. Hell, in Ultimate Battle 22, no one could beat me when I picked Tien (even if he had some cheap stuff in it. heh)

I've been enjoying this game. It has potential to be something really fun if they continue to give us missions. Had a great time with a coop team against Meta Cooler Core, very boss fight-y. My one complaint is a lack of support types. They did a decent job trying with some of them with support dual types (17 etc).

Ah okay. SSJ2 Goku is a beast too. Dat Instant Transmission.

Man how I love instant transmission.

Are all you guys enjoying the game so far? Maybe I'll pick it up earlier. Does anyone here have Vegetto? Also, is it just Super Vegetto or can you play as him with Black hair Non-Super Saiyan?

Mafusto

Play as a character with an ultimate, have the item that unlocks it, get to full energy, activate it, then stand there and button mash until you power it up while getting wailed on.

Thanks. I fiddled around with normal Goku and tried different things like max Energy + full ki-bar but nothing seemed to work. I didn't expect it would take a special item for it to activate...

Thanks. I fiddled around with normal Goku and tried different things like max Energy + full ki-bar but nothing seemed to work. I didn't expect it would take a special item for it to activate...

The reason it takes an Item to activate is because you win the game if you launch your ultimate. The only way to beat an ultimate attack is to KO the person charging it. however the person charging the ultimate can be healed, gifted energy and protected by the 3 remaining members of his team. Its actually very interesting situation =)

The item you need is the ultimate jewel. you can only buy it 3 times a week from the premium collection.

Revven

I'm still on the fence on buying this for PS3. It's $60 and I don't really see the amount of content justifies the $60 -- I enjoyed the demo but that's partly because it was free. I'm worried if I buy it, I won't really play it a whole lot once I finish the single player and play the MP for like a week.

Those of you who have it, is it really that much fun to play for hours? Or, only in one hour spurts?

On the flip side, the reason I'm sort of looking to get it right now rather than wait for a price drop is because it's likely the online community for this game will die in like a month or two. It's a DBZ game and it doesn't sound like too many people have bought it. By the time the price might drop to where I'd be willing to shell out the cash, the online community may be sparse and/or dead. Which is like 90% of this game's content, the online...

Edit: And what's even stranger is every time I've bought a DBZ game used (from this current gen, mind you) they're much higher than you'd typically expect them to be. For example, Raging Blast 2 right now is still in the $20-$30 range used -- when it's over 3 years old now. I guess that might be because of the DBZ name? Or, is it because it might be out of print by now? So that's another thing that throws a wrench into the idea of waiting for the game to go down in price as it might take too long to get to $40 =\ (which is the price I would be more than okay with paying).

Omni

Bought the game. Hopefully it ships here in the next day or two.

Figure that even if it's not something you can play constantly, it will be good to mix things up with

Top Bottom