• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Kyoufu

Loving it so far, but kbm controls are pretty janky. I have dash set to shift, but my character only decides to dash sometimes, most of the time when I press it she'll grab instead. Weird. Also enter to confirm too many things in the menu, devs please stop using enter to confirm on kbm controls! It's all the way over there!

Definitely gonna switch to controller, but just thought I'd warn anyone wanting to use kbm that it's not perfect.

I've said it a million times already but to get the most out of this game you will need to play with the controller. This game was not meant to be played with anything else.

Aaannnd I'm back~

049b324064.jpg

Y'all who got me on your friendslist are in for a treat ;D

Durante

Any way to play this borderless? GeDoSaTo gives me a white border. :/

I just fixed this btw. Now you can forceBorderlessFullscreen it in the game-specific settings and that deals with everything.

(Was a general bug which applied to all games which re-init their device)

Tain

Any other opinions on Hard mode? Morrigan's saying it's dull, any other input? I played most of the vanilla game on 360, found it too easy, and am kind of struggling with which difficulty to go with.

I forgot to mention that. When converting from xbox 360 to PS3, you need a Dark Arisen savegame. I wasn't able to get it working with original Dragon's Dogma saves.

Aww. Understandable. I'll stick with starting over, then.

Anyone getting some weird slowdowns? From 60fps to 30 for a second and then back to 60

Nope. Getting a rock solid 60 fps at 1080p with my 970. I probably should downsample a bit, but it looks pretty good as it is. I could definitely not get 60 fps at 4k though.

Unai

Anyone getting some weird slowdowns? From 60fps to 30 for a second and then back to 60

That's usually V-Sync. Try forcing the game to run in bordeless window mode.

Edit: GeDoSaTo might help with it:

I just fixed this btw. Now you can forceBorderlessFullscreen it in the game-specific settings and that deals with everything.

Does anyone think the keyboard controls feel awkward? Could be because I'm mainly a console gamer, but I kinda want to break out the controller...

Lagamorph

Is it possible to re-start the game with your existing character? I didn't pay attention to what options I had picked when creating my character.
Want to re-start so I can actually watch the intro rather than skipping it by attempting to pause it.

How dare I try to answer my phone while the intro is playing and not want to miss anything right?

Sectus

You can plug your community profile link into any of these website to get it:

SteamRep
Steam ID I/O
Steam ID Finder
Steam Parser
SteamID.co

Thanks!

Aww. Understandable. I'll stick with starting over, then.

If you'd like a challenge, you could try unpacking your original Dragon's Dogma savefile (which my tool can do) and also unpack any PC savefile to XML files, and then you could try to figure out which parts of the savefile you need to update for it to work. I dunno how feasible that actually is though. Dark Arisen on consoles can automatically convert saves from older versions to the newest one, but I don't think Dark Arisen on PC can do that.

Gbraga

Thanks, that will be helpful. Can't wait to play it.

So Borderless + Vsync off + in-game 60fps limiter would be the best combination for 60hz monitors?

Ferr986

Any other opinions on Hard mode? Morrigan's saying it's dull, any other input? I played most of the vanilla game on 360, found it too easy, and am kind of struggling with which difficulty to go with.

IMO it's not worth it. It's really hard at first but it ends up being as easy because you still overlevel, just that you end up with more stamina consumption.

Thats what I felt atleast when I played it.

Man this thread makes me want to take out my 360 and play it again lol

Kyoufu

Does anyone think the keyboard controls feel awkward? Could be because I'm mainly a console gamer, but I kinda want to break out the controller...

They are awkward and it's not the game's fault, there's just too much going on for it to be viable. I just tried it with a keyboard and the amount of finger gymnastics I had to do just to do something that would take a couple of button presses on a controller made me laugh.

UltraJay

2016-01-15_00030kyu34.jpg

My arisen is cute.

CUTE!

This is fucking glorious at not 20FPS.

We have the same tastes I guess. But ya gotta have green hair.

I kept dying in the prologue on hard. Right before the Griffin fight. Then I fought the Griffin with no idea how to beat it for a while (a long while) before dying and remembering that was what I was supposed to do.

Astra

First thing I did, was put the Into Free mod in, and have been sitting at the title screen just enjoying it :D

Light sources are showing weird AO behind them. Is that the HBAO fix I applied?

Also: FPS tanks in the opening for me at 3200x1800. 980ti. 1440p it is for a bit I suppose.

Kaiser is ready for action. Made him a grizzled army veteran who's getting too old for this shit. I'll probably change him up once I get to the appearance changing item.

Edit: Put in better picture trying out ENB.

JambiBum

Same question, i wanna use my file from the leaked version.
(i buyed the game on Steam more than a week ago)

Unless Sectus has a way to convert that save to the retail version so far no one has been able to get it to work from the other version. It just gives a corrupt data message when trying.

BadWolf

Just go normal and then head to Bitterblack Isle after you're done with the story.

Dr Dogg

Well then Nabs let's see if my 'He who posts their bindings to the community first, laughs loudest' rings true in this case.

I mean I'm already #1 and #3.

Edit: Just got to say the keyboard and mouse controls are fucking fabulous! Though they were a bit clunky at first but after a while started to find all the common and relevant keys are right under your hands and in easy reach.

Also SLI bits 0x02402005 and 0x02432005 work but don't scale very well. You'd probably get around 65%-75% on each card before getting clapped with negative scaling but no adverse rendering issues of note that I saw. Speaking of which 21:9 resolutions are not really going to be a quick fix.

So first off the UI renders at a 16:9 ratio and is constrained on the hoizontal axis as well as taking it's coodinated from the op so you clip even item to the lower half of the display. Also health bars as you can see will not be above characters heads but reside lower down the screen. Though that's not all...

Some post effect are also rendered at 16:9 so as you can see they don't match up with the geometry. Might be worth keeping an eye on WSGF to see if any of the folks over there figure something out as they're a pretty smart bunch.

Lagamorph

Ugh, and starting a new game will over write my existing one, so I can't even create a throwaway character just to watch the intro, then go back to the character I spent ages putting together.....

Is there any way after starting the game to check what appearance options you picked for your character so I can re-create him exactly?

Fujinn

Thanks, man. Amazing work btw.

Running animation seems weird. It's like it's capped at 30fps when you change directions/run in a circle. Also, cutscene subtitles are noticeably low-res.

I just tried it with a keyboard and the amount of finger gymnastics I had to do just to do something that would take a couple of button presses on a controller made me laugh.

lol. I love my macro controller with 6 extra buttons for all those hotkeys and macros.

Also I just hold down a macro (set to autrofire B) when approaching doors to open without giving a second thought also for skipping dialogue and cutscenes. Such a thumb saver.

Teggy

Is anyone else having a problem getting an xbox controller working? I changed the video options no problem but when I select controller and hit backspace it doesn't save the change. I tried with both xbox one and 360 controller attached. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Sectus

Unless Sectus has a way to convert that save to the retail version so far no one has been able to get it to work from the other version. It just gives a corrupt data message when trying.

My tool somehow does that. I made the conversion functionality very specifically for converting from console to PC, but apparently it works on the leaked version too.

forrest

formerly nacire
Man, I haven't purchased this yet, but I'm just coming off of Xenoblade Chronicles X and this has been on my radar for years having missed the original release. It looks really great!

I still haven't played The Witcher 3 either though. What say you GAF Witcher 3 or Dragon's Dogma?

Yeah, after the tutorial I found out my toaster can't run this D=

Oh well, I'll be upgrading soon enough (I hope), so the game will just sit there on my steam account for some time.

Top Bottom