• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma online | Import OT | Black Bars be gone!

Kalentan

Worth noting that I don't think guilds are cross-platform. I've looked for the GAF guild a number of times on a bunch of different servers on PC, no results each time.

That's cause it's GamingAgeF, not GAF.

Also there's only one server, just channels. I'm about to get on. If anyone wants to meet up at the bar in Channel 13-0.

Edit: I finally get free time... I finally get it... and there's a fucking maintenence going on...

Boogins

From top to bottom:

Work speed
Equipment enhancement skill
HQ equipment making skill
Consumable production quantity up
Cost performance (guessing this has to do with number of items used per craft, not 100% sure yet)

Oh that makes a whole lot more sense than it being improvements for each grouping like I thought. Thank you.

Stimpack

That's cause it's GamingAgeF, not GAF.

Also there's only one server, just channels. I'm about to get on. If anyone wants to meet up at the bar in Channel 13-0.

Edit: I finally get free time... I finally get it... and there's a fucking maintenence going on...
Is maintenance an every day thing? Not complaining, just seems like vital information.

Kalentan

Is maintenance an every day thing? Not complaining, just seems like vital information.

No, typically only maintenence on thursday (or wednesday in the west.) They've had 2 days of emergency maintences.

Also I'm online guys right now!!! Come to Channel 13-1 and find me at the Bar. :)

Kalentan

How do I get to 13-1? Is that right after you pick your character?

Anyway my new character a blonde, Kaylee Iris

Okay so when you select your character, a list of channels should appear. You just need to scroll down to 13 and then click on the second option which should be 01.

Okay thanks. Picked it, it's taking foreeeever to load. Probably picked a bad proxy. lol. We'll see how bad it is. What's your character's name?

Kalentan

Okay thanks. Picked it, it's taking foreeeever to load. Probably picked a bad proxy. lol. We'll see how bad it is. What's your character's name?

Kalentan. I'm the sole person sitting in the bar. (Which in the top most left of the city.)

Edit: Still loading?

Qvoth

Finally have some free time, hopefully I can play tomorrow
Updating patch through proxy just kills your download speed so much :<

Kalentan. I'm the sole person sitting in the bar. (Which in the top most left of the city.)

Edit: Still loading?

I'm in 13-1 found what I presume to be a Bar and couldn't find you. Even shouted "GAF" lol.

Anyway, I have no idea how to manually Tell someone yet. Try PMing me in game if you can.

Kalentan

I'm in 13-1 found what I presume to be a Bar and couldn't find you. Even shouted "GAF" lol.

Anyway, I have no idea how to manually Tell someone yet. Try PMing me in game if you can.

That doesn't make sense... You sure in the corner it says: Lobby:013 - 01?

Edit: I'm reloading in.

You need to friend someone before you can PM them. You said your name was Kaylee Iris?

That doesn't make sense... You sure in the corner it says: Lobby:013 - 01?

Edit: I'm reloading in.

Yeah, I'm reloading in too, maybe something with my proxy. Also, I almost died in battle I'm back in town now with the red around my screen and I have no idea where to go to heal. lol

Stimpack

Ok, just sitting at the bar. I would also love to group up with someone. I've yet to play with another person. :(
How does the level difference effect parties? I'll be unable to play for the next few days, and I don't want to be left in the dust.

Also this post makes a lot of assumptions, if you're unsure, I understand!

Kalentan

How does the level difference effect parties? I'll be unable to play for the next few days, and I don't want to be left in the dust.

Also this post makes a lot of assumptions, if you're unsure, I understand!

I have no idea. I haven't partied yet and some basic info like that is missing from the translation websites.

Stimpack

I have no idea. I haven't partied yet and some basic info like that is missing from the translation websites.
That's what I figured, but I hoped maybe there'd be information out there. In dragons dogma proper, pawn levels made no difference on exp, so hopefully it's something similar here.

Kalentan

So I managed to successfully PM you once, and my loading screen won't stop, I better grab a new proxy I think =/

Do you have a laptop or desktop you could connect your PS4 to through ethernet?

That's what I figured, but I hoped maybe there'd be information out there. In dragons dogma proper, pawn levels made no difference on exp, so hopefully it's something similar here.

That I can tell you. Pawns seem to get copy exp, they don't take exp from you.

When I tried adding you with that 4th option.

COCKarvUEAA9yiJ.jpg

Plus people are lag teleporting away from me, so I'm gonna find a better proxy then join back.

Kalentan

When I tried adding you with that 4th option.

COCKarvUEAA9yiJ.jpg

Plus people are lag teleporting away from me, so I'm gonna find a better proxy then join back.

Hm... Weird. I got no error, but red text appeared when I tried to invite you to a party. My friend invite seemed to work. At least on my side it did.

Edit: Oh shit, apparently you need to keep doing quests till you UNLOCK parties.

Hm... Weird. I got no error, but red text appeared when I tried to invite you to a party. My friend invite seemed to work. At least on my side it did.

I'm also not level 10 yet either =/

I wouldn't even mind just hanging around killing shit,. Been looking forward to that actually xD

Fighting both the Japanese barrier and Proxy barrier makes this really tough but I plan to stick with it for a while :)

Edit - and I found a MUCH better one. What took me 3 minutes to load before loading in less than 30 seconds. aww yeah.

Kalentan

Fighting both the Japanese barrier and Proxy barrier makes this really tough but I plan to stick with it for a while :)

Just an FYI you need to unlock your pawn (which is a main story level 6) and then do a quest from one of the NPC's in the room outside the room where you typically gets main quests. the NPC is next to a quest board and she's blonde with pony tails.

In case you couldn't find them:

EH4b.jpg

Just an FYI you need to unlock your pawn (which is a main story level 6) and then do a quest from one of the NPC's in the room outside the room where you typically gets main quests. the NPC is next to a quest board and she's blonde with pony tails.

In case you couldn't find them:

EH4b.jpg

Thanks for the help!

How do you access your photos you take in game like you posted there?

Kalentan

Thanks for the help!

How do you access your photos you take in game like you posted there?

They appear in your screenshot folder. So I just copied to a USB.

Did a lvl 12 world quest in this well near the town. Sooo intense and fun when playing with a friend. I'm in love with this game

Hey by chance did you do a Personal Quest that's level 3 that according to my translation app... you need to kill 2 slimes?

They appear in your screenshot folder. So I just copied to a USB.

Hey by chance did you do a Personal Quest that's level 3 that according to my translation app... you need to kill 2 slimes?

If you're looking for slimes, they're in a well-either the one near the hub exit or in the first little town in the south, don't remember which exactly

Kalentan

If you're looking for slimes, they're in a well-either the one near the hub exit or in the first little town in the south, don't remember which exactly

Thanks, I found it. :)

Also 2 things... Are Personal Quests and World Quests repeatable? I swear some of them are...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Now that I'm back home, I'm gonna hop into the game. Playing plenty of MGSV, but I definitely want play some DDO.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Just about all the mechanics from Dragon's Dogma 1 are still here. The only big thing missing is that you can't lift up and throw small enemies anymore. I've also noticed some missing attacks from enemies (like the dogs can't grab you and pull you away anymore). Maybe they removed those for netcode reasons?

Anyway, overall, the game plays great and they've also added and changed some stuff for the better. The netcode is also great. I've played with a couple of friends and the lag is very minimal. The game is player hosted by the way, so playing on Japanese servers doesn't add any lag.

Amazing, thanks for this. This is sounding more and more tempting....

Anko

Funny, with all the DDO online I've been neglecting MGSV ;p

It'll probably happen with me too... but I am stuck on the character creation page, as usual.

An SnK Sasha clone seems possible... her as a seeker..? :D

Edit:
Ah..ermm.. nevermind. I forgot that I suck at character creation.

Kalentan

What platforms are you guys playing on?
Man, I wish PS4 supported multiple network profiles..

Though not perfect... What I do is that since I have my PS4 connect to my laptop (which uses a VPN) to play DDO and then switch to hard wired to play every other game.

But I agree.. They really need to add in the option of having more than one network profile.

Top Bottom