• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen coming to PS4/XB1 (fall 2017)

Looks like a locked 30fps and the graphics on the pro are really clean and sharp. Textures are also really amazing. Putting the camera senssitivty to max makes it feel 60fps.

The videos don't really do it any justice.

Lol that is not how framerate works.

And no it looks like a ps3 game in 1080p. A game that also ran well on the worst specs you could imagine. The game is definetly saved by good design and art, but the only visually impressive aspects of that game when it released was the lighting engine.

WITHE1982

Damn it. I was one click away from ordering from Shopto but opted for digital to make game changing a bit easier.

I'd now kill for a copy for this weekend. Tuesday launches are lame as hell.

Edit: any of you lucky people who got it early fancy chucking a few images or a video up?

nemisis0

Are there any specific pro enhancements?

And would you mind taking some screenshots I could use for the OT?

Best I have are ones pulled from YouTube videos that have a lot of compression, so it would be nice to have something actually representative of the game.

The pro enhancements look like it's AA, Lightning and 4k resolution. Will upload screenshots in a few minutes.

nemisis0

HSqyN0L

https://imgur.com/a/np3wz

using the built in photomode in the game, no added effects or anything like that.

Tagyhag

Looks like a locked 30fps and the graphics on the pro are really clean and sharp. Textures are also really amazing. Putting the camera senssitivty to max makes it feel 60fps.

The videos don't really do it any justice.

That's like saying using a TV's game mode makes a game feel 60fps, that's not how it works lol.

nemisis0

Lol that is not how framerate works.

And no it looks like a ps3 game in 1080p. A game that also ran well on the worst specs you could imagine. The game is definetly saved by good design and art, but the only visually impressive aspects of that game when it released was the lighting engine.

I have loaded up the ps3 game and the difference is massive in quality, game is also not running at 1080p on a pro it's higher.

So it's definitely 30fps? How weird, since all other Capcom remaster are 60fps and it's not that demanding judging the engine and the pc port.

Don't forget to put a section for GAF players and their pawns!

So I can make myself a pawn in others game?? Or what do mean me a place for gaffers and their pawns?

I've preordered cause I've always wanted to play this. Any tips on starting class. I usually like casters or rogue/assassin type characters.

Zeta Oni

So I can make myself a pawn in others game?? Or what do mean me a place for gaffers and their pawns?

I've preordered cause I've always wanted to play this. Any tips on starting class. I usually like casters or rogue/assassin type characters.

Basically, your main pawn (The one you create towards the beginning) can be summoned by other players to aid them in their adventure, and you can do the same. Normally this cost's a specific amount of RC (Rift Crystals) based on the level difference between you and the pawn your summoning (Pawn higher level than you = More RC), but being friends gets rid of that cost.

Starting class is between the three basic vocations: Strider, Fighter, and Mage.

I'd recommend Strider, but that's mostly because they have some valuable augments (passives that can be shared regardless of class) and I prefer faster characters.

Fighter would probably be the best all around option.

moozoom

Probably a dumb question, but this needs plus correct?

The « multiplayer » gameplay via pawn recruit doesn’t need PS+

Got the game this morning and I already played with some online pawns g and I don’t have PS+
I was pretty surprised the servers were already up.

Meant to play for a few minutes last night, ended up playing for three hours. I've missed this game! I'm terrible at noticing framerate stuff but it definitely feels like a locked 30fps. Not particularly impressive but I haven't played since it was on PS3 and looked janky as hell, so any visual improvements feel welcome to me.

Also, I remember thinking this game was super difficult in the early parts back when the vanilla version first came out but I'm steamrolling through it now. Playing and platinuming all From Soft games in the past five years has definitely toughened me up.

Laiza

1440p on pro yes but not sure about FXAA as the AA looks really sharp and clean, doesn't FXAA usually have blurred edges? The game on my screen doesn't seem to.
FXAA blurring is less noticeable at higher resolutions due to the higher PPI.

Is there any technical breakdown yet? As much as I want to play this, I also don't want to be left in the dark before paying and I have a backlog already.

BigEmil

This is a bare minimum port straight from PC version yeah price is cheap but I'll wait for a little further price drop, other Capcom remasters were better done

Snoopycat

Banned
Watched a couple of streams. The game looked blurry as shit during outside scenes, terrible textures and weird potato faces everywhere. It's obvious this is a lazy, zero effort port but it's only £20, so I guess the price reflects that.

Staf

DAY ONE! Not sure what class i should play though. When i played it on PS3 i played a sorcerer and really loved it. The magic in this game is done right. But man, i wanna climb monsters as well!

Top Bottom