• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Anteater

time to spend 3 hours in the character creator

then having to restart again when I find out she looks like ass in game

yeah the game is pretty demanding, couldn't downsample without the fire effects slowing things down

JambiBum

My tool somehow does that. I made the conversion functionality very specifically for converting from console to PC, but apparently it works on the leaked version too.

Do you know how to do it? Every time I try to convert it to the steam version I just get a corrupt data message when I try to load it.

I'm unpacking the old save to xml, and then packing it over the top of the new save. If I'm doing it incorrectly let me know.

God help me. I spent like half an hour on the character creator. My one weakness is super detailed and user friendly character creators and this game has it in spades.

Freaking Steam. I pre-loaded the game many days before. I come home and try to start the game and it has a disk write error. My desktop is new and I verified my hdd that I put my steam games on and there are no errors. Looks like I'm just going to redownload the game again.

Vamphuntr

Freaking Steam. I pre-loaded the game many days before. I come home and try to start the game and it has a disk write error. My desktop is new and I verified my hdd that I put my steam games on and there are no errors. Looks like I'm just going to redownload the game again.

Are you on a SSD? I had this problem once and it was because I ran out of space.

I'm still in the character creator. Going for a male one but have no idea what to model him after.
Oh boy, every time in every RPG with a character creation.

vg260

Savegame tool I made for converting savegames from 360/PS3 to PC: http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/DDsavetool.rar

You can also unpack and repack saves to/from XML with it. Read the readme.txt for usage information. When converting savegame from console to PC, you'll also need a PC savegame (it reads your steam id from the steam savegame and adds it to the converted savegame). Getting your savegame file from console might be a small hassle, but I'm sure anyone who really wants to convert their savegame are familiar with copying save files from xbox or ps3.

Example of converted save:
Xbox: http://abload.de/img/2016-01-15_18-00-51ffs1v.jpg
PC: http://abload.de/img/ddda2016-01-1517-56-49vs4x.jpg

You can find your PC savegame at \\Steam\userdata\[steamuserid]\367500\remote\DDDA.sav

There's one important limitation, if you convert from xbox 360 or PS3, you need a Dark Arisen savegame. I wasn't able to get this working with original Dragon's Dogma saves.

The tool requires VS2008 C++ runtime libraries to be installed: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29

This is awesome, but I'm still having trouble for some reason. I'm trying to convert a 360 save.

I copied my 360 DA save to a USB stick and found the DD_SAVEDATA_01 and have the DDDA.sav file from the PC.

I ran DDsavetool -c DD_SAVEDATA_01 DDDA.sav

I get a neither file is a Dark Arisen console savegame

Do you know what I'm overlooking? Do I have the wrong order?

Cleve

Could someone do me a huge favor and upload their save right at the start of the game? My game is freezing at character creation every time. I don't care about appearance or class, I just want to be able to jump in and not fight the chimera for an 8th time hoping it works.

Skilletor

I keep getting this error when I launch the game:

D3DERR_DEVICELOST : GETdEVICE() - > Reset(&d3dppm)

It launched fine the first time I opened it, but when I changed the resolution, it crashed and now when I try to boot it I get this error.

I have no idea what this means. Any help?

artsi

That reddit thread title makes me a bit sad. I made the conversion to work for console to PC, but most people are now seeing it as "pirated copy to retail savegame converter," even though that's just an accidental unintended feature of the tool.

People who actually bought the game and need the tool are the ones using it, so I don't see a reason to feel that bad.

It may have resulted in some additional purchases actually when people who have played the leaked version can continue with that save, instead of starting from the beginning.

me0wish

252C7F93E1A445789A1711CBDEFD2B19248E0463

Enjoying this game a lot.

That reddit thread title makes me a bit sad. I made the conversion to work for console to PC, but most people are now seeing it as "pirated copy to retail savegame converter," even though that's just an accidental unintended feature of the tool.
Yeah i totally clicked it expecting to see comments like "this is a console save converter doofus". Did not think your converter actually made that possible.

My pawn is currently decked out in BBI gear, and is a strider, but I'm returning her to warrior (as she always was) with some ur dragon gear later.
Get her while she's hot ;]

Yeah that's kinda bs.

Dsyndrome

All these goblins one-shotting me on hard repeatedly... After many attempts, I take down three and level up twice. Hopefully the upward trajectory continues.

Sectus

This is awesome, but I'm still having trouble for some reason. I'm trying to convert a 360 save.

I copied my 360 DA save to a USB stick and found the DD_SAVEDATA_01 and have the DDDA.sav file from the PC.

I ran DDsavetool -c DD_SAVEDATA_01 DDDA.sav

I get a neither file is a Dark Arisen console savegame

Do you know what I'm overlooking? Do I have the wrong order?

You need to use a program for unpacking PIRS (xbox specific container file format) files. I use a program called wxpirs for doing it. If you unpack DD_SAVEDATA_01 you'll get the actual savegame (which would be called DD_SAVEDATA). And that's what you'll use with my save tool.

vg260

You need to use a program for unpacking PIRS (xbox specific container file format) files. I use a program called wxpirs for doing it. If you unpack DD_SAVEDATA_01 you'll get the actual savegame (which would be called DD_SAVEDATA). And that's what you'll use with my save tool.

OK, thank you.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
meh I just learned the wrong skill, do you get discipline fast enough to learn other skills? :/

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm getting an infinite loading screen right after the introduction.
anyone else have the same problem?

Dr Dogg

Game seems plenty playable with only two buttons.

What you can do with just a 5 button mouse (which is pretty much the minimum now for every mouse in over the last decade) is remap the middle button to the Use/E key and the forward and back buttons to Primary and Secondary Skills Sets respectively and you have all the combat buttons under your mouse hand in piss easy reach. You can then have your keyboard hand focused solely on movement and your mouse hand committed to attack which flows really, really well.

Zexen

I'm hoping for some textures mods, but it looks good and runs great so far.

Some bleeding from AO with the 0x00000013 bit. Any new word on SLI? Frameworks bits not working this far, uh?

Also SLI bits 0x02402005 and 0x02432005 work but don't scale very well. You'd probably get around 65%-75% on each card before getting clapped with negative scaling but no adverse rendering issues of note that I saw. Speaking of which 21:9 resolutions are not really going to be a quick fix.

Hey, where do I put these into inspector to get the SLi benefits?
Just asking so I'm ready to go when I get home.

Looking for some good GeDoSaTo / SweetFX shading presets too so I can make this game even better.

I'm hoping for some textures mods, but it looks good and runs great so far.

Some bleeding from AO with the 0x00000013 bit. Any new word on SLI? Frameworks bits not working this far, uh?

Mind sharing your character creator settings? That looks similar to what I want to make my arisen look like.

ViviOggi

time to spend 3 hours in the character creator

then having to restart again when I find out she looks like ass in game

yeah the game is pretty demanding, couldn't downsample without the fire effects slowing things down
Don't think the game really is demanding at all aside from particles which tend to rekt fps in a bunch of games at 4k. I'm fine at QHD but it's a slight bummer.

mdzapeer

Noticed the game has some frame pacing issue with Vsync on, any advice?

Adaptive vsync from Nvidia or use Riva tuner (RTSS), going for 120 fps.

Are you on a SSD? I had this problem once and it was because I ran out of space.

I put my steam folder on my hdd, all my games are on there and this is the first time I got this problem. I still have 2 TB left and even if I used my SDD there is more than 200GB on that.

Top Bottom