• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DragonBall Z: Battle of Z |OT| PLEASE, GIVE ME YOUR ENERGY!

Malyse

No in-game transformations is stupid. I love the MonHun feel of the game though.

More hunting action games for all!

Alienous

Oh snap this isn't the arcade game? I played it (terribly) in Akihabara and thought it was pretty fun. :/ Hype deflated.

Transformations being separate characters is bullshit .

It has a lot in common, but it isn't the same game. Different developer, I think.

I was looking forward to a Zenkai Battle Royale console game, but you'd know more than me how it compares. Zenkai looked more fun, though.

Malyse

It has a lot in common, but it isn't the same game. Different developer, I think.

I was looking forward to a Zenkai Battle Royale console game, but you'd know more than me how it compares. Zenkai looked more fun, though.

I would have wanted that DB Heroes: Ultimate Mission game. Create a character interests me and female Super Saiyans excite me.

No in-game transformations is stupid. I love the MonHun feel of the game though.

More hunting action games for all!

Are you kidding? Why are they dropping features?

Tenkaichi 3 had it all.. a bajillion characters, in game transformations, team battles, a flipping single player versus mode, etc ...

If they had just continued to refine the movesets, game mechanics, and added other features, like REAL terrain transformation, etc, it would have continually resulted in great DBZ games.

But nah, they're all shit.

FYC

Banned
Thanks for the thread!

Also, ShonenGameZ has playthroughs of both English and Japanese versions:

Japanese

English

I'm picking this up today at 10

do you guys want me to stream the game for ya'll, I put in some time into the demo so i know some of the basic combos with the characters that were available
and also the characters you could only get by modding the save file

also, anyone else getting this for 360?

I'm thinking of nabbing the 360 version since my Vita memory card's too small for downloads.

fearme

Neo Member
This game is bad. There's some cool coop ideas, but the gameplay is so horrible... Is it so hard to make a good Dragon Ball game?

First of all, holy shit at the narrator in the Jump Fiesta trailer. That was amazing.

Secondly, I'm still a bit unclear. Does this basically play like Virtual On?

Munkyspace

This game is bad. There's some cool coop ideas, but the gameplay is so horrible... Is it so hard to make a good Dragon Ball game?

Is the full game really that bad? I liked the demo and I've been hovering over the purchase button here for the past 30 minutes or so.

Any impressions today from anyone that bought it so far?

TCKaos

I'm picking this up today at 10

do you guys want me to stream the game for ya'll, I put in some time into the demo so i know some of the basic combos with the characters that were available
and also the characters you could only get by modding the save file

also, anyone else getting this for 360?

I'll be getting it on the 360 as soon as snowmaggedon ends. Alabamians don't know how to drive in the fucking snow. It took me two hours to drive to the store, and it's an eight minute drive.

Omni

I had no idea this was out so soon. Whatever the case, I'm still on the fence.

Demo was pretty fun... but different. Can't explain it. This is just a game that I want to want, but can't for some reason.

Jarate

Banned
I'm on Buu saga right now

I sally wish the characters would unlock in a non weird way, I still haven't gotten Ultra Trunks or SS2 Teen Gohan.

Emarv

I'm on Buu saga right now

I sally wish the characters would unlock in a non weird way, I still haven't gotten Ultra Trunks or SS2 Teen Gohan.

How do the characters unlock? It's not mission based? I'm not the biggest fan of really difficult character unlocks for what I assume would be basic characters.

Jarate

Banned
How do the characters unlock? It's not mission based? I'm not the biggest fan of really difficult character unlocks for what I assume would be basic characters.

I'd I'm confused about, ill go through all of story mode though and see if something weird will happen

I was surprised at how well the game looks and performs on the Vita. Haven't tried the demo on PS3 yet but I can already imagine the Vita version being the one I'd go for if I ever get it.

Gameplay was alright but I don't know how in-depth it is and whether or not it would keep my interest.

Jarate

Banned
ugggh, getting S rank missions just to unlock SSJ3 Goku is kind of silly

I could see some of the obscure characters, but come on guys, I just want to get my goku on

Skyzard

Banned
First DBZ game I've played in years. As a group fighter, it's a fun game, as someone who used to watch the dubbed anime on tv, it's pretty mindblowing on vita, the rendering is so good. Very pretty battle areas too. Runs decently most of the time, (YMMV if you're anal).

Playing through the campaign to see if the game will hold up offline, so far so good. Really wish they had addable AI for battlemode offline and ideally the ability to choose difficulty too. Let's see if the missions available are varied enough.

Jarate

Banned
Also, who else has gotten salty as hell when the AI refuses to pick you up and they're just standing there staring at you

The opponent AI is sometimes a chess wizard, while your AI is johny cod player

Skyzard

Banned
Also, who else has gotten salty as hell when the AI refuses to pick you up and they're just standing there staring at you

The opponent AI is sometimes a chess wizard, while your AI is johny cod player

Indeed, probably trying to mimic online play or something :p

He's playable. Whis is, too.

Dragon-Ball-Z-Battle-of-Z-Characters.jpg

Ah Yes it looks lovely having GT abolished from reality

This game looks ridiculous on the Vita so far. Also it sucks that we won't be able to play as SS Bardock, Vegito, or Sage Naruto Costume Goku.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I don't mind it. It needs a big world to explore or even a set piece instead of menus. For the price I could of gotten T3 again, but I'm not complaining. I've been wanting an arcade game based on the series since seeing the Japanese one they had like 2 years+ ago. I'm playing it on the Vita. All I can say about haters is that we get god goku. Lol

It's like the arcade games WAR, Spawn, and That league joystick game all in one.

I am very much enjoying this game. It has a very bright future if they can build well on top of this foundation. More variety and combat depth =)

Jarate

Banned
I got an extra Bardock Preorder code

Ill be willing to trade it for a Super Vegito code if anyone is interested?

If I cant find anyone else, i may do a little giveaway or tournament

This is for 360 btw

Also, anyone else on 360, GT is Jarate

Rnr1224

really enjoying this game so far! the earlier missions were easy and now im on the cell saga and its gotten much tougher. i havent put much effort into the team building or card aspects really. but i suppose those will help drastically. anyone can feel free to add my PSN ID as well: Rnr1224

Jarate

Banned
really enjoying this game so far! the earlier missions were easy and now im on the cell saga and its gotten much tougher. i havent put much effort into the team building or card aspects really. but i suppose those will help drastically. anyone can feel free to add my PSN ID as well: Rnr1224
Just wait till you fight perfect cell along with like 6 cell juniors

The beans are 2 stronk

muteki

Played the demo and was pleasantly surprised how good it looked and how good it played. Went from "not even on radar" to "might pick up". Coming from the PSP Macross games though, it really feels like an Artdink game. Really makes me want a vita Macross bad.

Reknoc

Played the demo and was pleasantly surprised how good it looked and how good it played. Went from "not even on radar" to "might pick up". Coming from the PSP Macross games though, it really feels like an Artdink game. Really makes me want a vita Macross bad.

Yea, when I played the demo my first thought was "yep this is an artdink game". Which was good for me since I loved their psp Macross and Gundam games.

Jarate

Banned
So is the full game better than the demo because the demo was pretty ass and the combat system was poor
The Demo wasnt difficult in the least

This game does get harder and youll see how deep it can get fairly fast

Not the deepest game of all time, but theres some meta in there

Top Bottom