• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Limited Edition (JPN) and Berserk equipment screens

New Dev Blog

Q: How does the player improve the AI of the main pawn?

A: Initially, the AI will improve based on the player’s job and the decisions the player makes. When making the game, we took great consideration to make sure that this was a game about raising an AI, not just programming one. I want to take on a disciple and raise it as my own. I do not want to hire a robot and program it with tedious rules and parameters. So if the player just plays the game as they want to, the system is set up to support this and will train the pawn.

The pawn will attempt to match the player’s job and fighting patterns and start to do things on their own. And if that is not exactly how you would like them trained, simply go to Pawn Guild, sit in the chair, and talk to your pawn. The pawn will then ask the player on what and how they should improve. So if you happen to find an effective way to take down an enemy, the pawn will use the same effective attack style the next time you face that enemy.

Customizing the looks of the pawns does not mean it’s just adjusting its visual appearance. If the pawn is heavier set, then the limit on the amount of weight that the character can hold is increased. If you carry more than what the character’s carrying capacity is, then it will take more stamina to perform any movements and your overall speed will be reduced. The characters weight also has an effect on how soon the spent stamina can be recovered. Also, depending on how big the character is will affect the way the character interacts in the game. Bigger characters will have a longer reach when they attack, but they will also be easier to hit. For smaller characters, they walk slower and the speed at which they move about is different. Not just the size, but the sex of the character can also have an effect on your gameplay strategy. Since the characters’ reach and the stamina are major points, and I think you will experience these when you start playing the game.

We need to have a talk...

Capcom's e-Capcom sales site will offer an exclusive limited edition for Dragon's Dogma. This ¥11,990 package includes a copy of the game, a 16x24cm monster statue, and an original box. It will be available for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Capcom also shared details today on some of the bonus items that will be included with the game at select retailers. Depending on where you buy, you'll get a special bookmark-shaped card. Capcom suggests using the card as a bookmark for the Dragon's Dogma The Beginning bonus booklet. The card also has a download code for downloading special equipment.

3aSKe.jpg

490ny.jpg

OlhuY.jpg

aK1qY.jpg

kJyp4.jpg

hO40H.jpg

jxkfU.jpg

http://andriasang.com/comzzr/dragons_dogma_goods/

KrayzeeGloo

Neo Member
Y'know, my Alduin statue IS pretty lonely... Will probably snatch this up if it ends up coming to the States if the price isn't too steep.

Vamphuntr

Ouch isn't that like 130$?

The statue is cool but I don't think it's worth that much. I'm definitely picking up the game when it launches in NA though. I love open world RPGs and this one even has a party system! It also helps that I got this game for free (fully paid preoder) through the Tsilon.ca deal.

LiK

Ouch isn't that like 130$?

The statue is cool but I don't think it's worth that much. I'm definitely picking up the game when it launches in NA though. I love open world RPGs and this one even has a party system! It also helps that I got this game for free (fully paid preoder) through the Tsilon.ca deal.

$153 USD with current exchange rate. that's actually not a bad price for e-Capcom exclusive.

Aselith

I love the art style of this game. I really hate that games have gravitated so much toward ornate shit and fancy ass armor. I love armor that looks like it has utility and there's still a lot of variation possible with that style. Stuff in this game seems like it's seen some field use.

Love these armors. Please, please, please release them in the US.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Looks great, but I await to see how many "_____ will be DLC!!" jokes from the stream come true.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I'd really like to love this game, I'm trying my best... but the style is so plain and boring. There's also something off with the lighting in this game, it looks soul-less with that dead/fake illumination.

Anteater

I'd really like to love this game, I'm trying my best... but the style is so plain and boring. There's also something off with the lighting in this game, it looks soul-less with that dead/fake illumination.

Yea for me I think the buildings and architecture aren't very unique, even though they're trying to go for a fantasy setting, hopefully there will be more variety and locales outside of rocks and fort.

soultron

Banned
Whoa. I had no idea they were doing a tie-in. That's pretty genius and fits really well.

But there's like, what, zero chance of this coming here, right?

Anteater

Whoa. I had no idea they were doing a tie-in. That's pretty genius and fits really well.

But there's like, what, zero chance of this coming here, right?

The berserk equipments were confirmed to be on disc and available worldwide, if they're not lying!

The limited edition probably won't

Dragon’s Dogma FAQ - Part 2 said:
4) Will you be releasing the Berserk armor set in America?

Yes. The Berserk armor set will be included on disc in all territories.

Blunt

Banned
Damn it Capcom, I'm supposed to be furious at you for all the shit you've been pulling lately. But Guts and Griffith? This is like battered spouse syndrome.

Capcom will change! I can make them change! Capcom only hurts me because they love me! Really!

I fell down the stairs again.....

Berserk armor included in the US?

Fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yes.

Oh, and yeah... the Berserk equipment look insanely accurate. I showed my friends on Skype and they thought it was the coolest thing ever. This might be a dumb thing to sell a game to someone... but I'm totally getting this game for the costumes. Fuck yes. Dragon thing is ugly, though. Also a terrible attempt at copying Skyrim's Dragon bonus, I swear.

Teknoman

Now to just decide on the 360 or PS3 version. Strange how I went from complaining about no MP to think of the game as a must have.

The berserk equipments were confirmed to be on disc and available worldwide, if they're not lying!

The limited edition probably won't

Awesome.

And about the environmental art - I like it but I can see myself getting sick of it if the world consists of just rocks, generic European open plain areas and what not. I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that what was shown in the stream was a tiny portion of the world.

They did say that there are almost one hundred types of monsters in the game so that's encouraging. I thought the Cyclops and Chimera looked really good. And of course, the character models and all the armor/weapons look amazing which is why I would still forgive the game if it did end up looking the same most of the time.

I hope Capcom bring to the west some kind of collector's edition, or at least a steelbook edition.

RE6 Demo + Capcom's MT Framework = 360 version for me

Top Bottom